[Archive] 750pts for escalation league LoA

Barbossa:

Hello everyone, this is my first post as I have only recently started coming here. I recently started chaos dwarfs as I always liked their background and thought it would be a fun conversion project.

Our local game store has started up an escalation league and the first game is 750pts with no lords (not that i could fit one in anyway).

So i’m posting my list to see what anyone thinks. Any thoughts are welcome.

–Heroes–

Daemonsmith Sorcerer - 155

-dispel scroll

-lv 2

–Core–

10 x Infernal Guard - 190

-blunderbusses

-musician

20 x Infernal Guard - 260

-musician / standard bearer

–Special–

Magma Cannon - 145

Points 750

gIL^:

Nice, im playing an escalation league to this is what im fielding i hope you like.

–Heroes–

Castellan                  140
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Enchanted shield
Great Weapon

–Core–

10 x Infernal Guard                 170
- Fireglaives

10 x Infernal Guard                 170
- Fireglaives

–Special–

14 x Ironsworn                        268
- Standard
- Musician
- Champion

What can i say? This list for me is strong average STR of 5 Castellan has a ruby ring so magic is still in and we keep the stubborn.

im a fan of Fireglaives :slight_smile:

Points 748

MLP:

I prefer GiL^'s list, I think for 750 points you might as well focus on one thing: Combat! If you do feel you need a war machine a Deathshrieker will be great at this points level, I don’t think a magma would be so effective as you shouldn’t see so much monstrous inf or large elite units which is what I think it’s best against.

nilbog:

Is it the type of escalation where you need to keep the same units as you go up to higher points?

I’m thinking that both of those lists are fairly static. If you not moving, you might as well have a gunline, which CD can do well. But it might not be fun to play against and it’s one dimensional to say the least.

Daemonsmith, level 2, charmed shield, fire 130

14 fireglaives, FC 270

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Magma cannon

750 points

Barbossa:

Yes, you have to keep the same units up until 1500 (week 4) but you can add to them each week but not remove anything. and I agree with the deathshrieker remark but I know out of 12 people in the league, 5 are playing ogres.

gIL^:

Is it the type of escalation where you need to keep the same units as you go up to higher points?

I'm thinking that both of those lists are fairly static. If you not moving, you might as well have a gunline, which CD can do well. But it might not be fun to play against and it's one dimensional to say the least.

Daemonsmith, level 2, charmed shield, fire 130

14 fireglaives, FC 270

Deathshrieker
Deathshrieker
Magma cannon

750 points

nilbog
If you think my list isn't fun to play against, Yours will simply table someone by the 2nd turn, That list will put people off even considering playing CD's

I think there should be a rule that says over half or units in armies have to be hand to hand.

nilbog:

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the metaphorical stick gIL^. I’m saying my list will not be fun to play against, I offered it up as an extreme example of what CD could do. Yours is fine and i like the use of ironsworn!

gashnag:

Our local game store has started up an escalation league and the first game is 750pts with no lords (not that i could fit one in anyway).

Barbossa
my local store is starting one too it but we start at 500 pts next month. 500 of chaos dwarves is limited though came up with 5 different list to run for it as well as list for future months when the points total increases

gIL^:

I think you've got the wrong end of the metaphorical stick gIL^. I'm saying my list will not be fun to play against, I offered it up as an extreme example of what CD could do. Yours is fine and i like the use of ironsworn!

nilbog
HAHA sorry i thought you were serious, My apologies my good Dawi :hat off

Thank Hashut.