[Archive] 2500 List with Comp Scores

TheLazySamurai:

Hello,

So I just posted about my experience at a comped local tourney and it seems that I will have to make changes to my current army list. My normal list clocks in at a 6 on the 6 to 16 scale, so the list usually starts several hundred points down before the game even begins. Here is my first go at a more friendly list. Let me know what you think.

Characters 793

Sorcerer-Prophet

Level 3 Wizard (Hashut)

Enchanted Shield

Arabyan Carpet

Talisman of Preservation

Infernal Castellan

Shield

Dawn Stone

Dragon Helm

Sword of Might

Battle Standard Bearer

Daemonsmith

Dispel Scroll

Charmed Shield

Hobgoblin Khan

Giant Wolf

Light Armor

Spear

Hobgoblin Khan

Giant Wolf

Light Armor

Spear

Core 1052

30 Infernal Guard

Full Command

Razor Standard

32 Infernal Guard

Blunderbuss

Full Command

Naptha Bombs

Special 655

Deathshrieker Rocket

Deathshrieker Rocket

Magma Cannon

Iron Daemon Engine

Hellbound

Total Points: 2500

Comp from units: -164

War Machine Points: 20 (-18)

Total comp 11.8

If I took this army against my normal army, I would begin with 580 victory points. This list certainly is not ideal in regular play, but I think it may do better in a comped tourney environment. Let me know what you think and any guidance if you are familiar with the Swedish comp system. Thanks.

The Lazy Samurai

Unzul:

Hi,

I don’t know the Meta-Game in your country, so i give you only a pair of suggestions:

You could reduce the unit of 30 infernal guard to 28 and so you spare 5 comp points and you would not go to reduce the power of your units.

I think you are investing too much point in wm. I know that the our wm are very very strong, but in the Swedish system, generally, there are far fewer wm, because the wm are too expensive! (in comp points)

Finally, you haven’t a unit to destroy the enemy in hand to hand (bull centaurs, k’daai fireborn/destroyer…)

sam585:

The list is still extremely ideal as a gunline list. Honestly I would run the list that I posted to your other topic it clocks in at 18.9, and you could easily tweak it to be back to 19+ in comp.

It would play as an aggressive LoA list, with the Infernal and hobgoblin block supported by two seige giants, who with the lore metal, can become extremely well armored anvil detachment.

The other section of the force would be the bullcentaurs with Taur’ruk as a hammer supported by the irondemon, with a khan to chaff for those units.

Infernal Guards+hobgoblins can shoot down monsters since they only have a few wounds that you need to deal with and they are usually not well armored.

Irondemon shoots down solo heroes/monsters/monsterous calv/and monsterous infantry

You would start with a very high amount of VP, and you should be able to crush your opponents. The more I think about the army, the more I kind of want to run it in my uncomped environment xD. The biggest problem with giants is balisitic skill shooting destroying them, well now they got a decent armor save which you can boost to a 1+ with lore of metal. You would not have to worry to much about an absurd amount of cannons also due to comp penalties that they impose making the giants even better.

No one would ever be able to just castle against you because your comp modifier is so high.

TheLazySamurai:

Hi,

I don't know the Meta-Game in your country, so i give you only a pair of suggestions:

You could reduce the unit of 30 infernal guard to 28 and so you spare 5 comp points and you would not go to reduce the power of your units.

I think you are investing too much point in wm. I know that the our wm are very very strong, but in the Swedish system, generally, there are far fewer wm, because the wm are too expensive! (in comp points)

Finally, you haven't a unit to destroy the enemy in hand to hand (bull centaurs, k'daai fireborn/destroyer...)

Unzul
Thanks for the ideas. I was looking to hone the list versus wholesale changes. By cutting down the sword and board IG to 28 I have some extra points to get the mask of the furnace on the BSB and I can change one of my khans to a unit of 5 raiders. The wolf raiders are not ideal, but that saves another 4 comp points for a similar unit. 9 comp points in total saved (90 victory points)! I realize I don't really have a strong hammer unit, but my warmachines tend to thin down the scarier units coming at my line, so my anvils aren't as overwhelmed. Again, thanks for the tips and my 9 comp points.

The Lazy Samurai

TheLazySamurai:

The list is still extremely ideal as a gunline list. Honestly I would run the list that I posted to your other topic it clocks in at 18.9, and you could easily tweak it to be back to 19+ in comp.

It would play as an aggressive LoA list, with the Infernal and hobgoblin block supported by two seige giants, who with the lore metal, can become extremely well armored anvil detachment.

The other section of the force would be the bullcentaurs with Taur'ruk as a hammer supported by the irondemon, with a khan to chaff for those units.

Infernal Guards+hobgoblins can shoot down monsters since they only have a few wounds that you need to deal with and they are usually not well armored.

Irondemon shoots down solo heroes/monsters/monsterous calv/and monsterous infantry

You would start with a very high amount of VP, and you should be able to crush your opponents. The more I think about the army, the more I kind of want to run it in my uncomped environment xD. The biggest problem with giants is balisitic skill shooting destroying them, well now they got a decent armor save which you can boost to a 1+ with lore of metal. You would not have to worry to much about an absurd amount of cannons also due to comp penalties that they impose making the giants even better.

No one would ever be able to just castle against you because your comp modifier is so high.

sam585
You have created an amazing army for a comped system:cheers. I think your list would do well and it would be a ton of fun sense it's so mobile and hard hitting. The problem I have with the list is that I don't own most of those models x.x. My collection will be at 4000 points after I finish painting 20 more fireglaives, but I don't have centaurs, hobgoblin infantry or siege giants. Thanks for the army idea. I may expand further in the future.

The Lazy Samurai