[Archive] A little house on the prairie

Grimstonefire:

Just something I’m building for fun, a warmaster scale mordheim building.

A massive amount of work yet to do obviously. Lots of learning to be done on this one.

Admiral:

That’s a solid start, maestro. It looks great already. Looking forward to the details!

Abecedar:

It is looking good at this early stage.

In the first pic I thought someone had fallen through the roof.

Mivrash Faz:

Looks good.

@Abecedar: In the first pic I thought someone had fallen through the roof.

That’s what she said. :hat off

Yodrin:

Very nice start indeed. And yea, it looks like a dude fell through the roof in the first pic;)

Fuggit Khan:

Pretty cool…but I’m curious how many people get the reference ‘Little House on the Prairie’? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Abecedar:

I did but only because I’m old. Anyone under 30 probably shouldn’t, and I’m not mean enough to inflict it on them.

Grimstonefire:

An update. This house is taking forever to do. The roof has been really hard work actually. Still doesn’t sit flat, but it’s going to be cast that way. Only needs a few elastic bands when gluing and it would be fine.

Admiral:

Magnificient progress, maestro. Did you sculpt the roof? :slight_smile:

@Fuggit Khan: I get the reference, but that western TV-show (or was it a movie?) was long before my time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yodrin:

Wow, great progress and with very nice details;)

Grimstonefire:

Not an update on the house, but some other things:

I have the card version of the buildings complete. To finish these I need to coat the models in plasticard and start the detailing.

First up is the Barracks.

I haven’t decided on whether to create a ruined section of this or not? What are your thoughts?

Second is the wizards tower.

My initial plan here was to have it as shown, but I then thought it would be fun to have a waterfall coming out of the skull mouth that was then ‘suspending’ the whole thing above a base underneath. But that doesn’t really work as well because of it having a staircase in mid air… So I’m going to stick with it as shown (but with a waterfall). It’s going to be a hefty piece of resin though as it’s entirely solid. Not easy at all to hollow it out.

Bloodbeard:

Really cool stuff man! Are there that many people still playing games where this size fits?

A ruined section for the first house would be cool. Perhaps it could come with two roofs, that would be an easy way to make it a ruin.