[Archive] 2500pts Indy List

saurus:

Yep!

No.1 - Make sure you clearly state what kind of characters you are running, aka: ‘Khazalith the Summoner, Daemonsmith.’ Makes things a lot easier to grasp.

Lords

Kodiz, Overlord of the Gorgoth

-Hellblade, Enchanted shield, Talisman of protection, potion of speed, riding Fiend his trusty Great Taurus

What exactly are you planning to do with this guy, all I can see happening is him getting killed. The lord requires a better ward save then 6+. Do not underestimate the awesomeness of Hell Armour

Heroes

Azim the Great

-shield, black banner of zharr Naggarund

Isnt this dude your bsb, he will be pretty easy to kill in hth, and hence the effects of the banner will be negated. He is no where near tough enough. A bsb and general need survivability as they provde an army with a lot of benefits. I would give your bsb a great weapon, the armour of gazrakh and either a potion of toughness or the flaming hits banner. Otherwise he will die.

Zaraman the Deamon Binder

-Hexacon of Hashut, Shield

Khazalith the Summoner

-shield, Black Gem of Narg

I take both these characters are daemonsmiths, these dudes can have a much better setup. One should have a dispel scroll, and drop the black gem, good only on a footsloggin sorceror lord. Helm of Azgorth is beyond awesome, it is almost a must have. Do not forget about the common magic items too, there are some rippers in there!

Morgok Hellspawn

special characters, yuk!

Core

The Immortal Guard -25x CD warriors, FC, GWs, banner of deamonic winds, eruption gun

drop the banner of daemonic tides and either give the unit flaming attacks or make them cause terror.

The blackfire Contingent-20x CD Annihilators, FC

20 can work but I usually run them a bit smaller like 16 or 17.

Special

Babelazar-Deathrocket

Akarazabel-Deathrocket

Da Pig Stikkas-2x hobgob bolt throwers

these look good

Da sneaky Killaz-15x Sneaky Gitz, FC

Da Shadow Ninjaz-20x Sneaky Gitz, FC

I do not rate sneaky gits. Far too expensive for what they do, and your units here are too small for any effectiveness. What exactly will these guys achieve. Would rather run units of 50 rabble instead.

Rare

The Infernal Puppets-3x Inferno Golems, Face of Hashut, Construct weapon

Would run with six of these in 1 unit, absolutely brutal. Would give one of them a breath weapon. I would also try and fit an earthshaker in as well.

klemanius:

Yeah good point on the characters! Woops!

On the overlord he is meant to have the talisman of preservation not protection, so 4+ instead of 6+.  With two breath attacks (one from the taurus and one from the Hellblade heshould be able to mess up a unit and the consept is he suports the sneaky gitz as he can get into combat by turn 2.

Its pretty impossible to kill the BSB as he his safely hidden in the warrior unit, along with at least 1 of the deamonsmiths the one with the gem. This way if a challenge is issued the Gem smith takes the challenge and shuts it down while the unit goes to work and the unit champion can take any subsequent challenges in later turns.
Good point on the banner, ill definitely think about it.

Also I’m fairly certain that Deamonsmiths are not wizards and thus can’t take arcane items otherwise I’d sneak in another scroll.  Also the bsb can’t take magic items if he has a magic banner.

The sneaky gitz both scout onto the table supported by Morgok in the enemies deployment zone and proceed to march block the nearest unit and charge in the next turn.  the idea is that if they get the charge off they will get a flank and rear charge or at worst a flank charge. Morgoks movement heavy magic should assist them in this.
Even if they fail big time they will still break up the enemies deployment nicely and hopefully give me time to close on his battle line.

I thought about upping the Golems but that would take me well above 2500 and their numbers should be sufficient to handle trolls/chaos trolls and free up the annihilators to tackle what their designed for (cos you know his unit of monstrous inf will be deployed across from them, and this way they can escape and tackle some ranked inf)

richard barby:

i play the d smiths as wizards and have not been pulled up on it they use magic after all give one the scroll and one the helm. as the hexigon is a gneral item you can put it on anyone else this shuts down a lot of magic. i often put it on a bsb poor form not to give him a magic banner

golems as many as you can 4 or more. if magic wise you take the lose on metal and get scaly skin giving them a 1+ save there brilliant try hurting that black guard

wolf riders are still an option hunt war machines or chasing broken units still a good plan

saurus:

Yeah good point on the characters! Woops!

