[Archive] A new beard in town and a question

Yaron:

Hey guys and the occasional lady,

I am new to the board. Always been a tinkerer and into fantasy games so miniatures and specifically Warhammer were inevitable to come into the picture. So I like 'm strong and sturdy and no patience for nonsense! Sounds like a dwarf to me and from there it was a small step to see the unique quality and amazing possibilities of the Chaos Dwarves. Still learning a lot about the hobby and the CD’s but seeing the sheer talent here on this board in the projects and the love that you guys put in is amazing and a great teacher. So thanks for all of that.

Now, a practical question. I wanted to download all the rulings from the Wiki site, but most pdf links are broken. I have a PDF of the original 5th Ed Chaos Dwarfs Armybook but I want the most updated rulings.

Cheers and chaos :hat off,

Y

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi!

We may have all been asleep when you posted this as not all times on the world are the same! :smiley:

There hasn’t been too much new since the CD’s got their army list in 2006. Sadly, the last place on the planet where you could download the PDF finally got “Purged” by GW and that was the Australlian GW web site.

Willmark:

Yaron please contact via PM.

Yaron:

Hehe yeah, I work mostly nightshifts so actually ussualy I will be active in your timezone.

So, for now ill continue getting an army together. I am focusing on official models as I got a bit of a collector in me too and start to experiment with converting on the side. I have the BFSP set so that’s a good start.

Any active dutchies on the board? Could be helpfull to have some people closeby for games and such.

Cheers and chaos!

Zanko:

Any active dutchies on the board? Could be helpfull to have some people closeby for games and such.

Yaron
Hi Yaron! :hat off

I know 3 other guys from the Netherlands. :cheers

They are: furrie, evil clown and wizzbang!

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

lol yea im the occasional lady !!!

welcome to the site i hope to see you around !!

cornixt:

Unfortunately, GW has stopped hosting the Chaos Dwarf rules and won’t let us host them. Because removing access to rules for an army that has to be converted is somehow makes people spend more money.

Yaron:

Well, I would count CD’s fans amongst the most passionate of the whole Warhammer fanbase, it’s sad they hardly recognise that and don’t support us with up to date rulings and the possibility of backordering old models and bits. But money talks, it always does.

Cheers and chaos!
Y

Sargoth The Enslaver:

Yes killing old PDFs are Gw’s thing now,like the RoR list for Dogs of War that was killed (I think?)

Yaron:

Owke, a new question.

We basically use the Orkzess Armybook for all the rulings concerning them, fine. But are we free to use any units from the books. As long as we keep the minimum of CD’s core units?

For example, may I field a Giant or a Doom diver?

Thommy H:

No, you can use the units it says you can use in the Chaos Dwarf army list.

Yaron:

Ok, I found this in the chaotic pile of pdf’s that include rulings. So if this is the latest, it looks clear enough.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Are Chaos Dwarfs players suppose to use the Orcs & Goblins Army Book?

A. Yes. In US White Dwarf #250 on page 11 it states:

Ravening Hordes - Chaos Dwarfs

The new Orc & Goblins Army book completely replaces the list in Ravening Hordes. However,

dedicated Orc & Goblin armies are not the only ones to employ the Greenskins in battle. The

Chaos Dwarfs also use them and, as the complete rules are now out, it will be good to use

them for the Chaos Dwarf�?Ts slave troops, too. To do this you�?Tll obviously need both Ravening

Hordes and the new Orc & Goblins book. The following changes bring the list up to date:

- Replace the Special unit entries in Ravvvvveeening Hordes for the Orc Boyz, Goblins and

Black Orcs with the following army list entries from the Orc & Goblin Armies book: Goblins,

Orc Boyz, Orc Arrer Boyz and 0-1 units of Black Orcs. One unit of Orc Boyz may be upgraded

to Big�?TUns as per the normal rules in the book. All these units count as Special units in the

Chaos Dwarf army.

- Delete special rule 5 about Orcs ignoriiiiinnng panicking Gobbos (this is replaced by the full

rules from the book)

- Troops described in the Orc & Goblin booooooook follow the rules there rather than the

shorthand versions in Ravening Hordes.

- Hobgoblins suffer Animosity just as a uuuuunnnit of Goblins would in the Orc & Goblin

book. This replaces the animosity rule in Ravening Hordes (special rule 3).

S. US White Dwarf #250 page 11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thommy H:

Yes, exactly:

Replace the Special unit entries in Ravvvvveeening Hordes for the Orc Boyz, Goblins and

Black Orcs with the following army list entries from the Orc & Goblin Armies book: Goblins,

Orc Boyz, Orc Arrer Boyz and 0-1 units of Black Orcs. One unit of Orc Boyz may be upgraded

to Big�?TUns as per the normal rules in the book. All these units count as Special units in the

Chaos Dwarf army.
So those are the units you can use.