[Archive] 3000 p (RH)

qwe50:

Hi everyone

I just startet to play again after almost a years, I have found some of the tourney rules used right now and made a list (i had a very fun game yestoday) what do you think ?  

Rules are:

Magic:

�?� Max 5 dice each. spell

�?� Max 3 extra dice per. phase including dice saved from earlier phases. There must be like to generate more dice but they should not be used or stored.

general:

3000 points armies

It is played with open lists

Max 45 shooting model with range 12 +

No non-character unit may consist of more than 35 models or cost more than 400 points

Only heroic choice special characters

Max 6 per PowerPoints. army

Ravening Hordes Chaos dwarfs may be used

PowerPoints system:

All PP are cumulative, i.e. that such a hell cannon counts 2 PP, 1 base and 1 for large target and such crown of command counter 3 PP in a Dark Elf army

1 PP per.:

�?� Warmachine

�?� Large target

�?� Loremaster or similar spell select end Powers / Items

�?� Lord level spellcaster with shadow or death lore

�?� Each non-character device with a dietary score above 350

�?� Every 3 flying unit / character

�?� Crown of Command

3 PP:

�?� 2 + your spell casting Lord choice

�?� 3 + one’s hero choice

�?� 3 + units with alternative deployment

�?� Folding fortress

�?� 3 + one extra nice

4 PP:

�?� 4 + one’s core choice

�?� Power scroll

�?� 4 + one special choice

--------------------------------------------------------------------

3000P RH list

Chaos Dwarf Lord @184

Armour of the furnace, Potion of strengh, Shield.

Bull centaur Lord @266 (1PP)

Armour of Gaz, Dawnstone, Crown of command, Great weapon

Sorcerer Lord (Metal) @300

Level 4. Talisman of preservation, Earthing Rod.

Chaos dwarf BSB @135

Armour of silvered steel, ironcurse icon.

Sorcerer (Shadow) @90

Dispel magic scroll

Sorcerer (Fire) @115

Level 2, Channeling staff

32 x Chaos dwarf Warriors @392 (1PP)

Great weapons, Standard with Banner of eternal flame  

musician, champion

20 x Chaos dwarf Warriors @225

Standard with Lichebone pennant, musician, champion

20 x Chaos dwarf Blunderbusses @240

20 x hobgoblin archers @100p

35 x Sneaky Gitz @205  

Standard, musician, champion

21 x Black orcs @318

Death Rocket @80 (1PP)

Death Rocket @80 (1PP)

Hobgob bolt trower @30 (1PP)

5 x Bull centaur @105

Heavy armour.

Earthshaker @110 (1PP)

I have 25p left

Mahtipakarat:

I like those comps, and might try them out myself. Also liking your list not the most effective one, but fun to play with. I would try to squeeze in at least 1 unit of 10 hobgoblin wolf riders. I have found them to be really useful (they do suffer from bad LD and since you are not using tauruslord they can be tricky), But what ever suits you.

the last 25 points I would. give bull centaurs some shields for 5pts :/. How about giving your potion of strenght character a magic weapon? Maybe sword of striking? I have used chaos dwarf bsb (with thommy h armybook) With potion of strenght and sword of striking. I found out that having 3-4 S7 hits that hit usually with 2+ can be really useful. Also if he is fighting regular low armoured and low toughness troops, extra hits always help.

I’m not the best general and usually don’t metagame too much so my advices may seem quite odd…

qwe50:

I agree a magic weapon would be nice but i have used exatly 750p on lords so no points. Also with a non magic hw+shield he have 2+save in hth.

in the RH list BC’s have shields but you pay for the armour.

Where would you get the points for wolfs ?

10 x hobgob wolf with light armour, shields and musician @ 140p

Mahtipakarat:

I agree a magic weapon would be nice but i have used exatly 750p on lords so no points. Also with a non magic hw+shield he have 2+save in hth.

qwe50
nope, parry gives him 6+ ward save though... Also didn't realize the 750pts cap.
in the RH list BC's have shields but you pay for the armour.

qwe50
another of my mistakes when reciting from memory :(.
Where would  you get the points for wolfs ?

qwe50
I would probably drop the sneaky gits. and add the riders. then add unit of 30 hobgoblins with only handweapons. Basic hobgoblins without upgrades (or maybe just the shield for parry ward). are really cheap 3points for goblin who has ws3? So if I would have the models, I would use 2-3 50 model units without command. 5x10 near my foot generals unit would give me LD10 steadfast tarpit blocks that are dirt cheap and can be sacrificed.

But again it's all up to you and your play style, If you like your list you can play with it as it is. But I highly recommend trying the wolfboyz. I have had great experiences with them, and they are really fun to play. Considering rest of the army being so radically different to them (slow sluggish foot troops and shooting basically).

I try to tune my lists to where I'm playing, If it's friendly game then I can use softer or newer list which is filled with some wacky combos and generally stupid things :P. If I'm going to tournament I usually take things I'm more used to, and depending on the scenarios that are going to be played, IE. if scenarios have loads of objectives that give much point I usually try to plan my list around for capturing those objectives...

ah, I'm not making any sense again it's time for me to go to sleep. :hat off

Bolg:

your units are quite small for such a big battle? I personally already field a horde (CD’S greatweapons) when I play 1500 points.

And take this unit for consideration: 50 naked hobgobilns full command (or champion musician), thats 130 points for a unit (5 wide 10 deep) that can pin down a lot for quite some time for a hand full of points. And if you play T3 S3 oponens you can even play them as a horde. with some shadow magic help (-D3 WS, S, or T) they can actually do damage as well.

zhatan87:

Chaos Dwarf Lord @184
Armour of the furnace, Potion of strengh, Shield.
Ok, why not. Not fan of the potion of strengh, as your lord won't be very often in close combat...
Armour of Gaz, Dawnstone, Crown of command, Great weapon
Good. But you do not use the bonus of +1 in save for cavalry. Mine is with dragon helm, shield, first strike weapon, heavy armour, crown of command, and dawnstone. 279 pts (I think), and a very good choice too. And you will have a magic weapon...
Sorcerer Lord (Metal) @300
Level 4. Talisman of preservation, Earthing Rod.
Good choice for the lore (such as you can't take death or shadow).
Chaos dwarf BSB @135
Armour of silvered steel, ironcurse icon.
Ok.
Sorcerer (Shadow) @90
Dispel magic scroll

Sorcerer (Fire) @115
Level 2, Channeling staff
Maybe you could switch for level 2 shadow and level 1 fire.
32 x Chaos dwarf Warriors @392 (1PP)
Great weapons, Standard with Banner of eternal flame
musician, champion
20 x Chaos dwarf Warriors @225
Standard with Lichebone pennant, musician, champion
20 x Chaos dwarf Blunderbusses @240
Blunderbusses aren't good now... Sorry...
20 x hobgoblin archers @100p
35 x Sneaky Gitz @205
As said before, you need a big unit of naked hobgoblins (if you got the minis...), maybe 2 big units for a big battle.
21 x Black orcs @318
Ok. I prefer big uns, cheaper and very often the same use.
Death Rocket @80 (1PP)
Death Rocket @80 (1PP)

Hobgob bolt trower @30 (1PP)

5 x Bull centaur @105
Heavy armour.

Earthshaker @110 (1PP)
I don't know what you exactly want, in term of level of list, but you should go in earthshaker before death rocket. Maybe 2 earthshakers and only one death rocket.

My two cents:)

qwe50:

Hi everyone a late reply i know

The list should be “friendly” but we play with tournament rules so only one shaker.

The hard one is gear for the chaos dwarf lord and to find points for hobgoblins.

In my first game he had armour of destiny, ironcurse icon and a great weapon. He +big dwarf unit got into HtH with 30 ghools and a vampire hero - he killed the hero only to die from poison attacks from the ghools. So i would like more armour on him.

So everyone what is the best lord i can have for 184p ?

