[Archive] 500 Members, Nearly 25,000 posts, and The Chaos Star

Xander:

Wow, 500 members! You guys rock. We’ve been kicking around for under a year, but we are making so much headway it is kind of ridiculous. We’ve changed a seemingly stagnant army into a creative whirlwind of ideas, with new ideas coming in all the time, from all corners of the globe! Even with all my recent busyness, I am constantly impressed by how connected we all can be through this forum. I still manage to find time to devote to this forum, because I know that it is worth every second. I never could have imagined we would come this far, this fast! We are coming up on 25,000 posts, which is a pretty incredible feat. We are far and away the best Chaos Dwarf forum on the net, and we may be even one of the best Army Forums period. So kudos to all of you for your inspiring ideas, words of encouragement and continued support for our grand experiment!

In a bit of celebration, my “Coming Soon…” Chaos Star section has been replaced with:

Chamber of the Everchosen the Herdstone
The Daemonic Legion Chaos Dwarfs Online

Looks a lot nicer! You’ll also noticed I changed the old Chaos Star section to “Top Sites” until I come up with some more graphics for those on their own.

So here we are, about exactly 1 year since I started building my army. I have had a total blast. I look forward to many more years with you guys! But for now, I will be working on finishing painting my first 1000 points! Work on my hobgoblins is going well, and they should be finished sometime soon, so I will post some pictures! Once done, I will shift my focus to Golden Hat IV.

Cheers,
Xander

:hat off

Willmark:

Indeed impressive stuff this forum and its members does indeed rock! :hat off to all.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Aye! I am definitely looking forward to what we are going to see during the next years in this forum :hat

Uzkul Werit:

Brings out party poppers but forgets to mention they’re full of gun powder

You’ve only been buliding your Dawi Zharr for a year? Crikey. And you’ve been with the community for how long, Xander? :smiley:

Do us Chaos Dwarfs have a fancy banner like the others?

Xander:

Yep, only a year, but I lurked around HoH for years prior to that. I always had old models, but never devoted specific attention to the army. I am proud of what I have done in a year’s time since I took the plunge and ordered tons of BFSP models. I will probably make one of those fancy buttons for CDO, but first I will attempt to colourize some art, so I can do it in the same style as the others. :slight_smile:

I have my eye on that 1000 points medallion!

Pyro Stick:

I have my eye on the 2000 point medallion but its a long way off. I have never had such a high post count on anyother forum so this one must be awesome.

Xander:

With only 47 more until your custom title you so desire. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pyro Stick:

With only 47 more until your custom title you so desire. :P

Xander
Ever since kera started going on about highlander i have been wondering on how i can incorporate highlander into it so it might be different from what i have been obsessed with for months

Willmark:

“the Pryo-Maniac Highlander”? Or some such.

I’m with you guys in terms of 1,000 point medallions. I’m very close to finishing my first CD warrior unit. When posted in the army blog it will take me to just over 500 points, with another 1,200 under construction of various units.

Pyro Stick:

Why dont we have a very simple 500 point medallion?

Something along the lines of Pyromancer the Highlander or Pyromantic Highlander.

Willmark:

Something along the lines of Pyromancer the Highlander or Pyromantic Highlander.

Pyro Stick
Personal opinion: I don't think it should be added. It downgrades the acheivement IMHO. Every 1,000 is a significant milestone. And should remain so to recognize the hardwork of those that have achieved said 1,000 point increments. YMMV.

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
Personal opinion: I don't think it should be added. It downgrades the acheivement IMHO. Every 1,000 is a significant milestone. And should remain so to recognize the hardwork of those that have achieved said 1,000 point increments. YMMV.

Willmark
Yes but most people here dont have any of the original models so they are going to be converitng most of them and unless they convert models that are worth loads of points then they are never going to achieve, or it will take a very long time, to get 1000 points.

Canix:

Congratulations all, such a great site and growing:hat off.Bursting with ideas and creativity,I found HOH about six months before CDO and the activity on this site helps me.Aiming for my thousand ,second unit of warriors��started ,i intend to do all the shelds at once:o.everything else moving further to completion:D

PYROLANDER “there can only be one”

Pyro Stick:

…Pyrolander is epic. I think i might just use that. If i do ill give you some slaves for the epicness

wallacer:

500 members is quite an achievement for a site dedicated to an army that GW seems hellbent on ignoring. :cheers

Malificant:

for a year’s worth of running, and based on a very limited(even more so than any other race specific site) fan clientel i think it is HUGE.

anyone interested in making Fimir Online or Zoats online?

wallacer:

interested in making Fimir Online or Zoats online?

Malificant
I have $50 riding on Father Grumpmas.

Otoh, maybe Xander will decide to franchise.

Willmark:

Pygmies Online is going to be huge! Pun intended. Imagine it will have a fan base of around 5, we can easily beat those guys.

Pryolander FTW!

Uzkul Werit:

I want Gnoblars Online baby. Although the Zoats are getting some fans. looks at off topic

Xander:

I’d probably make a HeroQuest Online before Fimirs Online. But both would be pretty awesome! Haha.

I have no plans to diverge my attention away from Chaos Dwarfs until I have a respectable sized army. :slight_smile: So don’t worry!