[Archive] 2k AOS Chaos Dwarf List

ross_lionheart:

This is my first attempt at a 2000 point age of sigmar chaos dwarf army. I’m still torn between using shar’tor the executioner and drazhoath the ashen, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Shar’tor the executioner @ 240 points

w/ Darktide Axe

Infernal Guard Castellan @ 120 Points

w/ Darkforge Great Weapon

General

Bull Centuar Taur’uk @ 180 Points

Daemonsmith @ 100 Points

w/ Darkforge Weapons

Babysits the 3 war machines

20 Infernal Guard Ironsworn @ 200 Points

w/ FCMD

20 Infernal Guard Fireglaves @ 200 Points

w/ FCMD

6 Bull Centaur Renders @ 320 Points

w/ Scalding Great Weapons

6 k’daai Fireborn @ 200 Points

1 Deathshriker Rocket Launchers @ 120 Points

2 Magma Cannons @ 280 Points

Total: 1960

Bloodbeard:

Can’t give you advice. Bit if you have that painted up, claim your 2000p army medal!

ross_lionheart:

Does anyone else play aos??

Malorndk:

Yeah some members do. I believe Thommy H do, as well as some other.

We are in weird stage, as 9th Age, KoW, 8th Ed. WFB and AoS are all being played by different members of the forum.

Bloodbeard:

Does anyone else play aos??

ross_lionheart
Thommy H, Timothy Archer, Skink (I think was talking of rebasing to AoS) and a member with a purple paint scheme (don't remember the user name).

TheHoodedMan:

There are some members, just look a few threads down in the Army Lists section. I dont play AoS at the moment but built some lists (without points though). <br>How much points is Drazhoath? <br>He is incredibly powerful, can cast TWO Spells and has a save which can backfire on the opponent. And most important: He can fly. <br>So it would be gameswise a good addition to the army.<br><br>(On the other side Shartor fits exceptionally well with the Bull Centaurs).

Thommy H:

What about Artefacts and Command Traits? The GHB errata means you can take the Chaos allegiance abilities even if your army has Legion of Azgorh allegiance (which you need to make the Infernal Guard battleline). In fact, you don’t have enough battleline anyway, so split one of those IG units!

If you take a battalion you get access to another artefact too, so it’s always worth doing that if you have the models. Opens up a few more options, perhaps.

Skink:

Shar’tor is a glass cannon. You want him to be with the centaurs. Any decent shooting army is going to either kill or seriously cripple him in one volley. On the other hand, if he gets into combat, he should be able to fare decently against both monsters & infantry units. Still, at 2000 points I wouldn’t bring him.

Keep the K’daais for summoning, or drop them althogether! And yes, you WANT Drazoath. Aside the fact that the actual model looks amazing, he is a jack-of-all trays and a very powerful all-around model.

All in all I would drop the K’daais & Shar’tor and field Drazoath, then try to either fit an Iron Daemon (if I am not mistaken you still have space for a behemot right?) or an extra Taur’ruk. Especially the latter is a very cost-effective character! In fact, if you don’t mind the cheese, Drazoath, Taur’ruks, Fireglaives, & Centaurs are a nightmare to face.

ross_lionheart:

Just an update on my 2000 point list. Dropped shar’tor in exchange for another tauruk and beefed up the battle line units. I need to buyour a few models so all feedback would be appreciated!

Infernal Guard Castellan @ 120 Points

General

2x Bull Centuar Taur’uk @ 360 Points

Daemonsmith @ 100 Points

w/ Darkforge Weapons

Babysits the war machines

20 Infernal Guard Ironsworn @ 200 Points

w/ FCMD

2x 19 Fireglavespecially @ 280 points

W/fcmd

2x 3 Bull Centaur Renders @ 320 Points

w/ Scalding Great Weapons

6 k’daai Fireborn @ 200

2 Magma Cannons @ 280 Points

Total: 2000

TheHoodedMan:

The fireglaives points in your list are not right. That are 400 pts for 2 x 19 (hopte thats right). Then your list is at 1980 pts.

From my games until now I would say it is pretty effective.

Shrieker or magma cannon is a little dependent on terrain and mission.

The renders and Tauruks are very mobile and together very hard hitting units.

I like the setup.

(and don`t forget to put them on rectangular bases so that you can also play T9A or KoW with the models ;))

moogoodoo:

This is my 2k list and it works well

Drazhoath the ashen

Infernal castellan

Daemonsmith

Bull centaur Taur’uk

180 :- (If chosen as the general use the comand trait and magic item from chaos )

Infernal guard ironsworn 2�-10

Infernal guard fireglaives 1�-10

3 bull centaurs

6 k’daai fireborn

Deathshreeker rocket

Hell cannon

Magma cannon

Total 2000

Black_Fortress_Immortal:

ALLEGIANCE: Chaos/Legion of Azgorh

LEADERS

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)