[Archive] 2500 Tournament, help needed!

Mrowa:

Greetings!

In a week im going to participate in 2,500 pt tournament. There’s not much of limits. Just no EoT special characters and max of 3 same warmachines…

As far I know there will be Orc and Goblins, Bretonnians, Beastmen and Dark Elves…

Unfortunately I’ve got problem with my armylist because I am not experienced enough to make “universal” one. I must admit my motivation is just getting 1-2 wins and no any 0:20.

There’s list of ‘battle ready’ models I can field:

- Lord on Lammasu or Bale/Great Taurus

- 2 Magmas

- 2 Deathshrikkers (I think about land 3 magmas so one will be used as proxy)

- K’daai Destroyer

- ~36 Infernal Guards + 2 FCGs

- 64 Hobgobs

- 2 Khans

- 10 FCG Hob Riders

- Tauruk + 3 Renders

- BSB, 3 foot mages

1 Drazhaoth the Ashen, Prophet of Hashut @ 570.0 Pts

General; Lore of Hashut; Magic Level 4; Blackshard Armour

#Hellshard Amulet (Talisman) [0.0]

#Daemonspite Crucible (Arcane) [0.0]

#The Graven Sceptre (Magic Weapon) [0.0]

1 Cinderbreath @ [0.0] Pts

1 K’daai Destroyer @ 325.0 Pts

5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders @ 80.0 Pts

Bow; Light Armour; Standard

5 Giant Wolf @ [0.0] Pts

1 Hobgoblin Khan @ 85.0 Pts

Spear; Throwing Knives; Light Armour; Shield

Ruby Ring of Ruin [0.0] Pts

1 Dark Castellan @ 205.0 Pts

Great Weapon; Blackshard Armour; Battle Standard

The Mask of the Furnace [65.0]

Luckstone [5.0]

28 Chaos Dwarf Inferal Guard @ 415.0 Pts

Blackshard Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

War Banner [35.0]

1 Overseer @ [0.0] Pts

1 Magma Cannon @ 145.0 Pts

3 Chaos Dwarf Crew @ [0.0] Pts

1 Magma Cannon @ 145.0 Pts

3 Chaos Dwarf Crew @ [0.0] Pts

1 Daemonsmith Sorcerer @ 165.0 Pts

Lore of Fire; Magic Level 2; Ensorcelled Hand Weapons; Blackshard Armour

Enchanted Shield [5.0]

Talisman of Endurance

TheHoodedMan:

I really think you can make the list more effective with some minor changes.
Drazhoath is great, especially the breath weapon of cinderbreath.

The demonsmith should be only lvl1, lvl 2 brings nearly nothing. IF you take a shield take a charmed one to save him from one cannon shot or something like that but most people will go for other targets and hes got "look out sir!" through the war machines.<br>No talisman of endurance for the same reason.<br>Take a dispel scroll instead.<br>Lore of fire is ok, but lore of metal is great against heavy cavalry (but not so useful against orcs probably).<br><br>BSB is ok.<br><br>Infernal guard: Razor Banner is great with only S4 against Brets and Dark Elves.<br><br>I would change at least one, maybe two of the Magmas into Rocket Launchers. The doom rocket is an imminent threat against single models, orc warmachines/ bret trebuchets, dragon riders, strong beastmen individuals, chariots a.s.o. and there are lots of targets for the big template as well (witches/ orcs/ beastmen blocks).<br>And you can save points for example for a second Khan on wolf or more rank and file (take maximum infernal guard to keep the points).<br>I wouldnt give the Khans any equipment :slight_smile: besides their riding beasts.

sam585:

After playing legion of azgorh for a while, and trying out a bunch of lists, this is what you generally need to have at the foundation of your force, after this you can put in whatever else to suit your playstyle:

1- You need strong magic, and unfortunately hashut is not strong enough due to the odd sesign of the lore. Take Death magic on your level 4, he is a threat and can pop a dispell scroll likely turn 1, and all of his spells can have big effects on the game, mainly soul blight to win combat, doom and darkness to cause fleeing units to flee off the table, spirit leech and fate to weaken characters, etc.

2- You need a bsb that can survive, he needs to have a 2+ armor, and a 4++ ward due to how crucial he is to our army.

3- You need an anvil that can also kill other anvils, or fight deathstars. Infernal guard with hand weapons and shields, 38 with fcmd and razor standard here. 38 seems like alot, but at that size they can hold up things for most the game, and you do not need fear them being reduced to a bad size for the likes of a gutstar charge, or a Bret Lance to the face.

4- you need chaff, 2 hobgoblin khans with shields and light armor, one with the fear causing sword for dealing with etherals. Also a sacrificial unit of 20 hobgoblins, but naked for holding up and redirecting certain foes.

After you include those elements you should have 1291 points left to play with. If you are experince with legion of azgorh, you can really make anything work. If you are unexperinced take guns.

MadHatter:

Lore of Hashut not strong enough?!

Ashstorm is the best spell in the game. Burning Wrath is fantasticly powerful on a flying character. Death is ofc a great alternative but many armies are utterly crippled by Hashut.

If you want to win you should bring dual hellcannons with a Daemonsmith babysitter.

sam585:

Hashut only has that one spell, Ashstorm to be feared. Ashstorm does not help you get points, and at most is just another way to slow down your opponent. Death has the potential to get you points by killing off characters, killing off solo monsters, destroying large low inititative units, swinging combats with soulblight, and has a great synergy with our LD test causing warmachines with doom and darkness. You could argue that Flames of Azgorh is strong too, and it is, but the lore is at its core pretty mindless and you pretty much NEED to get ashstorm for the lore to be worthwhile, which is not guaranteed.

TheHoodedMan:

That`s a discussion for itself.

Death is a very good choice, but often chars are in a deathstar with magic resistance.

I had metal some times on the prophet, and thats not bad for a gunline army to strengthen own armor and to hit rolls (archers). There are some offensively powerful spells as well, especially against infantry.

It is good on a walking prophet if his unit marches forward or on a mounted prophet.

For Hashut you really need a flying mount but it is powerful as well. Ashstorm is the killer spell, but Curse of Hashut, Burning Wrath, Breath of Hatred and Flames of Azgorh are good as well and one of these will come through nearly every turn. Drazhoath has +1 casting total as well (correct?), which helps at this.

Many generals, many opinions :hat off. I love this, guys.