I will field my CD in another tournament next month and here ist the actuall list. (work in progress)
the common restrictions:
here are thre restrictions:here is my list:
in general its:
- never generate more than 12 power dice
- generate max two power dice beside the 2d6 roll
- max 4 power dice to use for one spell (no limit for dispel dice Sad )
- you cant get more than +4 on casting lore of metal, life, heavens, death, shadows and light
- if you use a model with loremaster than you cant use the lore with another model (horrors or bound items dont count)
- not more than 80 models which are able to shoot. Single shot bolt throwers count as 5 Archers and other war machines as 10.
- max 3 templates incl. breath weapons and cannons
- not more than 45 models per unit
- 9-11 P. max 40 per unit
- 12-14 P. max 35 per unit
- 15-18 P. max 30 per unit
- 19-29 P. max 20 per unit
- 30-39 P. max 12 per unit
- 40 P. and more max 9 per unit
- no choice more then 3 times
- no power scroll, crown of command or the flying fortress
- no special Chars or Champs
- you get look out sir against the big spells like the dreaded 13th and stuff
that are the restricitions in general… but there are also specific terms for each race…
for CD they are as followed:
- a CD army has a “pool” which you can take 4 choices from: Iron Demon, Bale Taurus, K´daai Destroyer (counts twice), first template with S5, second template with S5 and so on, Bull Centaur Hero
- Magmacannon, Hellcannon and Mortar count as 15 Archers, throwing knifes on Hobgoblins count as 0,25 and IG with Blunderbusses as 1,5
- no chalice of blood and darkness, not more than one Iron Demon, K´daai Destroyer or Hellcannon
1 Lord: 565 Pts. 22.6%I made two games so far against empire (ah my old enemy ) an won both.
4 Heroes: 394 Pts. 15.7%
2 Core Units: 626 Pts. 25.0%
2 Elite Units: 385 Pts. 15.4%
2 Rare Units: 530 Pts. 21.2%
Sorcerer-Prophet, General, Level 4 Upgrade
+ Talisman of Preservation, Dispell Scroll
+ Lore of Death
- - - > 565 Points
+ The Mask of the Furnace
+ Battlestandard Bearer
- - - > 195 Points
+ Lore of Fire
- - - > 95 Points
+ Giant Wolf
- - - > 52 Points
+ Giant Wolf
- - - > 52 Points
2 Core Units
26 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Great Weapons, Musician, Standardbearer, Champion, Pistol
+ Banner of Eternal Flame
- - - > 434 Points
40 Hobgoblin Cutthroates, Shields, Musician, Standardbearer
- - - > 192 Points
2 Elite Units
Iron Daemon War Engine
- - - > 285 Points
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher
- - - > 100 Points
2 Rare Units
- - - > 325 Points
- - - > 205 Points
Total Points The Legion of Azgorh : 2500
The heros are very poor… but i needed to cut equip to get all the other stuff.
I thought about a Sorcerer on Lammasu… Because with two LD10 death mages you can rock the place. MR3 included. They have obliterated the empire troops with purple sun and stuff twice so far. Just sit around out of his line of sight and throw your evil spells at him. I would feel much safer with an erthing rod and the scroll up to the other mage.
Well i just miss a little magic wepon, a shield and the ironcurse icon on my BSB… But he had to despise them for the team.
The LV1 and the two Khans are missing all of their equipment. Well it would be cool to kit them out a little bit better, but they take it for the team also.
26 IG with GW and Flaming Banner. The main core unit in most of my lists, they have not been disapointing to me so far. The pistol is just for filling troop points.
The Hobgoblins are my problem… It´s hard to keep them in LD range of the general, when flying around with him. Alternatively i just could run the lv1 mage as the general.
The rest of the army is very self-explanatory. Destroyer, Iron Demon, Rocket, Hellcannon.
The tournament is played with the category system for line of sight i guess… So the Khans should be hidden behind the other units until their sacrifice is needed. I have no need to run towards my enemy just some tactical use of the Iron Demon. The Destroyer and the Lammasu rider should head out to do damage, the rest is supposed to guard the warmachines. I am also looking for a lot of terrain to hide my Lammasu. In case of missing chaff i have to stay back as far as possible. Against a knight- and demigryphsheavy army with steam tank and stuff, i managed to win twice.
so your thoughts please
and a question at the end: On what basesize do you use your Lammasu? Mine is an old one on a 50x50 base. The “restriction FAQ” says it should be used on a 100x150 base i guess. My intention was to put him on the same base as the HPA is, just because it feels fair to me.