On the overlord he is meant to have the talisman of preservation not protection, so 4+ instead of 6+.  With two breath attacks (one from the taurus and one from the Hellblade heshould be able to mess up a unit and the consept is he suports the sneaky gitz as he can get into combat by turn 2.

Its pretty impossible to kill the BSB as he his safely hidden in the warrior unit, along with at least 1 of the deamonsmiths the one with the gem. This way if a challenge is issued the Gem smith takes the challenge and shuts it down while the unit goes to work and the unit champion can take any subsequent challenges in later turns.
Good point on the banner, ill definitely think about it.

Also I'm fairly certain that Deamonsmiths are not wizards and thus can't take arcane items otherwise I'd sneak in another scroll.  Also the bsb can't take magic items if he has a magic banner.

The sneaky gitz both scout onto the table supported by Morgok in the enemies deployment zone and proceed to march block the nearest unit and charge in the next turn.  the idea is that if they get the charge off they will get a flank and rear charge or at worst a flank charge. Morgoks movement heavy magic should assist them in this.
Even if they fail big time they will still break up the enemies deployment nicely and hopefully give me time to close on his battle line.

I thought about upping the Golems but that would take me well above 2500 and their numbers should be sufficient to handle trolls/chaos trolls and free up the annihilators to tackle what their designed for (cos you know his unit of monstrous inf will be deployed across from them, and this way they can escape and tackle some ranked inf)

klemanius
My bad on the talisman of preservation on the Taurus Lord, it's a new one so I got it mixed up. :hat off Well that setup is much better, and pretty rockin IMO. Yeah I agree the two breath attacks are brutal, what you have is an ace way to run it!

With regards to the bsb you will be suprised. For example a good player will kill him with super tough infantry (ogres, khorne juggernoughts) or just magic zap him with spells that snipe. I see what you are trying to do with the daemon smith and black Gem, but that will only work for one round, and even then there are ways around it. But if it works for you then do it! :)

Daemonsmiths count as level 1 wizards but do not generate spells. They can have arcane items, however each wizard is limited to one scroll.

Dont forget you only march block someone if they fail a LD test, otherwise they move normally. Even with a special character I find sneaky gits too expensive and will just bounce against infantry units. Your unit sizes are only 15 and 20, so it is likely they will be stubborn, even if you get a flank charge with those extra attacks. If you can work them in combination with the Taurus Lord it might work, but then you have nothing to take out enemy war machines which will kill the taurus if you are not careful. I still do not rate sneaky gits, but let me know how you go with them, I am interested to see how they fare.

I agree with Barby, wolfriders would be useful in this list.

Good Luck dude! Let me know how your gaming goes! :cheers

klemanius:

Lords
Kodiz, Overlord of Gorgoth
Overlord (General)-Hellblade, Enchanted shield, Talisman of preservation, potion of speed, riding Fiend his trusty Great Taurus

Heroes
Azim the Great
Slavemaster (Battle Standard)-shield, black banner of zharr Naggarund

Zaraman the Deamon Binder
Deamonsmith -Hexacon of Hashut, Shield

Khazalith the Summoner
Deamonsmith -shield, Black Gem of Narg

Morgok Hellspawn

Core
The Immortal Guard -25x CD warriors, FC, GWs, banner of daemonic winds, eruption gun
The Blackfire Contingent-20x CD Annihilators, FC

Special
Babelazar-Deathrocket
Akarazabel-Deathrocket
Da Pig Stikkas-2x hobgob spear chukkas
Da sneaky Killaz-15x Sneaky Gitz, FC
Da Shadow Ninjaz-20x Sneaky Gitz, FC

Rare
The Infernal Puppets-3x Inferno Golems, Face of Hashut, Construct weapon

Thoughts?

Edit:Fixed the character names and the talisman!