[Archive] 2k CD's The Throng of Marglom

Creepy Dwarf:

Started converting some BFSP dwarfs into Chaos Dwarfs and couldn’t beleive how easy it was! I plan to shave off the heads of beastemen and use some on a couple of cd’s, anyway on with my list:

Mortmordre the Torturer, Slavelord of Marglom

Chaos Dwarf Lord - 213

Black Hammer of Hashut

Armour of the Furnace

Shield

Tauron the Daemonkin, Overseer of the Marglom Pits

Chaos Dwarf Hero - 135

Battle Standard Bearer

Sword of Might

Armour of Gazrahk

Orberus the Black, Engineer of Marglom

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - 115

2 Dispel Scrolls

Vaniros the Grey, Engineer of Marglom

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer - 115

2 Dispel Scrolls

Mortmodre’s Iron Guard

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 201

Full Command

Shields

The Daemonkin

19 Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 251

Full Command

Shields

Banner of Slavery (to help my Hobgoblin screens stay where they are)

The Enginseers of Morglom

17 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussers - 204

The Enslavers of Morglom

17 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussers - 204

The Slaves of Morglom

2 x 10 Hobgoblins - 40

(i plan to use these as two quite effective screens for my CD units, they should both be within 12" of both my general and the banner of slavery meaning they are re-rolling on a 10+ for fear ect)

The Slavebeasts of Morglom

2 x 10 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders - 220

(march blocking an being a nuicanse)

The Arasian Artillery - 60

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

The Arasian Gaurd - 22

11 Hobgoblin

(depending on what my enemy has, these can either screen the war machines when an enemy unit gets close (deflecting the charge ect) or slaps along with the army being annoying for 22pts!)

The Siegebreakers of Morglum

2 Earthshaker’s - 220

I quite like this list, no blorcs but they tend to attract A LOT of missile attention and so rarely make it into combat with sufficient enough numbers. What do you think?

Uzkul Werit:

Black Orcs aren’t that important. A Chaos Dwarf Warrior is just as effective, aside in the Strength and Attacks department. The list itself is solid enough. I’d drop the Banner of Slavery for a War Banner though. True it helps keep those screens in place but with Leadership 10 they should be okay anyway. Then use the last few points to either get Musicians on the Wolfboyz or pump up the screening units.

Lava Lord:

Why the 17 Blunderbuss’s? Odd number, eh…

Vodevil:

I really questions the character choices. Two level Twos I don’t think are really worth it, and why the Lord? It’s a lot of points for a slow character.

The biggest problem though is speed, wolf riders and that is it. Chaos Dwarfs are even slower then regular Dwarfs PLUS you don’t have the long ranged punch of the regular Dawi. I can see this being a big problem against speedy lists like Brets and Wood Elfs. I would try to add some Bull Centaurs, otherwise you just have chunks of slow infantry that will be avoided or pounded with something that can easily break them.

Creepy Dwarf:

But thats the thing, dwarfes of most sorts are NOT easily broken, and to be honest a Bret player would have to engage something eventually and even then i doubt he will break me. Yes WE have more chance of out maneuvering me but remember i do have two earthshakers, and the h-goblin wolf riders to march block and slow them down, i do see BC’s as effective i just dont like the models. and although they are pretty cool rules they are a rare, if they were special then hell yeah i would take em but as rares i prefer earthshakers.

With the 17 blunderbussers they are joined by a wizard each to make 18

its two level 1’s, as scroll caddies, a fighty lord and a bsb, yeah i know he dont make it into combat much but he’s cheap and not THAT hard, also to let everyone know this is kindof tailored slightly to a tzeentch list a plan to play:

He takes like:

Lord with Staff of Cheating

2 Exalteds

2 Tuskgor Chariots

5 Chaos Knights

5 marauder horsemen

26 Chosen warriors of Tzeentch w 5+ ward banner

his list is tiny and pretty rubbish but he tends to kill everything with magic, so i took:

bolt throwers vs knights or warriors

earthshakers vs warriors or chariots

blunderbussers vs warriors

hobgobs screen from his magic

warriors and blunderbusser backpedal + shoot at him, when he engages hobgobs,

i reckon although he will magic me bad that i have a good chance of winning

cornixt:

Apart from the the extra sorcerer and expensive lord that I would get rid of, it is pretty good.

balck ork:

lol, that is what i use my black orcs for to attract missel fire

Vodevil:

But thats the thing, dwarfes of most sorts are NOT easily broken, and to be honest a Bret player would have to engage something eventually and even then i doubt he will break me. Yes WE have more chance of out maneuvering me but remember i do have two earthshakers, and the h-goblin wolf riders to march block and slow them down, i do see BC's as effective i just dont like the models. and although they are pretty cool rules they are a rare, if they were special then hell yeah i would take em but as rares i prefer earthshakers.

Creepy Dwarf
Whatever suits you... I just know I wouldn't leave home without the centaurs because I find a uber slow infantry army to be beaten by the people I play with pretty easily. If you can make it work then, my hat is off :hat off to you.