[Archive] 8th Ed Ravening Hordes Army Builder Files

poutsma:

Hey all,

For those of you who use Army Builder 3 to create your Chaos Dwarf army lists: I’ve updated the Army Builder files to reflect all the changes found in the CDO FAQ/Errata for the Ravening Hordes list. I’ve tested the AB files with all my CD lists, and it seem to work fine. Now I’m looking for more testers, to find rid of any other bugs that might still be there.

• Download the Chaos_Dwarfs_8th_AB.zip from here.

• Unzip it, getting chaosdwarves.aug and chaosdwarves.dat.

• Put these two files into your 8th Ed data file directory (typically C:\ArmyBuilderEX\data\wh8), thus overwritten the old ones, which you might want to backup first.

I’ve contacted the 8th ed AB maintainers, so this upgrade will probably be part of the next 8th ed AB release.

Please leave feedback in this thread, or send me a PM.

Cheers,

Arjen

nitroglysarine:

Tried putting it in, doesn’t seem to do anything, i think i fail perhaps?

poutsma:

Tried putting it in, doesn't seem to do anything, i think i fail perhaps?

nitroglysarine
Hmm, I think it needs to recompile the data files.

Can you select Develop->Enable Data File Debugging, Develop->Compile Data Files->Warhammer Fantasy v8, and then try again?

nitroglysarine:

ah no it works now, lol, hadn’t downloaded WFBv8 for army builder.

Doink!

Bolg:

Is AB freeware?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

poutsma:

Is AB freeware?

Bolg
It isn't, but there is a free demo available. See http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=army_builder

nitroglysarine:

Demo will only let you assemble the lists, but you can’t save them etc…

but you can obviously print screen. :wink:

Xander:

Awesome work!

Would you have any interest in making Army Builder files for Thommy’s new Chaos Dwarf list?

I’ve taken a look at your XML, and I might give it a try if you are not interested. Any tips for making Army Builder files? (Or handy links?)

Thanks, and again, nice work!

poutsma:

Awesome work!

Xander
Thanks!
Would you have any interest in making Army Builder files for Thommy's new Chaos Dwarf list?

Xander
For the RH list, I only had to change the existing one, and that was relatively easy (it took me about a day). Obviously, creating a whole new set of data files is quite a different story :). But I might do it, if there is enough interest.

I wonder if the Indy GT list a more suitable candidate, since that's at least accepted in some tournaments? Or is Thommy's list the most popular nowadays?
I've taken a look at your XML, and I might give it a try if you are not interested.  Any tips for making Army Builder files? (Or handy links?)

Xander
I use ABCreator. It's a pain to understand (I still don't understand it completely), but it gets the job done. As for tips: I just opened other data files in ABCreator, and copied code from there.

Xander:

I believe the GT List already has army builder files.

ABCreator huh? I was just going to edit the XML straight. Hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you make any progress, let me know! I might try doing it for myself, just for the experience. :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

i’VE NEVER USED THIS PROGRAM, OR EVEN HEARD OF IT. (Baby must have hit “Cap Locks” button) :smiley:

I wonder how it generates an army list for someone?

Thommy H:

It’s a program that allows you to select an army on your computer. Rather than manually calculating it from a book, you just click on the options on the screen. It’s not that complicated.

zobo1942:

Think of it as a semi-automated excel spreadsheet.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok, so I guess that each model’s points, points for shields, armor, etc are in there and you just match up your ideas and the comp spits out the value? Kool!

cornixt:

That’s right.

For a free version you could try Warfoundry, which Snowblizz has already done the files for the Indy GT list in 8th ed.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, at my age I still like to do good old “In my head” Math. (It’s so I don’t forget how! :slight_smile: )

KramDratta:

Just in case anyone is interested, the AB 2.2 files including Chaos Dwarfs (Ravening Hordes & Indy GT) can be found here.

Cheers

Update: Fixed URL to point to yahoo group

poutsma:

Just in case anyone is interested, the AB 2.2 files including Chaos Dwarfs (Ravening Hordes & Indy GT) can be found here.

KramDratta
That link doesn't work for me...

KramDratta:

URL fixed (hopefully)

snowblizz:

That's right.
For a free version you could try Warfoundry, which Snowblizz has already done the files for the Indy GT list in 8th ed.

cornixt
Pluggetty-plug plug! :hat off
|
|
|
\/