[Archive] 40k Squats

tjub:

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=136698.0

A Squat list for 5th ed.

Filipicusius:

Maybey I’ll make a squat army next… (No! Bad Filipicusius! Stick to what you got!)

slev:

Rumour on the ex-staff underground is that they made hald-a-dozen prototype xenos speicies for a potential new army. It came down to the Demiurg or the T’au.

The Demiurg apparently had transparent bubble-helmets(!), and where a cross between old-school epic Squat tech and pulp sci-fi in style, while the look of the creatures themselves was reminiscent of the Sontarons from Dr Who.

There have apparently been moves to try and bring them in as a T’au Protectorate, but nothing has arrived as of yet. We may see another T’au codex in the next three to five years or so, so it won’t happen any time soon.

AGPO:

From what I’ve heard there are quite a few races that are in fairly advanced states of development, that are written up for extended fluff or pitched whenever they want to create a new army. Many of these will no doubt become Tau protectorates, either fluffwise or with the addition of a new unit

BilboBaggins:

I guess if they release Demiurge into the Tau I may actually have to start a 40k army, well actually put one together.

Zanthrax:

I use the Imperial Guard codex for my squats as it is probably the best fit with the squats using leman russ tanks with lots of heavy weapons.

Although unpainted at this time, when finished it will be a big serve to the evil of GW as they will feature squats blowing and stomping away tyranids.

The decision to write off squats (and chaos dwarfs) was purely a commercial one by the bankers that determine GW policy.

I support the idea of squats online.

Z

:cheers

furrie:

Zanthrax, not to be a rude or anything. But you should check dates before posting (again it isn’t meant to be rude or to attack you)

Thorne:

Ive seen squats in action in this edition of 40K. Damn nasty too. They were a proxy Necron force. Hooded gretchin models as the base troopers. Dwarf Vadur as the army leader memory goes a bit shady after that but t was a pretty sweet force.

Giftzwerg:

Seeing as how this thread is having a new lease of life and all…

I have a squat army which I play using Impy Guard codex. It works well. I like to play with lots of vehicles etc because thats a my interpretation of Squat culture. I also have a Chaos Squat army I used to play with Iron Warriors for the same reason.

I like the Hasslefree Squats myself, they are a little less like fantasy dwarfs and that fits my vision of a 40k squat culture but Olleys squats are also good. Some folk convert dwarfs for a really “Space Dwarf” feel. Most of my Squats are the Rogue Trader ones.

I briefly used squats for the human auxillarys in Tau Empire when that was available. The Tau being tolerant of other races, as long as they pledge allegience would have taken Squat refugees or perhaps taken over remote Squat worlds

At the moment I am working on Squats in an Adeptus Mechanicus list as I think it is plausible that there would have been Squat colonies on many Adeptus Mechanics worlds at the time of the catastrophe because of their mutual interest in technology.

It remains to be said that I mostly collect, ocassionally play and infrequently paint. Few armies ever reach tabletop standard.

Sign me up for a Squat Website!

furrie:

I must admit, I’m drawn to sqauts aswell. Recived my first squat figure today. Its a trike. If someone puts up a squat forum/site, I’m intrested to. I’m also willing to do some of the technical part.

Thorne:

Started the ball rolling. Ill get working on it more later.

Space dwarfs online - The home of Squats and Chaos Squats Demiurg and other related short races in the grim darkness of the future.

furrie:

Just joined the forum and yeah it could do with a bit more work.

sparrow:

I’m in!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zanthrax:

Glad my new post in an old thread helped get the ball rolling- great work team.

Z

:cheers

Thorne:

Few kinks to be worked out and Furrie I lost your post bud sorry but its looking good now for Squats.

furrie:

doesn’t matter, things can happen.

Thorne:

http://spacedwarfsonline.freeforums.org/index.php

Space dwarfs online goes live. I hope to see all interested parties at the site soon.

I will be looking for admins and Moderators too so plenty of fun to go arround.

Nicodemus:

http://spacedwarfsonline.freeforums.org/index.php

Thorne
What's a spaced warf?

I did a google image search and found this as the first result, so I'm guessing it's right:

Are these extra dimensional Chaos Dwarfs from the future? Like Max Headroom, but with beards?  I dig the bald. Very suitable for evil warfs.

~N

Thorne:

Gah Nicodemus !

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

Seriously though, I think if I were ever to get into 40K I’d want to swing down the evil Squat route just to be contrary and different. I mean really, how many marines can there be anyway. They die like flies but there’s a never ending stream of them.

I heard in some of the older 40K fluff that there were some evil squat-like guys serving daemons on some far-off forge world or some such thing. What ever it was I remember thinking it sounded exactly like 40K Chaos Dwarfs :wink:

Other than that I know next to nothing about 40K except what I’ve learned from Space Hulk.

~N