[Archive] A Call to Arms!

Willmark:

A Call to Arms!
-Well, at least to post pictures…

In an ongoing effort to see where improvements can be made to the site as well as follow up on the themes of the last podcast (Chaos Dwarf Radio Episode number 2): https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7728
I present the following initiative:

The Image Galleries Call to Arms
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=41

The purpose of said galleries is to highlight painted and complete models of a specific unit type based on army selection criteria, that is to say Core, Special or Rare. Models must be painted and for use with your Chaos Dwarf Army.

The galleries were launched a few weeks back, but not much has been done with them yet. I�?Tve taken on the task of bringing attention to this section of the website.

A few points as to what these galleries are not. These are not galleries for critique; please don�?Tt post critiques in the threads, just photos. Rather they are to be a reference for Chaos Dwarfs and those looking to see just what Chaos Dwarfs can be. In much the same way the army galleries highlight an entire member�?Ts army, here is a chance to highlight your work, unit by unit.

So what�?Ts the catch? No catch. In fact there are a few reasons to submit your photos, 4 different Army badges!

There are 19 galleries total, so:

- Post pictures in 9+ of the galleries for the Chaos Dwarf Army List and receive a bronze badge for your username!

- Post pictures in 15+ or more of the galleries for the Chaos Dwarf Army List and receive a silver badge for your username!

- Post pictures in every category including the “old school section” (bazuka, mortar, swivel gun, whirlwind, tenderizer, but not a Juggernaut or chaos siege gun) and receive a gold badge for your username!

- Post pictures of all of the above, plus the juggernaut and chaos siege cannon and receive a “mystery badge”. This is some serious bragging rights here!

There you have it. Anyone who wants a badge can now get one! Think about it. The other ways to get a badge are: to work long and hard and slave away in the Wiki; place 1-3 in a 10+ Golden Hat Competition, win outright a 1-9 entrant Golden Hat, paint multiples of 1,000 of your army; or have Xander think your army rocks enough to be a showcase army. Lots of ways, all very tough indeed. All in all this is a great opportunity to help the site and showcase your work, plus get some spiffy bling. Of course it requires a lot of painting as well as having a fairly sizable number of models. But, hey we�?Tre not taskmasters for nothing; we can�?Tt make it too easy! :wink: However, it�?Ts entirely up to you to participate.

When you post pictures of your unit (2-3 good, high quality ones) PM me. I�?Tll review and slaves will be awarded.

Army list breaks down as follows for the purposes of determining badges:

Core
Chaos Dwarf Warriors
-Infantry (Hand or great weapon)
-Blunderbuss

Hobgoblins
- Infantry and Archers
-Wolfriders

Special
Orc Boyz or Orc Arrer Boyz
Goblins
01- Black Orcs
Death Rocket (each counts as 1)
Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower (each counts as 1)
Sneaky Gits

Rare
Earthshaker (each counts as 1)
Bull Centaurs
Dogs of War

Misc (All individually count as 1)
Hellcannon
Army Standard Bearer & Heroes
Characters mounted on a Taurus
Characters mounted on a Lammasu

Last note this is meant to be fun, if for some unforeseen reason the question of the awarding or not awarding of a badge comes up, please PM me. Example please don�?Tt paint 9 heroes and then PM me wondering where you badge is, again this is mainly to focus on unit types.

Willmark

Obsidian:

Nice initiative! :cheers:

I have posted some of my work but don’t quite know what would be appropriate where… (maybe I’m a bit overwhelmed by the text and opportunities! :wink: )

Any chance you could help me out?

Xander:

Bravo, good initiative.  I’d really love to see those sections fill up.  They will be an invaluble resource for all Chaos Dwarf (and Prospective Chaos Dwarf) Generals!  It will really help make the site a robust source of painted figures!

If we can generate a large success with this, we might do a similar thing with the conversion section!

Remember to post a few pictures, and also provide a link to the thread where they are posted in the gallery section so people can leave comments there, if they wish.

Willmark:

Nice initiative! :cheers:

I have posted some of my work but don't quite know what would be appropriate where... (maybe I'm a bit overwhelmed by the text and opportunities! ;) )

Any chance you could help me out?

Obsidian
Sure can.

Simply post pictures of completed units in the appropriate sections. Once you reach the milestones you need to make me aware so I can review.

Post pictures of units in 9 or more galleries... Post the links to the sticky in the forum & PM me.
Post pictures of units in 15 or more galleries... Post the links to the sticky in the forum & PM me.
Post pictures of units in every gallery... Post the links to the stick in the forum & PM me.
Post pictures in every gallery including the Juggernaut & Chaos Siege Cannon (need both to qualify) and post the links in the sticky & PM me.

Whichever galleries you choose to show units for is up to you and shat units you have painted.

Willmark

GRNDL:

I thought the Showcase was where pics like these should go and I thought the Showcase was mod picked???

Isn’t this redundant?

Willmark:

To a point, yes, there is some overlap. However as is the nature of threads, eventually they become dead and slip off the 1st page, pretty much garaunteed for any forum that is…

This sub forum can only have threads added by a mod or admin, thus the page will be fairly static.

Canix:

Great Idea,now i just need to finish some units rather than have everything half done:rolleyes:

paints furiously

Thommy H:

Since I very nearly have one of every unit, I’ve put my pictures up. Any chance of an Immortals thread or are we just sticking to units that exist in the real army list?

Xander:

It’s not redundant.

It’s a quick gallery of images with links back to the original threads.

It is a section for models at a glance, where you can scroll through one thread and get a varied influx of everything that has been done so far. Clicking on the links will then allow you to get more in depth information from the detailed thread.

It’s like the compiled Gallery section, but it can be maintained by users, no need for mods to update posts, etc.

Thommy H:

Once you reach the milestones you need to makes aware so I CSM review.
Oh, I've posted, like, 11 btw. Do I get a fancy new medal?

Willmark:

Once you reach the milestones you need to makes aware so I CSM review.
Oh, I've posted, like, 11 btw. Do I get a fancy new medal?

Thommy H
Did you post in the sticky thread and PM me per the instructions??? ;)

Done.

Thommy H:

Bitchin’.

Kera foehunter:

I see what i can do .

Willmark:

Since I very nearly have one of every unit, I've put my pictures up. Any chance of an Immortals thread or are we just sticking to units that exist in the real army list?

Thommy H
The real army list.

furrie:

I will put in some blundies next week I hope.

Xander:

Since I very nearly have one of every unit, I've put my pictures up. Any chance of an Immortals thread or are we just sticking to units that exist in the real army list?

Thommy H
The real army list.

Willmark
A new gallery for Immortals and Kollossus has been added:
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5532

I merged Goblins with Orcs.

Thommy H:

Yeah, take that, Willmark!

I’ll be able to get a silver medal now once my Lammasu shows up…

Willmark:

He’s not the Emperor for nothing ya know…

Obsidian:

Well, put pics up in five areas so no medal for me yet but in the time coming I hope to change that! :wink:

@Xander: I saw that  a 2000 point army is worth a medal too right?! :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

Xander:

I am not an Emperor! :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a powerful Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer: we all are. We form the council! Age And Experience give your voices more clout. :wink:

@Xander: I saw that a 2000 point army is worth a medal too right?!

Obsidian
Yes, once you post pictures of your 2000 point army in the Gallery section, you can get the Silver Army Award.