[Archive] 9th Age - Monster Madness 2000pts

wallofmeat:

Hi Guys,

First time poster. I’ve been playing 9th now for a bit with my nurgle daemons and very fun it is too.

I was thinking cannons arnt so scary anymore - and volcanic embrace (d6+1) fire stomps look pretty meaty. Also attacking horde 4 ranks with spear goblins is pretty cool (and I kind of want to do the skaven conversions for em).

Soooo - what if I like got 4 monsters - 2 regular bulls, lammasu and Kadaii (love the bull models epc) and then just like 2x 50 point blocks of gobbos (and a couple of bolt throwers) . The bull BSB and general would fold around them on the charge adding Ld buffs and alot of strength 5 attacks.

Like I said - im a bit new so would any of this work?

1933 Points so far

+ Lords (358pts) +

Overlord (358pts) [Infernal Weapon (20pts), Shield (3pts)]

Bull of Shamut (150pts) [Bull of Shamut]

Dragon Scale Helm (10pts) [Dragonscale Helm]

Spout of Rebirth (50pts) [Spout of Rebirth]

+ Heroes (595pts) +

Magus (280pts)

Level 2 Wizard Apprentice (75pts) [Path of the Forge]

Temple Lamassu (155pts)

Temple Lamassu

Level 2 Wizard [Path of Fire]

Vizier (315pts) [Bull of Shamut]

Talisman of Greater Shielding (30pts) [Talisman of Greater Shielding]

+ Core (560pts) +

Hobgoblins (280pts) [Champion (10pts), 50x Hobgoblin (200pts), Musician (10pts), Spear (50pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]

Hobgoblins (280pts) [Champion (10pts), 50x Hobgoblin (200pts), Musician (10pts), Spear (50pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]

+ Special (80pts) +

Light Artillery (40pts) [Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower (40pts)]

Light Artillery (40pts) [Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower (40pts)]

+ Rare (340pts) +

Kadim Titan (340pts)

qwe501:

Hi

You overlord can not use armor items, Ward/regen when riding a monster so you get the T and W Ward/armor save of the monster thats it.

(read page 66 riden monster profile)

wallofmeat:

Hi

You overlord can not use armor items, Ward/regen when riding a monster so you get the T and W Ward/armor save of the monster thats it.

(read page 66 riden monster profile)

qwe501
Yes, this is an odd quirk and will be looking at what they do in March. However - he is not riding a monster, he is riding a monstrous beast (only the big bull is a monster). I selected the small one for precisely this reason.

I have recently received advice that 2 giants > than a Kdaii. Having not played either of them, but reading through stats for the same points - I think they might be hittier (and possibly more fun).

qwe501:

Version 12 is up now

TheHoodedMan:

A giant would fit in with a Kadim Titan in rare.

I would also recommend to take the breath weapon for the lammassu, otherwise the lammassu is not so good a fighter. Fire is a great lore, why not take it two times? Or shadow to weaken your opponent`s shooting (and you can move your biggies with the path attribute additional 10").

I would rather take one great bull than the two small ones. With a lucky shield or bronze breastplate it can be properly protected and it is much, much stronger.

The issues of the list: Much Shooting and great Units will stay despite of this changes. Furthermore it is difficult to get big blocks to the secondary objectives (I speak from experience).

Nevertheless it will be difficult for your opponent to hold back all of your threats, could work very fine. Good luck!

Maybe it could be better to split one of the blocks.

wallofmeat:

Yep.

About time to get some AMBUSHING BACKSTABBERS

Plush.

I reckon sub out a bull for a foot BSB and rare section turns into a infernal engine and a giant maybe.