[Archive] 4/6/09: BOGGO's painted Chaos Dwarfs w/BB

BOGGO:

After perusing this sight for a couple of days I decided to take a shot at converting some BFSP dwarfs I had lying around. This is the first stab at it: using the green stuff is tougher than I thought, and I need more practice (I want it to be cleaner). I am going to primer these guys, and paint a couple up as test models (hopefully today). I figure starting a blog might push me to keep going with it…[attachment=1140] These will make up a unit of Chaos Dwarfs with hw/shield: I’ll have a character and full command in as well.

[attachment=1141][attachment=1142]

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Hazkar:

nice start,they look better then my first green stuff experiments

so.sad:

quite good as a start. I especially like the left guy on the first photo, nice mask there!

If you want to improve, try to be a little more patient. Keep you sculpting tool wet and smooth out the surfaces before adding the detail. Doing so you won’t have these nasty edges in the middle of a surface. Also try sculpting in layers. Its very difficult to do e.g. a helmet in only one step. Do the general shape first and add the details only as the first layer is completly dry.

When I first started sculpting I had someone telling me this and it helped me a lot… I hope it helps you, too!

looking forward to see more,

keep it comming

tjub:

…jepp, keep it one step at the time. Leave it to dry and then do another.That and water or oil on the sculpting tool is the key.

Good start! :slight_smile:

Canix:

Excellent mask style formed on the dwarf helm integrating the horns ,good stuff .You will be amazed how quickly you can pick up working with GS :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Love the weapons! Keep practicing with the GS as it can be hard at first. Over time you’ll have excellent GS skills.

wallacer:

Not too bad. The helmets show a nice look to them. An army of guys with that style of helmet would look really good.

Zanko:

Really nice guys!:slight_smile:

Some pleased me more than others, but I think that´s normal …:o

Altogether great beginning, I´m curious to see them painted! :cheers

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

they have some great mask !! boggo great job on the green stuff

BOGGO:

[attachment=1144]

First set of Dwarfs painted in my test scheme. Now that I have an idea of what I want I’ll practice on another batch of guys (and try sculpting in layers).

BOGGO:

One more…

Zanko:

I like the colour of the beards! :hat off

Really, really cool!

… I think he minis aren´t yet finished … are they??? :~

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

i like the colors you chosen ,the red mask are great

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Like the look of the weapons. Colour is terrific!

BOGGO:

I have my first few hobgoblins (WIP). I imagine them as an inbred race of goblin-kind, hence the differing shapes/sizes and irregular color.[attachment=1154]

BOGGO:

I also bought a wolf rider regiment. This gives me my wolf rider unit plus a ton of bits to use on other Hobbos. I need to highlight these guys, base them, and do eyes/teeth shield icons…[attachment=1156]

BOGGO:

So I’ve scrapped the original Mask Dwarf concept, and have decided on hat dwarfs (like the look + I bought 6 bull centaurs, and I want some uniformity).

Here is a guy (WIP) with nose and tusks:[attachment=1157]

The hats are made from jewelery beads. This guy will get a great axe and be a hero:[attachment=1158] I also used beads for the blunderbuss (quick and easy).[attachment=1159]

And a variety of the hats I’ll be making…

Kera foehunter:

love the wolves rider and your tall hats

BOGGO:

[attachment=1247]

ElEndro:

Okey, im sure im going to loot your hat idea, it is very nice and easy, and there is a hobby jewelry shop near to me. It is way better than your initial mask dwarves. Cant wait to go to the shop :slight_smile: