[Archive] 500p painted (masks, pic heavy)

blackgonzo:

link to whole army painted, and pls put comments there thank you:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/10197

So this is half my CD collection painted, the other 500p will be painted in the comming months

Death rocket from bfsp cannon

Hobgoblins

P.s have been retouched in photoshop for brightness and stuff.

turquois dwarf:

these look amazing.

i realy like the hobgoblin with the skull on a stick at the back!

Dino:

Very nice work. The warriors look really good. Hope to see more soon.

Ghrask Dragh:

This is great stuff, nice to see some masks again! :mask

I like what you’ve done with the skin tones and blunderhoodies, the whole whole ‘feel’ to the army is very dark… :hat off

Really looking forward to the other 500pts, nice stuff blackgonzo :cheers

Kera foehunter:

wow love the blue skins your lava baces are perfect!!

Bassman:

Very nice stuff here! Your army all together should look ace on the battle field. You made a simple choice of colors and that makes everything neat and clean. It’s a compliment, not so many people can do that.

Your warriors, death rocket and hobgoblins are perfect, nothing to say, maybe some of the mask could be better defined and in some spots I can find the painting a little blurry (2 pic, 1st rank rightest mask…) but that’s just details.

I’m not crazy about Bbs, honestly hoods are very gross, like something melted on top of their head. I do not like the barrel of your blunderbusses.

Do not worry, your painting is so cool that cover every defect in sculpting.

I tell you these because I like them and I can see a lot of potential… :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Awesome conversions, awesome paint job! Have a slave or two. :hat off

And the good thing about the blunderbussers is that every time one of them falls, you can say “Oh my god, they killed Kenny!!” ^^

grunts:

Hmm…blue skin. Looks surprisingly good. Evil smurfs! Seriously though, excellent job.

Canix:

He He i like them,the teenage! hoodie blunderbusses are very funny :smiley: as Ishkur said who killed Kenny

Blue skin looks great too :hat

blackgonzo:

HA didn´t think about the ranked kennys, so many replies! im very happy for the criteque (bassman), hmm i see that my hoddies are quite thick and another thing that bothers me is that my general is blocking his face with his stone axe, still need a better picture of him. Is anyone bothered by the strong contrast on the blue skin between shade and highlight? pls tell me, might add some kinda wash to tone it down otherwise

link to conversion post to see them all green

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8272

about the lave it dosent look that good in real life^^ i had to take away lots of red color from the pics, but its still quite the same.

Merchant:

Hello friend :slight_smile:

- I saw your GS work, and I have been waiting to see it painted - and I’m glad to see that you don’t disappoint :cheers

- all in all your 500pts army is looking very good, and inspiring too :slight_smile:

I hope that we will see more from you soon - keep up the good work, and keep them coming :hat off

Bassman:

Well, looking at your Greens I can understand your problem with the Boyz in da hood :stuck_out_tongue: or Kennys :wink:
Hoods need a sharp edge, shape hoods as you like, let them dry and “cut” the edge to get it sharp!
It works, at least for me… :smiley:

About lava bases:
Really, I believed this was the real color. I think they look great even in real life, anyway, my only problem is the abrupt transition of colors, you just need a couple of colors between red and yellow.

Regards, Bassman

blackgonzo:

About lava bases:
Really, I believed this was the real color. I think they look great even in real life, anyway, my only problem is the abrupt transition of colors, you just need a couple of colors between red and yellow.

Regards, Bassman

Bassman
I am aware of the abrupt color transition of the lava, but the yellow is the real problem, having to apply sevral layers. But i find the lava more alive and realistic with only 1 layer, even if its uglier. (i needed a faster meathod to base my whole army) :cheers

Vexxus:

About lava bases:

Regards, Bassman

Bassman
I am aware of the abrupt color transition of the lava, but the yellow is the real problem, having to apply sevral layers. But i find the lava more alive and realistic with only 1 layer, even if its uglier. (i needed a faster meathod to base my whole army) :cheers

blackgonzo
Invest in the Foundation yellow and orange. WELL worth the money! For my lava I use Foundation Red, then blood red, then foundation orange, then foundation yellow (either, to taste), them brighten that yellow with sunburst!

Click HERE to see painted examples!

Cheers
Vex

furrie:

your army looks pretty neat

Xander:

Excellent stuff!

I really like the Ogre! Sick! In fact that whole unit is great! Love the use of the chain! Can’t wait to see what else you make!! :smiley:

Don’t forget your army shots with every unit in the picture! :wink: Once you reach your 1000 points painted you’ll earn the 1000 Points Medal!

snyggejygge:

Love the hooded dwarfs, nice idea!

Arashi:

Really cool! Personally, I like the deathrocket conversion the most.

Willmark:

Great work here dude that Death Rocket is awesome. Keep up the amazing work.

Lord Bzaark:

I love the idea of blue skin, although i personally wouldn’t do it i think it looks great.

P.S - i love the War machine