[Archive] 2500 machisist list

Geist:

The great machinist list. I think this army will not only do great but also blow the mind of just about anyone you play against.

Lord Prophet

scroll, 4+ward, enchanted shield, potion of strength. This can be swaped out for any thing for 20 or 25pts.

BSB

dawnstone and tricksters helm. Idea is this is the most survivable bsb build I can think of currently.

46 warrios with fire glaives and ap banner, full command.

k’dai destoyer.

skull cracker with full upgrades.

skull cracker with full upgrades.

So the idea is very simple.

You run the k’dai out into middle of the field and he beats on whatever. The two skullcrackers run over everything else. Your lord and bsb walk behind and shoot the crap out of anything that survives.

Feed back?

Also anyone know any way to make good looking fireglaives that don’t cost 100US to the 10?

khedyarl:

36 pounds is only 56 dollars, not a hundred.

As for the list: With five placements, you’re going to be tremendously outmaneuvered. You literally have no way to deal with the opponent aside from a single level four wizard (whose lore you didn’t write down), aside from hoping to god that the Kdaii isn’t targetted by every spell/warmachine on the table. the second they hit a Skullcracker with even five silverhelms, you’ve lost 300+ points.

Dunnoh. It’s a eggs all in one basket list. If you want the Iron Daemon trample line, you’re probably going to have to drop the Glaives into HW/S Infernals (smaller unit, maybe some hobgoblins as chaff), get a third Iron Daemon (standard, use the cannon to take down monsters, steam tanks, etc while the other two are running straight foward).

But really at this point, you’re not going to make a lot of friends with a list like the one you have, or the one I suggested. It just isn’t fun to play against - not because its unbeatable, but because you’re not even really playing the game at that point. You’re pushing models straight forward until the game ends, no thought, no process.

Geist:

After tinkering the list has been reworked and the models are inbound so soon it shall be real.
The new glory, of the obsidian guard.

Lvl4 Hashut
enchanted shield, dispel scroll, 4+ward ironcross icon, blood of hashut

Bsb
tricksters helm, dawnstone

x4 hobgoblin khans on wolves with light armour and spear

36 ironguard with blunderbuss full command and flaming banner

x2 magma cannons no upgrades

x2 skullcrackers with full upgrades.

Yes I know the entire cav problem, but with that many re directors out there and the ashstorm spell.  I think I will be ok.  Ogres will hate going against me, brets will be a pain, but good news there arent many here.  Anywho this is the new list tear it up.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I see no reason why Ogres won’t walk over this army actually. And as soon as your BSB dies, your big block of dwarves are going to disappear. I think I’d change out your BSBs gear to make him more resiliant!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Grimbold Blackhammer

rpitts2004:

This list might as well just give up against ogres, once your skullcrackers get into combat (pray you get the charge) You will sit there and hit with three str 3 attacks… Just remember as Monstrorus infantry you do not get thunderstomp against them.

Chico:

Anyone using LoS will eat your force, Pit of Shades the Skullcrackers/big block. I’d run MotF on your BSB too for a 2+ save (With shield/armour) and 4+ ward.

Geist:

I see no reason why Ogres won't walk over this army actually.  And as soon as your BSB dies, your big block of dwarves are going to disappear.  I think I'd change out your BSBs gear to make him more resiliant!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
How do I make him more resilient? 2+ save where he makes anyone wounding him reroll to wound rolls that succeed, then he gets to reroll his failed armour saves. Add to that hes tough 5, that's a fairly hard nut to crack. What in your mind is tougher than that?

Geist:

Anyone using LoS will eat your force, Pit of Shades the Skullcrackers/big block. I'd run MotF on your BSB too for a 2+ save (With shield/armour) and 4+ ward.

Chico
Humm anyone on this forum has to worrie about pit of shades.  There is no such thing as a chaos dwarf army that does not worrie about pit.

Geist:

This list might as well just give up against ogres, once your skullcrackers get into combat (pray you get the charge) You will sit there and hit with three str 3 attacks...  Just remember as Monstrorus infantry you do not get thunderstomp against them.

rpitts2004
Give up against ogres? Really?
With 4 units to block moves and realign charges?
Ash storm to hopefully hold a unit in place a turn?
Magma cannons doing d3 wounds to ogre blocks.
Blunderbusses getting to reroll failed wounds.
Yes the skullcrackers get locked in after the charge if they get the charge. Which if you look at what I have should be possible. But if I get even half way lucky with my impact hits the ogres should either be all dead or taken so many wounds they break.