I won’t change the BC lord he need the 1+ save to grind e.g black guards and the 1+ make a big difrence against S4 or S5

zhatan87 why don’t you take Sword of striking ? 5A with re-roll to hit and 5A with +1 hot hit is the same (you hit 4 times)

I’ll change the Borc’s to big uns that will save me 81 points and give me a unit of 35 hobgoblins (max unit size)

zhatan87:

zhatan87 why don't you take Sword of striking ? 5A with re-roll to hit and 5A with +1 hot hit is the same (you hit 4 times)
You are right. But you strike first. Some times, you do not have rerolls... But as you can choose what unit you charge...
I'll change the Borc's to big uns that will save me 81 points and give me a unit of 35 hobgoblins (max unit size)
Why not, even if Big uns need to be more than 21 minis...
So everyone what is the best lord i can have for 184p ?
As you already use silver steel armour and Gaz armour... Nothing can be better than this... A very good OG player told me about the light armour which make -1 to hit, with WS7, it means that WS3 hit on 6+. I don't know if it is good or not... (because OnG don't have access to a very good armour (1+ save), so that this idea can be good). You still have points to give a ward save (5+). Against WS3, it is better than the armour of the furnace, but against WS4+, it is far lower...
Why do you need a CD lord?

richard barby:

the archers can be really good at finishing things off for you to get the victory points in the back blunderbusses in rh and indy are great at halfing units but can never finish them off and in 8th its all about killing the whole unit not just over 50 percent of it

if you run lore of metal and can give them +1 to hit magic attacks and armour percing they can reall pack a punch. reacent time i used to 24 hobgoblins 1 volley killed 4 silver helms (then ran away from panic :frowning: muppets )

qwe50:

Blog: the rules have a max unit size of 35 models max 400p and more than 350p cost a PP.

zhatan87: i still don’t see - Sword of striking always give you a bonus so it must be better -strike first or not opponent get to fight back anyway. The more i look i find my BC lord a little better - the 1+ save and high strengh is better than the to hit bonus.

Armour of Gaz, Dawnstone, Crown of command, Great weapon.

only problem is you really want armour of gaz for someone else.

CD lord @181

Glittering scales, Talisman of endurance, Great weapon.

I think you are right - that is the best lord i can get. THX for that one m8.

You asked why i wan’t a lord - i want a fighting character to add punch and kill heroes to one of the dwarf units and for only 60p more a lord is much better than a hero.

Richard barby:

I see you point but the much better thing to do is to use you magic for Searing doom on the Silver helms and find some low armour save elf’s for the archers.

i’ll show you.

adverige numbers

Searing doom on helms = 3.5 hit = 3 dead helms

Archers 24 shoots = 8 hit (Long Range) = 4 wound = 3 dead spear, sword master, archer …

Enchanted blades of aiban on archers

24 shoots = 12 hits = 6 wounds Helms have a 3+ save so only 2 deads

as you can see on the adverige numbers the first option is much better m8.

zhatan87:

zhatan87: i still don't see - Sword of striking always give you a bonus so it must be better -strike first or not opponent get to fight back anyway. The more i look i find my BC lord a little better - the 1+ save and high strengh is better than the to hit bonus.
As said, you are right. But sometimes you should prefer to strike first. And by experience, making rerolls prevents to have bad dices rolls, even if these rolls are on 2+...

Your BC lord :
you don't have any protection against the lore of metal... And no magic weapon (not so usefull I must admit).
But it is a matter of taste:)
Just see that if the BC lord is played with the stuff I suggest, you can afford your CD lord the armour of gazrackh... Even if mine isn't as protected as yours...
CD lord @181
Glittering scales, Talisman of endurance, Great weapon.
I remember now that the combination is with the magic sword which provides WS10. Very often hit on 6+, which make the lord well protected...
The only drawback is to have a CD lord mini with additionnal hand weapons...
And your lord won't have any more the same use with S4 and S6.
You asked why i wan't a lord - i want a fighting character to add punch and kill heroes to one of the dwarf units and for only 60p more a lord is much better than a hero.
I must admit that I haven't played the lord in this way of thinking... My lord choices are for BC lord, or level 4 lord (death in this way), or hardly CD lord on taurus.
Because my main CD blocks do not go in hand to hand very often...

Hobgoblin heroes on wolf are great too... Friendly, and very useful : you need very often a unit to make redirection or charge fleeing units in order to make them flee off.

Just some thoughts:)