[Archive] 2500 Defense Flank list

Karring:

This is the last list I have played and… I won against Khemri. Tell me what do you think:

-LORDS- -295-

Sorcerer-prophet 295

Enchanted Shield(+5) and Dispell Scroll (+25). Death Lore.

-HEROES- -200-

Dark Castellan 200

Big Weapon (+5), Mask of the Furnace (+65) and Battle Standard (+25).

-CORE- -625-

x10 Infernal guard 180

Blunderbusses(+6pm)

x10 Infernal guard 170

Fireglaives (+5pm)

x19 Ifnernal guard 275

Comand (+32). Discipline Standard (+15).

-SPECIAL- -1055-

Iron Daemon 310

Deamonbound (+25).

Magma cannon 145

x3 Bull centaurs 135

Additional weapons (+5pm)

x3 Bull centaurs 135

Additional weapons (+5pm)

x6 K’daai 330

-RARE- -325-

Hell cannon 205

x5 Wolfriders 60

x5 Wolfriders 60

I explain what I understand for “Flank defense”. This is simply put all shooter units in a flank, and combat units in the other opposite one. The objective is to force enemy to engage CD combat units frontaly, cause if he want move across the flank, he will receive a lot of fire.

French_noodle:

The main idea is seductive, but reading your list i can’t help but wondering how did your combat units prevent ennemy units to engage your shooters while making your fighters run and fight against almost unbreakable units (undead…).

Can you enlighten me a little bit by telling more about your strategy and way to play this army ? Because the idea seems really fun.

I pay you with a slave for your answer in advance ! :idea :cheers

Karring:

The main idea is seductive, but reading your list i can't help but wondering how did your combat units prevent ennemy units to engage your shooters while making your fighters run and fight against almost unbreakable units (undead..).

Can you enlighten me a little bit by telling more about your strategy and way to play this army ? Because the idea seems really fun.

I pay you with a slave for your answer in advance ! :idea :cheers

French_noodle
Pleased to tell you.

The idea is to use Wolfriders for this (between others) function-this is distracting units. For other side, the "shoot flank" has two big unbreakable defenders: Hellcannon and Iron Daemon. I trust in ID for blocking dangerous unit. In my opinion, it is the "hinge" unit, between shoot and combat flank.

For other side, we have two fast and resilient units in form of Bull Centaurs, whose mission would be support flanks of slower units, and watching wolfriders (animosity is dangerous for our plans).

In my last experiences, enemy players use to ignore shoot flank, not-moving at all for avoid glaives and blunderbuss (so, more turns to shoot big weapons), or only send a heavy cavalry unit, which is (more or less) easy to hurt with Steam Cannonade (or to neutralize with wolfs-centaur combination).

This would be the "ideal" deploy, although the deployment depends of scenary and of enemy's deployment

Thank you for the slave, haha, but I do not know if I deserve it.

MatNotBarlow:

I really like the idea behind this list, how much success have you had with it? Any bat reps you can give us?

Samanos:

the prophet is lvl 3?

if thats the case i would suggest to find pts to make him lvl 4.

also i would swap ahw in the bulls for gw