If you think this list should just give up against ogres then what is your suggestion? Instead of just being critical give actual feed back. What change would you make?

Geist:

All of you who say this wont work lets see some suggestions instead of nothing but negativity. I have not seen a single suggestion from anyone in this thread with anything other than just oh that wont work oh dont even try. Give me your suggestions temper your nay saying with ideas to counter the problems. Any fool in a crowd can toss rotten tomatoes, only a handful can step forward with actual suggestions that help instead of add to the problem.

rpitts2004:

Well are you tailoring this list to just fight ogres? Or are you planning on doing this for a tournament?

Chico:

Anyone using LoS will eat your force, Pit of Shades the Skullcrackers/big block. I'd run MotF on your BSB too for a 2+ save (With shield/armour) and 4+ ward.

Chico
Humm anyone on this forum has to worrie about pit of shades.  There is no such thing as a chaos dwarf army that does not worrie about pit.

Geist
All of you who say this wont work lets see some suggestions instead of nothing but negativity.  I have not seen a single suggestion from anyone in this thread with anything other than just oh that wont work oh dont even try.  Give me your suggestions temper your nay saying with ideas to counter the problems.  Any fool in a crowd can toss rotten tomatoes, only a handful can step forward with actual suggestions that help instead of add to the problem.

Geist
Heh you asked for feedback and people gave it, just because everyone isn't saying '' wow you have a wonderful and perfect list'' doesn't make it any less actual feedback. And i think your find i gave you a suggestion about your bsb so saying theres not a single suggestion is just a wee bit wrong.

And has for the PoS remark, some builds survive it better then others im just sayings yours will be even more prone to it.

Just my oppinion though.

-
Chico

Geist:

Well are you tailoring this list to just fight ogres? Or are you planning on doing this for a tournament?

rpitts2004
Tourny play. I dont build custom list all my list are all comers.

Geist:

Chico

Geist
All of you who say this wont work lets see some suggestions instead of nothing but negativity.  I have not seen a single suggestion from anyone in this thread with anything other than just oh that wont work oh dont even try.  Give me your suggestions temper your nay saying with ideas to counter the problems.  Any fool in a crowd can toss rotten tomatoes, only a handful can step forward with actual suggestions that help instead of add to the problem.

Geist
Heh you asked for feedback and people gave it, just because everyone isn't saying '' wow you have a wonderful and perfect list'' doesn't make it any less actual feedback.  And i think your find i gave you a suggestion about your bsb so saying theres not a single suggestion is just a wee bit wrong.

And has for the PoS remark, some builds survive it better then others im just sayings yours will be even more prone to it.

Just my oppinion though.

-
Chico

Chico
Just how in the world can you actually say that some builds are better against PoS than others in regards to Chaos Dwarfs? You have at most 2 unit types that have initiative not dwarf.
Kadi of any sort.
Goblins of any sort.

So your PoS build will be no chaos dwarfs no warmachines and all goblins and kadi?

As to feed back, as I stated earlier I want constructive feed back not just pure negative with few if any actual suggestions. Just blindly saying oh it will die to this or that and oh yah make your BSB tougher, with out actually suggesting anything is not feed back. Before you rule this all out let me address the one piece of actual feed back with the most simple suggestion of all.

Mask of the Furnace for my bsb. Wow thats pure genius why didn't I think of that? Oh wait I did and I still think its not as good as my current setup. But once again was any suggestion as to why mask was better offered? NO, was a break down of any sort offered to explain why that makes him tougher? NO. So I must read your minds to figure out why this suggestion is better. You wonder why I reply with much sarcasm, you shouldn't. Lastly so my point is taken half serious lets do some math shall we?

Which survives better the 2+ 4++ or the 2+ reroll with reroll wounds?

From the side of strength values of 1-5 the latter half combo is far better. The 6-10 range not so much. Then the 2+ 4++ becomes the better choice. Wow look some supporting arguments for a choice wow something I have said at least once would be nice instead of just pure negativity with zero creativity. Now since most attacks live in the 1-5 range for almost all situations the 2+ reroll reroll wounds will be very good. Once I get into the range of oh lets say elves with great weapons or crox's with great weapons. Then I need to worrie. So yes I admit the 2+ 4++ is far and away better when facing units that should be dead already due to hailshot, magma or giant trains running them into the ground.

Next time a person ask for advice give more than just say this is better and then leave it at that. A reason with out a supporting body of evidence is no longer reason, its personal choice which is subjective and not logical.

