[Archive] 500pts. New to Chaos Dwarfs

Oddgit One-eye:

Hi there.
I’m new to CDO forums and starting to play Chaos Dwarfs.
I work on my goblin-heavy list* for a couple games against different competitive(as 500 points can be competitive) lists - Empire, WoC, Skaven, High and Dark fairies, etc.
I would be glad to have some feedback. Please leave your comments.

The models I have: lots of hobgoblins, including some wolf riders; 2 shriekers; magma-cannon; a couple of heroes and only 10 dwarfs, lol.

So, the list is:

Deamonsmith Sorceror (General; L1; Fire; Enchanted Shield; Luckstone) @ 105.0 Pts
25 Hobgoblin Cutthroats (Bows) @ 125.0 Pts
2x1 Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher @ 100.0 Pts
5 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders (Musician; Spears) @ 70.0 Pts

Total: 500.0

- :idea* IGs too expensive and I do not trust 10-man(or so) strong units even in such small games. And I love hobgoblins. So I picked some of them in my list, instead of dwarf troops.
Wolf riders in their turn should protect our gunline from approaching enemy acting as redirectors and/or hunt theirs warmachines.

sam585:

Chaos dwarfs tend to be overpowered at about 500 points when we throw down with warmachines and only hobgoblins; however, you might want to switch to lore of metal for anti-armor capabilities.

Bloodbeard:

At 500 points you can do pretty well with a fireball. Having the range to hit the enemy in turn 1.

But going for hobgoblins I would go Lore of Metal as well. Searing doom will take out the expensie high armoured opponents. Enchented Blades of Aiban can make your hobgoblins real deadly.

TheHoodedMan:

Take only a khan instead of the 5 wolf riders and buy a standard and a musician for the archers.

The musician is important for swift reforming that you can face your target for best shooting.

The khan can take out “normal” war machines like empire cannons or skaven cannons and catapults on its own.

2 shriekers with a demonsmith at 500 pts: Unbalanced, to say it friendly ;).

Oddgit One-eye:

Thanks for your comments.

@sam585; @Bloodbeard

I agree about Lore of Metal(chance to meet an Empire allcav list with demigryphs is high), so I would try it too.

@TheHoodedMan

Good point on khan(less models to paint, lol) and archers really need musician, so yes. I will take it, definitely.

As for ‘friendly’ - I have my orcs and goblins and poor beastmen. So I hope I did not lose my friends with this small 500-point force. :slight_smile:

TheHoodedMan:

If you know to meet an Empire Cav list Metal is obligatory (A 2nd metal spell would be great by the way ;-)).

The shriekers are not so good then, sadly, as are the hogbob archers.

But a doomrocket on a demigryph is a nice thing :-). (Or on a hero, for “look out,sir!” he needs 5 non-champion-models in a unit).

The archers will do nearly no damage at 1+ or 2+ armor save wether with bows nor with hand weapons, so you have to hope that you hit him before with a rocket :slight_smile: or searing doom.

The infantry of choice would be a great block of infernal guard great weapon :-).

Good luck for your games!!