[Archive] A Cornucopia of Chaos

The Slaver:

Ok, so here are my 500, 1000, and 1500 point CD armies. The first list is the basis of the army, but the 2 other sets could be swamped either way with a little bit of adjusting. Input is welcome and wanted!

500 Point Chaos Dwarf Army

493/500

Heroes:

Chaos Dwarf Hero { Name to come!}(60)

- Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon (4), Heavy Armor (4),

Troops:

10 Chaos Dwarfs (90)

-Hand Weapons, Shields, Heavy Armor, Champion(10), Musician(10), Standard (10) with War Banner (25).

10 Chaos Dwarfs (90)

-Hand Weapons, Shields, Heavy Armor, Champion(10), Musician(10), Standard (10).

20 Hobgoblins (40)

- Hand Weapons, Light Armor (20), Shields (20).

Death Rocket (80)

- 2 Chaos Dwarf Crew and 1 War Machine

For 1000 pts. (497)

Chaos Dwarf Hero has Armor of Gazrakh, instead of Heavy Armor (26)

Add a Hobgoblin Hero (40) with Light Armor(2), Shield (2), and mounted on a wolf (12).

Increase both Chaos Dwarf Units to 20 models (180)

Increase Hobgoblin Unit to 25 (20)

Add an Earthshaker (110)

- 3 Chaos Dwarf Crew and 1 War Machine

Add Unit of 7 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders equipped with Bows and Light Armor (105)

For 1500pts. (510)

Add a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer(65), Level 2(35), 2 Dispel Scrolls (50).

Add a Deathrocket (80)

- 2 Chaos Dwarf Crew and 1 War Machine

Add a Unit of 25 Hobgoblins(50)

- Hand Weapons, Light Armor(25), Shields (25)

Add a Unit of 15 Chaos Dwarfs (135)

- Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor, Blunderbusses(45)

Xander:

You may want to look into some Bolt Throwers. Especially to replace the Death Rocket. A couple bolt throwers will do a lot more for you.

Uzkul Werit:

The two hand weapons was a good choice in the 500pts. More pain to dish out! The lists seem reliant enough, weither you switch the Death Rocket for Bolt Throwers or not. It’s just personal peference really. The only thing I would say is that the Wolfboyz unit needs at least 10 guys in it.

The Slaver:

@ Xander: Ive played dwarfs for five or six years, and used the good old bolt throwers then…with horrible luck. Literally, you wouldn’t imagine how bad they worked for me. Though i completley agree on paper they are great, in game, they just dont work for me and my tactics.

@Uzkul: Yeha! More Pain!! Im planning to convert my hero (a slaver-esq CD) to have a vicious chaos axe in one hand and a chain-and-ball bola in the other. Though techniqally not close comabt weapons, it certainly would hurt if you got one to the face!