[Archive] 2k Revised....yes already!

Dark Haven:

Here is my new, hopefully more balanced list that can still pack a punch. Any tips or criticisms would be great!

Hashut’s Immortals

Sorceror Lord “Kharnak Kahn” - 310

w/ Level 4, Black Gem of Gnar, Dispel Scroll, Power Stone

Sorceror “Thulsa Doom” - 150

w/ Level 2, Power Stone, Dispel Scroll

Chaos Dwarf Hero “Ishkur Zabrak” - 111

w/ Black Hammer of Hashut, Shield, Heavy Armor

Bull Centaur Hero “Erebus Gnar” - 154

w/ Great Axe, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk, Armor of Gazrakh

18x Blunderbusses - 216

23x Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 237

w/ Full Command

23x Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 237

w/ Full Command

10x Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 110

w/ Great Weapons

10x Chaos Dwarf Warriors - 110

w/ Great Weapons

20x Hobgoblins - 40

20x Hobgoblins - 40

17x Hobgoblins - 36

Death Rocket - 80

Earth Shaker - 110

2x Bolt Throwers - 60

Total: 1999

Power: 8

Dispel: 5

Number: 155

comments please!

regards,

Dark Haven

Tallhat:

laughs Thulsa Doom :slight_smile: Someone is a Conan fan.

I see no real problems with this list. In fact the BC is the very same one I use to great effect. Just the other day he took out a blorc regiment on his own (admitted I was very luck)

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

Well, its a badass evil name. How else do you describe CD?

The books are hilarious. Go R. Jordan!

Thanks, I wanted to make an all takers list that can hold its own. At the same time, I did not want to exceed 9 levels of magic or have more than 4-5 warmachines. Having too many warmachines is silly IMO. Thats why I despise fighting normal dwarves, they sit there and take 6+ warmachines and blast you. Thats why I like Cd, they actually fight.

Anything else or is it ready for me to go buy?

sincerely,

Dark Haven

Malificant:

didnt robert jordan die recently?

Dark Haven:

Yes, sadly he did. Which means the Wheel of Time series will never be done.

Uzkul Werit:

The list is pretty balance and solid. You may want to drop the two small units of Warriors for a few Bull Centaurs to back the Hero up, but it’s nothing major.

Dark Haven:

The idea was to have the BC hero and the Sorceror Lord in one unit of CDW and have the Sorceror and CD Hero in the other.

They can be hammers and anvils.

BC are a cool unit, but not sure what to drop? Also, is one unit of BBs enough? Or do I need two?

Thanks again!

sincerely,

Dark Haven

Tallhat:

Careful about putting your BC hero next to your SL then. You dont want him hitting your SL with those S( attacks.

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

Don’t worry, here’s the plan:

W = warrior

S = Sorceror Lord

B = Bull Centaur hero

WBWSW

WWWW

WWWW

WWWW

WWWW

See? That way he does not hit my SL!! :slight_smile:

Tallhat:

True. But just a quick note mate. He takes up 2 spaces and since he is a US2 model he wont benefit from “look out sir!”

Im not sure it is a good idea to put him in that unit or any unit for that matter.

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

True, does that mean the enemy can target him individually from the unit?

If he’s by himself, that could be worse.

Tallhat:

As far as I remember he can be picked out. Not sure though. I usually use mine for running around the field taking on Skirmishers and War Machines. Works a treat.

- Tallhat

minty:

he can’t be picked out because he’s not over US5, but unfortuaaly using RAW* you also no lobnger have a rank bonus, with the front 2 being bigger than the ones behind thanks to dwarfs having small bases

but, putting him in a unit of dwarves is like making an earthskaker then decideing you don’t want crewmen. pointless. the BC characters main advantage is speed, so why reduce him to M3, throw him in a unit of wolfboys or some BCs to use his movement, preferbly wolf boys since they can still reform around him.

*rules as written

Tallhat:

Ah okay. But you are absolutely right. There is no pint in spending 154 pts on a model whose main strength is speed and then put him in with your warriors. Slam him in with your other BC I say. :slight_smile:

- Tallhat

Dark Haven:

the main reason I took it was for two reasons:

-more attacks and Iniative

-chance to field a cool hero that no one else can use

Oh well, guess I’ll take another CD hero.

minty:

no need, run him on his own, with a !+ svae and high T he’ll be able to take almost any small arms fire, and all he’ll have to worry about is artilery

perfect for taking down skirmishers, warmachines and light cavalry with his 360 charge range

Dark Haven:

Really? I thought he’d get blasted.

Guess I’ll have to try it out.

sincerely,

Dark Haven

minty:

statistic time:)

right, 10 archers wirh BS3 ows at long range, that stayed stilll, (thats hititng on 6s)

wounding on 6s

1+ save

0.0426 chanche of wounding

see, sure, handguns will still be annoying but he should survive