[Archive] 9th Age 2500 Kadim Incarnate Army

Admiral:

This army, taken from a Swedish tournament, is quite something. A tabletop attempt at blitzkrieg? Not mine:

Magus on Lamassu, General, Lvl 2 Forge, Lvl 1 Fire, Hardened shield, Dusk stone, Tome of arcane lore - 295

Vizier, BSB, Wizards hood, Dispel scroll - 170

Hobgoblin chieftain on wolf, Shield, Dragonscale helm - 67

Hobgoblin chieftain on wolf, Light armor, Shield, Dragonfire gem - 64

20 Hobgoblins, Swap shields for bows, Standard, Musician - 95

21 Hobgoblins, Swap shields for bows, Standard, Musician - 100

24 Citadel Guard, FCG, Flintlock axes, Flaming standard - 433

8 Kadim Incarnates, Fly - 465

8 Kadim Incarnates, Fly - 465

6 Kadim Incarnates, Fly - 345

Apart from losing to resistance to fire, how would you expect such a list to perform in tournaments and casual games?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

This list is either going to win big or lose big. It’s a good list (at least on paper!) but there are just some enemy builds that are the rock to your scissors. I just think it’s awesome that you actually have 22 Kadim Incarnates!!

I’ll be curious to hear about how this performs on the table. If you do field it, keep us updated!

Admiral:

As stated this is not my army, but that of another tournament player. I’m very curious to see almost two dozen K’daai Fireborn, and will keep an eye on how his army performs in the tournament. :slight_smile:

Admiral:

Sadly this army did not consist of 22 Forgeworld K’daai and other fire elementals, but some cheap proxy work (freely admitted by the player). Smart solution for a one-off tourney army, I guess. I’d have liked to see it in action, but my matches took all available time and left little to no time for watching. As for results, it scored 8th in a tournament of 48 people. My own gunline list came last, true to form, though scored some points nevertheless. Great fun, in any case.

Your prediction held true, Grimbold! It won hard, and lost hard.

Abecedar:

Just being in there is good work. Any pictures at all?

Admiral:

Yes, here we have some pictures. The below picture is of a cornered CD army, which is my slow WIP host getting shredded by a beautiful Orcs & Goblins army. Her husband played a likewise fantastic Dwarf army. The Greenskins were of course the weak link. The CD blocks might have withstood the frontal Savage Orc horde charge since the horde was so decimated by magic, artillery and Mangler Squigs. The K’daai Fireborn unit did very well against a chariot and pump wagon and held its own fine enough. But the Slave Orcs broke to an Arachnarok, and then disaster was inevitable. I need to replace that Slave Orc block with an Iron Daemon in the corner castle! (And in time will get some monstrous things and Skullcracker ready for an aggressive funlist, but sculpting takes priority.)

If anyone wonders about the Hobgoblin Khan in the castle, he was placed there to finish the airstrip blockade and prevent any Wyverns from flying into the artillery zone.

And for the record, here is Kaj Gyllinger, to the right, with his Kadim Incarnate army. Spot the bloodletters on 40mm bases? :slight_smile: