[Archive] 2500 LoA list(1)

The Odor:

The Ironwalker Expedition "Burning Hammer"

Core
The Obsidian Shards
30 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
Hailshot Blunderbusses, Deathmask with Naptha Bomb, Musician and Standard Bearer with the Banner of Eternal Flame

Da�?T Lootaz
30 Hobgoblin Cutthroats
Musician, Standard Bearer and Bows  

Total: 749

Special:
The Hearth Guard
BsB and Sorcerer Prophet goes here
28 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Ironsworn
Full Command with Banner of Swiftness

Firebringer
Magma Cannon  
XXX

Doomhowler
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher  
XXX

Total: 761

Heroes:
Laub da�?T Headsmasha
Hobgoblin Khan
Potion of Strength, Light Armour, Shield, Giant Wolf

Thuran da�?T Preacha of Hashut
Hobgoblin Khan
The Terrifying Mask of EEE!, Shield, Giant Wolf, Spear  

Tharhak Ironwalker
Battle Standard Bearer
Infernal Castellan
BsB, Ironcurse Icon, the Mask of the Furnace, Great Weapon and Shield  

Bzaarch Ironwalker
Daemonsmith Sorcerer
Naptha Bomb, Dispell Scroll and Charmed Shield with the Lore of Fire

Total: 574

Lords:

Thazharr Ironwalker
General
Sorcerer Prophet
Additional Level, Blood of Hashut, Naptha Bombs, Scepter Of Stability, The Other Trickster Shard, Enchanted Shield and Talisman of Preservation with lore of Hashut  

Total: 415

I felt I should update my list as I have started tackling my Chaos Dwarf project in preperation for the new Dwarf book. Someone needs to provide a foil to all the new started armies (including my own), plus I am sick and tired of my WoC color scheme.

So I re-drafted my list and shrunk it down with hopes of using it in a campaign.
Thoughts or opinions?

(Oh and a destroyer is right out. The local meta really hates 'em and I don’t feel like converting a big monster anyways.)
Thoughts?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’d be nervous fielding 40% of your army as characters. Unless they had the killing power of a Greater Demon or something, that seems like too high a percentage to me.

The Odor:

I always seem to stumble into that trap… Who/what would you recommend dropping though? I am really not sure…

TheFNG:

So you’ll take some heat, I’m sure, because Ironsworn are not that cost effective. However! I believe that you can build a great points denial list with them. That said, I like your list. If I were you, I’d consider finding room for a second castellan though, so that both of your dwarf blocks are stubborn.

Bloodbeard:

Infernal Ironsworn - that’s pretty rare. But I think it’s awesome that you bring them to the battle, and in such great numbers. Looking forward to hearing how they work out! Give them the “razor banner” for the ultimate chop chop.

The Odor:

FNG: I see your point, BUT for that to fit into the hero slot I’d need to drop a Khan and if WoC taught me anything… Its that I can make my wardsaves… And that Chaff is useful.

Bloodbeard: I usually run them with Razor banner (even modelled it to have to cut off beards hanging from it) but since this will mostly be against Dwarves I felt the need to be able to get over to them instead of only having a shootout.

Time of Madness:

Eek, that’s a lot of points in characters.

Lists like this scare me a bit. You have a couple of solid blocks of infantry, but no real support (hammer) units.

A unit of fireborn/centaurs (or the hated destroyer) would go a long way in making this a more effective list.

Time of Madness

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve found the average returns provided in the magic phase to be the worst investment we can make. I’d definitely get rid of the Sorcerer and even consider dropping both your Dwarf blocks to 24 models each. That should free up some points to get something heavy-hitting in your list.

The Odor:

Retooled the list after your comments about the lack of a “hammer”:

The Obsidian Shards

30 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard

Hailshot Blunderbusses, Deathmask with Naptha Bomb, Musician and Standard Bearer with the Banner of Eternal Flame

Da�?T Lootaz

30 Hobgoblin Cutthroats

Musician, Standard Bearer and Bows

The Hearth Guard

BsB and Sorcerer Prophet goes here

23 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Ironsworn Full Command with Banner of Swiftness

The Elders

6 Bullcentaur Renders

Great Weapons, Standard Bearer and Musician

Firebringer

Magma Cannon

XXX

Doomhowler

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

XXX

Thuran da�?T Preacha of Hashut

Hobgoblin Khan

The Terrifying Mask of EEE!, Shield, Light armour, Giant Wolf, Spear

Battle Standard Bearer

Tharhak Ironwalker

Infernal Castellan

BsB, Ironcurse Icon, the Mask of the Furnace, Great Weapon and Shield

General

Thazharr Ironwalker

Sorcerer Prophet

Additional Level, Blood of Hashut, Naptha Bombs, Scepter Of Stability, The Other Trickster Shard, Enchanted Shield and Talisman of Preservation with lore of Hashut

Dropped a Khan, the Sorcerer and some Ironsworn in favor of 6 Bullcentaurs with GWs. The lack of a Scroll leaves me a bit shakey though.