Chico:

Just how in the world can you actually say that some builds are better against PoS than others in regards to Chaos Dwarfs?  You have at most 2 unit types that have initiative not dwarf.
Kadi of any sort.
Goblins of any sort.

So your PoS build will be no chaos dwarfs no warmachines and all goblins and kadi?

Geist
Whoa calm down and take a breath, better now?

Right as stated before you asked for feedback, if you didn't like the replys then so be it.. no need to get offended :)

And yes certain builds do better against PoV, so not once did anyone say no CD's. But having 3 huge points sinks isn't that great.

Many smaller units/warmachines aka not putting all your eggs in one basket will do much better as at the very best he can cast PoS 6 times in a game so can't target everything.

So that's how certain builds can do better, i didn't once claim it would win or that i play that way myself.

CDO is a small forum my friend, it doesn't do to rant that much AND expect many to care to give advice.

Again just by opinion though,

Chico :)

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Sorry, I suppose I was not clear enough in my initial post. I’d make the Battle Standard Bearer more survivable by giving him the Mask of the Furnace and a Luckstone. I think you’d have better odds surviving that way (but then I play assuming my opponent will bring the Lore of Death…).

Against Ogres; I assume a standard build for Ogres includes two Ironblasters and four diverters in the form of tiny Gnoblar units or, worse, Sabertusks. You should lose one or two War Machines per phase from the cannons. How I’d do it is to shoot through the machine at the Engineer - just in case I don’t kill the machine on the first try, I’d likely kill it on the second when the Infernal Engineer makes his Look Out, Sir! roll. I’d also deploy my ogre units one-wide until most of your Magma Cannons are gone to minimize damage. The K’daii can be dealt with using diverters (they can field a lot more than we can unfortunately) and a Gut-star out-ranks any block we can field. If you can make it work, let us know how it goes. But I think Ogres would be your toughest matchup. Not your easiest.

Grimbold Blackhammer

nilbog:

Lvl4 Hashut
enchanted shield, dispel scroll, 4+ward ironcross icon, blood of hashut

No problems there

Bsb
tricksters helm, dawnstone

Interesting. Never seen this used. Add a shield to get the AS up to 2+

x4 hobgoblin khans on wolves with light armour and spear

Too many! Drop two and get a daemonsmith instead

36 ironguard with blunderbuss full command and flaming banner

Why the flaming banner? Against monsters with regen they're not going to do much anyway, plus you've got two magma cannons already, and you're just asking to be stuck fighting a dragonhelm character

x2 magma cannons no upgrades

fine here, though you might want to swap one for a deathshrieker (I run two magma cannons, but my meta could be different from yours)

x2 skullcrackers with full upgrades.

I'd drop one and get a destroyer

GeistYou've only got 5 deployment drops and the army will be well outnumbered by just about everybody. I'd considergetting another small unit in there if you can, maybe hobgoblins or bull centaurs, just to give you a bit more breating space.

gashnag:

Also anyone know any way to make good looking fireglaives that don't cost 100US to the 10?

Geist
I used Dwarf Thunderers the box comes with 4 GW per sprue cut the axe head off along with a bit of the handgun barrel pin together the axe head to the handgun and there you have it a unit of 16 fireglaives for $35

Marduk:

Also anyone know any way to make good looking fireglaives that don't cost 100US to the 10?

Geist
I used Dwarf Thunderers the box comes with 4 GW per sprue cut the axe head off along with a bit of the handgun barrel pin together the axe head to the handgun and there you have it a unit of 16 fireglaives for $35

gashnag
I had thought of doing this with Dwarf Thunderers and halberd heads from Bretonnian Men-at-arms but this idea sounds good too. Thanks for the idea.

Samanos:

I do not know your meta but i would suggest that you drop the skullcracker as an option completely.

use an iron demon instead and a destroyer. the iron demon will decimate even ogres with its shooting (you dont need me to tell you what the output will be if you combine it with 2 magma cannon), and the destroyer is not only a beast but also will attract cannonfire away from your machines. I’d give hellbound to the iron demon for the ocasional ethereal that will attempt to stick to him.

I would also change hashut. Just the ash storm and/or flames of asgoth do not worth the lore imo. I would use any of the other three. fire for fireball/cage/flaming sword/ metal for transmutation/the +1 to hit spell and all the armour hexes/ death for everything.

I also agree with nilbog that you need a demonsmith.

hope i helped.