[Archive] 2k List against Dwarves

ross_lionheart:

:frowning: I’ll be entering a tournament in 3 weeks time and my first opponent will be 2250 worth of Dwarves.��I’ve never played Dwarves before but from what I gather they are hard as nails in close combat, have deadly long ranged weapons and have some serious resistance against magic.

My core units are on the small side because I cant afford to buy another 5 models per unit to bring the unit up to 24 each.��So im stuck with a unit of 19 w/ level 2 sorcerer and a unit of 20.��

I was orginally going to use a sorcerer lord but I decided not to, Instead I opted for a BC Lord fully equiped with Black Hammer and armour of Gazrakh.��I’ve included him in the Leadbelchers, with 5 S7 attacks and a Movement of 6 he should be able to get into close combat fairly quickly.

I’ve also opted to demote my Black Orcs to Big Un’s for the surpose of this game.��Freeing up 50 plus points allows me to bring the BC Lord to the table.��

Any tatics based on my list to defeat Dwarves will be welcome!

2000 Chaos Dwarf Army List:

Characters:

Chaos Dwarf Bull centaur Lord @ 245 Points

-Armour of the Gazrakh

-Black Hammer of Hashut

-Leads the unit of 4 Leadbelchers

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer w/ 2 Dispel Scroll (Level 2) @ 150 Points

1 Hobgoblin Hero on Wolf w/Sword Of Might and Armour, Heavy Armour and Enchated Shield @ 122 Points

Core Units:

19 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 201 Points

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion, Standard and musician

20 Chaos Dwarf warriors @ 202 Points

-��Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor and shields

- Champion & Standard

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 180 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

15 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @ 180 Points

- Blunderbusses

- Heavy Armor

11 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders @ 173 Points

- Light Armor

- Shields

- champion, standard and musician

Special Units:

1 Death Rocket @ 80 Points

-��2 Chaos Dwarf Crew members armed with hand weapons and heavy armour

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers @ 60 Points

- 4 hobgoblin crewmembers armed with hand weapons.

20 Orcs Big Un’s @248 Points

- Light Armour and 2 Choppas

- Champion, Standard and musician

Rare Units:

1 Earthshaker Cannon @110 Points

- 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew member armed with hand weapons and

heavy armor.

4 Leadbelchers @ 240 Points

- Leadbelcher cannon and light armour

- Thunderfist

- Bellower

Total Points:��2250

Xander:

I saw this list over on HoH, and after the corrections it’s a very solid list. It’s really a shame you can’t get more Warriors though…

hal:

You could just use unit fillers or put 3 guys on a 40x40mm base.

That would boost up your unit sizes.

wallacer:

For what it’s worth, at tournaments in my area 4 bolt throwers would tend to hurt soft scores.

Xander:

For what it's worth, at tournaments in my area 4 bolt throwers would tend to hurt soft scores.

wallacer
Soft scores?

Hashut’s Blessing:

I guess units of 20 fodder troops. But, that list looks quite solid. Although, I am not sure your BC should go with leadbelchers because their shooting is then null and void. Maybe ironguts/bulls/maneaters, but I think no to leadbelchers. Otherwise, good list!

ross_lionheart:

I guess units of 20 fodder troops. But, that list looks quite solid. Although, I am not sure your BC should go with leadbelchers because their shooting is then null and void. Maybe ironguts/bulls/maneaters, but I think no to leadbelchers. Otherwise, good list!

Hashut's Blessing
Where would be the best place to put my bc hero then?
If he acts as a lone character hes just going to be shot down.

metro_gnome:

wolfboyz…

ross_lionheart:

wolfboyz...

metro_gnome
Well I've already got my hobgoblin hero in the woldboys unit...

Father Grumpmas:

Soft scores?
These are non-battle points - composition, painting, sportsmanship.

As far as the list goes, I really don't recommend 4 leadbelchers. I ran a unit this size in my list for the New Zealand nationals in 2005 and they under-performed in almost every game. I replaced them with 4 ironguts and they have done much better.

I generally use them in concert with a small unit of Bull Centaurs, and the ST6 attacks are great at slicing through armour

wallacer:

For what it's worth, at tournaments in my area 4 bolt throwers would tend to hurt soft scores.

wallacer
Soft scores?

Xander
Soft scores are non-battle points, such as those awarded for painting, sportsmanship and army composition. In this case I was mostly thinking of Army Composition and Sportsmanship.

qwe50:

This army is just what i came for - it’s totaly difrent from mine and give me new inspiration.

Some things and a few proposels.

Leadbelchers are really bad don’t even think about taking them

use iron guts - or Bull centaurs they are quite good (and faster)

- I think u should get a BSB u have much inf so that would help

a good one is

Bull Centaur Hero BSB

Armour of gazarak, Sword of might are really good 175p

- I think blunder busses are a bit over rated i only use 10

- no War Banner ???

another idere for u Bull lord could be

Bull Centaur Lord

Sword of striking, Gaundlet of power

Armour of the furnace, Shield

Hit and wound 2+ / 2+ on all troops just don’t roll any 1’s, but the black hammer is good too (had a few treemen my self :-))

anyway i think u should use the Armour of the furnace for u lord to get the ward save.

hal:

I don’t think that a BC BSB is a very good idea as he would be too far away from other infantry.

A BSB is a good idea for the army though.

itcamefromthedeep:

You can put a BC BSB with infantry. There is nothing stopping it, and they cannot be singled out by shooters anymore. In fact, it is an increasingly common tactic. Why, I saw a Lizardman player field a mounted Scar-Veteran in a unit of Saurus (the fact that the single Cold One causes Fear stops the occasional charge).