[Archive] 300 costume?

WarplockMonkey:

Well, for a laugh me and a couple of mates thought on the last day of term this year, for charity we would come to school dressed as spartans from 300, and get sponsored for it :slight_smile:

Thing is…how do you think i would go about making the helmet for it?

GRNDL:

Easiest way, buy one. :slight_smile:

404 Page Not Found

Failing that, you could carve one from polyurethane foam, or laminated foam house insulation. Use it as a form to create a mold and vacuum form the helm onto it from plastic. If you don’t have a vacuum form, then you could use papier-mache or fibreglass.

If you don’t want it was a display piece, or to be durable, papier-mache is your best $$ for bang value I think.

I made a Judge Dredd helmet out of a pro-tec skateboard helmet and it worked out ok, but… I didn’t use any of the above techniques. I used pop-rivets to add sheets of plasticard to it and used epoxy putty to smooth out edges and so on. You could use a similar approach if you can find a “base” helmet that is similar to the Spartans corinthian helms.

Kera foehunter:

must have pictures!!! most toys stores have a cheep version or a halloween shop!

torn:

i have a Corinthian helmet im sure it only cost me ÂŁ15, uncrested though. whats more worrying is our willing to go to school wearing nothing but a red pair of underpants and a cape.

minty:

hehe, so your getting payed to show up in your underwhere and a special hat? hmmmmm, soulds like dawi zharr nightmare mate:)

still, hope it goes well:cheers

torn:

hehe, so your getting payed to show up in your underwhere and a special hat? hmmmmm, soulds like dawi zharr nightmare mate:)

still, hope it goes well:cheers

minty
sounds more like the entertainment at a hen party :p

maybes you should start moonlighting lol

WarplockMonkey:

I’m not looking for a crested one, and iv looked all over ebay, and in britain the cheapest i can find is summut like £30! Too rich for my blood…

I can do the face mask bit, thats easy, but how would i get the back of the helmet? The round bit that covers the head…is there any headwear i should base it on?

Its also strange how almost all of the sponsors are girls…

And of course ill get pics for you kera! It’s probs gonna be my new myspace piccy anyways! :cheers

As for the hen-parties…im available for hire…for a generous amount of slaves of course :wink:

Theory_Man:

Is it just me or is WarplockMonkey status states that he is away when he is not away.

@ WarplockMonkey, try changing your status to I’m here and then logging out of the CDO forum and then logging back in.

WarplockMonkey:

Theroy_Man: Does it? :S

I shall change it now sar!

Come on…any more ideas??

Kera foehunter:

Come on guys that would be a good look for ya all.

in your undies and a trash can lid with a helmet with a broom on top