[Archive] A Dawi Zharr goaler

Ubbo Sathla:

Here is my first finished Chaos Dwarf conversion, a goaler made out from a Dwarf miner. Except his clippers-like tool, all the modifications are green stuff sculpts. I found pretty entertaining to sculpt scales, but maybe they aren’t square enough, don’t you think?

He’s got no eyebrows, which was intended to make him more cruel-looking, was it a good choice?

The pictures are a bit large, if you want me to put thumbnails instead, I’ll do it.

Swissdictator:

Wow, nice work! The face is well done and the scales look great actually. This is impressive work for your first!

tjub:

Sweet! The fact that he’s bald makes him look even more evil…

Thou I think eyebrows would look good on him, now it seems like he had some horrible coocking accident with gas stove! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ubbo Sathla:

Thanks, guys! I was nearly forced to make him bald, I just can’t imagine a Chaos Dwarf with a complete hair, he would have looked like Bob Marley and that doesn’t suit very well with whipping slaves and torturing captives…

About the cooking accident, at the beginning I even wanted to make him a huge scar on his forehead, but I didn’t manage to do it properly.

It is not actually my very very first Dawi Zharr, I also have made, a year ago, an attempt at converting a BFSP Dwarf, but I horribly failed, so I didn’t finish it.

Arashi:

Wow, is that really your first conversion? Impressive!

Personally, i would put eyebrows on him, but that’s up to you. And big eyebrows look pretty cruel-looking as well.

Ubbo Sathla:

Yeah, I think I’ll finally make him eyebrows, he’ll be more expressive…:slight_smile:

It is not my first conversion, I said it is my first FINISHED CHAOS DWARF, I’ve also made a few other conversions, and I’m currently working on a CD Sorcerer and on Astragoth.:hat (not the original figurine, I’m trying to re-create him with new pieces)

tjub:

@Ubbo Sathla: Hehe, dont do all the fun stuff at once… Then you’ll end up like me, 6 characters and only about 700pts worth of troops. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ubbo Sathla:

I don’t play WFB, I just convert for the fun. I work slowly and not very often, so I can’t build a whole army.

Nevertheless, you’re right, I shouldn’t convert so many pieces at once, it takes hours and is a kind of messy way to work…

Xander:

Most excellently done! :slight_smile:

You should also take some photos pre-paint so we can examine the Green Stuff work more closely! Amazing work dude.

Do you have any plans to make a full warband? :slight_smile:

two_heads_talking:

Any good slaver, worth his salt, with no hair, will have burned his eyebrows off ages ago nearby the molten vats of steel etc… Leave off the eyebrows…

Zanko:

Yeah cool work!

I would also leave off the eyebrows!

:hashut

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This guy has everything a proper Dawi’zharr needs - the curled beard and locks, the scales, the nose, the mean attitude. Me likey! :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yup done perfectly. No need to change a good thing.

Ubbo Sathla:

I’m a lazy guy, and I’ve got other stuffs to finish, so maybe I should just enlight the eyes to make him a more intense watch… (and leave off the eyebrows)

Xander:

What else are you working on? We’d love to see your other sculpting work in the Off-Topic Showcase section. :slight_smile:

Hazkar:

looks grea

i like the piercing at his biceps

Ghrask Dragh:

I like this miniature alot, excellent work my friend! The scars and piercing on the arms are a nice touch, very GW, I like the no eyebrow look but would be interested in seeing a conversion like that with big evil eyebrows.

You are working on an Asrtogoth :o looking forward to that!

Kera foehunter:

ooooh now that a chaos dwarf!! great job

Ubbo Sathla:

I like this miniature alot, excellent work my friend! The scars and piercing on the arms are a nice touch, very GW, I like the no eyebrow look but would be interested in seeing a conversion like that with big evil eyebrows.

You are working on an Asrtogoth :o looking forward to that!

Ghrask Dragh
I'll post pictures of my him (actually, there's only his arms, his backpack and some other bits) tomorrow. And he'll surely have big scary eyebrows!:mad
What else are you working on? We'd love to see your other sculpting work in the Off-Topic Showcase section
I'm working on a big Tyranid creature, on a Necron Lord (for 10 months...:~) and if you want to see my other finished and painted works, I can give you a link. If it's not the right place, I'll open another topic in the appropriate section.