[Archive] 2K - some guesswork involved

NoisyAssassin:

Well, this will be my first attempt at making a CD list. I don’t have the book yet (stupid having to order it from FW), so there is definitely some guesswork in a few of the costs, and I won’t go into all the magic items. Just looking to get a general idea of whether what I’m planning should work out. I’m attempting to start and finish 2K by Dec 5th for a tournament (where rock hard lists are rather discouraged), so I don’t want to wait for the book to plan everything. Anywho, here it goes:

Lords (400ish)

Sorcerer-Prophet: Lvl 4, Talisman of Preservation, other goodies?

Heroes (320ish)

Castellan: BSB, goodies

2x Hobgoblin Khan: LA, Shield, cheap magic weapon, cheap magic shield and/or fire ward if I’ve got spare points

Core (590ish)

28 IG: HW&S, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

12 IG: Fireglaives, Mus, Std

Special (400ish)

4 Bull Centaurs: HW&S, Std, Mus

2x Deathshrieker

Rare (325)

Kadii Destroyer

I think that puts me at about 2050, so I could either drop a handful of IG, one of the BCs (plus, mus upgrade), or some kit on the characters. But at this point I’m more concerned with whether it seems like a solid base to tweak from so I can plan out purchasing and converting models.

rpitts2004:

There is one on eBay ATM in the states

NoisyAssassin:

I actually just lost an eBay auction on one, and the other one that’s up is already almost as expensive as ordering a new one. Thanks for the heads-up though!

rpitts2004:

But it’s In the states

beefcake:

Destroyers need to have a daemonsmith present if I’m not mistaaken. Not sure if a sorcerer prophet counts as that though.

NoisyAssassin:

Well crap. That’s good to know. Guess the guy I played against at the tournament had an illegal list…

Anyway, this rather complicates things. Suggestions on how to tweak the list to fit one in?

beefcake:

Don’t take my word as gospel though. I haven’t played a game as CD’s just saw in the Tamurkhan book that it says they need a daemonsmith

Thommy H:

It’s any character with the Daemonsmith rule, not the actual “Daemonsmith Sorcerer” Hero choice, so a Sorcerer Prophet is enough to unlock it.

beefcake:

Thanks for clarifying Thommy. :slight_smile: Good news then Noisyassassin

NoisyAssassin:

Huzzah!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.