[Archive] 8th ed RH 2250 tournament list

Gar Shadowfame:

check ur bb units points are lil wrong i think, or their numbers.

also when aiming fo S5 alwas add 3 more models as if ur are right on target number petty fireball reduces ur units shoot strenght

Baggronor:

Looking good, dude :cheers

Now that Fireball is so good, a lvl 1 Fire mage is well worth it.

Also liking the Shadow for the Sorcerer Lord; Okkam’s Mindrazor is awesome on CDs (Strength 9!!! :)) and the teleport ability lets him get away. The ‘dirty combo’ is reducing an enemy unit’s Initiative with the Mystifying Miasma then nuking them with the Pit/Pendulum (Poe anyone? ;P).

I do find that a frontage of 6 really makes a difference for Dwarf Warriors; the extra 2 attacks are a nice boost; I usually run 2 blocks of 24, 6x4. The fact that CD Warriors can take magic banners is also nice (unlike my counts-as Dwarfs :~).

Horde Sneaky Gits sounds interesting, let us know how it goes. If you can get Mindrazor or Flaming Sword on them its fun time! :slight_smile:

Da Crusha:

Gar shadowflame: Thanks for bring that to my attention, fixed it. There was only supposed to be one unit of blunderbuss. ohh messed up on the sneaky gits too.

Baggroner: I definitely plan on mindrazor/pit combo, thats why Im bringing the power scroll. horde sneaky gits with Mindrazor is gonna be really nasty that is one Im really looking forward to :mad.

LORD

Sorcerer Lord 190 (305)

Lvl 4 Lore of Shadow 35

Talisman of preservation 45

Power Scroll 35

HEROS

Chaos Dwarf Sorc 65 (90)

Lvl 1 Lore of Fire

Dispel Scroll 25

Chaos Dwarf Hero 60 (114)

Great Weapon 4

Armour of Gazrakh 30

Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel 20

Chaos Dwarf Hero 60 (135)

BSB 25

Armour of silvered steel 45

Luckstone 5

Hobgoblin Hero 40 (46)

Heavy Armour 4

shield 2

CORE

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield and Full Command (305)

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield and Full Command (305)

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors with Blunderbuss, Heavy Armour, standard (Banner of eternal flame) and Musician (270)

50 Hobgoblins with Champion and Musician (120)

50 Hobgoblins with Champion and Musician (120)

SPECIAL

34 sneaky gits with standard and musician (190)

Bolt Thrower with 2 Hobgoblin crew (30)

Bolt Thrower with 2 Hobgoblin crew (30)

Deathrocket with 2 Chaos Dwarf Crew with Heavy Armour (80)

RARE

Earthshaker with 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew with Heavy Armour (110)

lords 305

heros 385

core 1120

special 330

rare 110

TOTAL 2250 pts

KramDratta:

@Da Crusha: I think you have a mistake here, as sneaky gits are 5 pts each? >>> 34 sneaky gits with standard and musician 110

Da Crusha:

thanks kramdratta I fixed it originally in post 23 but now Ive fixed that older post just to avoid confusion.

qwe50:

I think i’ll post my list so you can have a look - we play very much the same way. (big units shadow magic) To make most of my spells i have taken a book of ashur (you have 7 adv. dices = one spell on 3dices + one on 4dices or even better Melkoth’s on 2 dice + The emfeebling on 2 and withering on 3dices. you could also go for Melkoth on 1 dice but do it as last spell. My mage also have a obsidant amulet (against Death magic)
Army: i have 4 difrent blocks dwarf 6x5, hobgob 5x6, orc 6x5 and sneaky 10x3 so i have troops for each kind of opponent e.g dwarfs vs chaos warriors - sneaky vs. marauders …  
Heroes: crown useally in sneaky, wolf to hunt war machines (especially motars) hobgob hero on food (steed of shadow trix) but also crown hero if opponent have a big nasty low s unit (like witch elf) i still have my old bull bsb.

Lords (max 562p)

Sorcerer Lord@325
4. Level 35, Book of Ashur, Obsidant Amulet.  

Heroes (max 562p)

Bull Centaur Battle Standard @175
Battle Standard, Armour of Gazarakh
Sword of Might.

Chaos Dwarf Hero @106
Crown of Command, Dragon Helm, Luck tone
Heavy armour, Shield  

Hobgoblin Hero@66
Potion of Foolhardiness, Enchanted Shield,
Heavy armour, Wolf.    

Hobgoblin Hero@61
Charmed Shield, Heavy armour, Wolf.

Hobgoblin Hero@50
Heavy armour, Shield, Great weapon.

Core (min 562p)

30 x Chaos Dwarf Warriors @405
          Full Command, Great weapons, Razor Standard

13 x Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses @166
        Musician, Champion

30 x Hobgoblin Warriors @130
          Musician + Light armour, Shield

10 x Hobgoblin Archers @50
10 x Hobgoblin Archers @50

Special (max 1125p)

30 x Orc Boyz @195
          Musician, Standard, Shields.  

30 x Sneaky Gits @160
          Musician.  

2 x  Hobgoblin Bolt Trower @60
2 x  Hobgoblin Bolt Trower @60

Death Rocket @80

Rare (max 562p)

Earthshaker @110

KramDratta:

@qwe50: I might be wrong about this, but shouldn’t you have 3 Chaos Dwarfs units as core?

qwe50:

No i don’t think so - that is the old rules, now it’s: you must spend 25% on core unit’s, but loking that up i found that i have to use 562,5p on dwarfs because hobgoblins don’t count and i only have 561p (405+156) so i need to use 2 points more on dwarf’s

I have 11 points left so i have taken a champ for the BB’s

KramDratta:

No i don't think so - that is the old rules, now it's: you must spend 25% on core unit's, but loking that up i found that i have to use 562,5p on dwarfs because hobgoblins don't count and i only have 561p (405+156) so i need to use 2 points more on dwarf's  

I have 11 points left so i have taken a champ for the BB's

qwe50
Great news... cheers

Servius:

I like the build… the Shadow lore is great for us as it lets up keep our mages front and center for LOS and then cast a spell and swap them with a hero in magic phase before they get to strike you… great trick. Ask about the Gits rules to the judges before game… in the US GT errata its stated an enemy may never turn to face or increase frontage to engage models and you may always do so… Depending on who you ask it can either be ignored… the opponent always needs to test to combat reform, or they can never combat reform.