[Archive] A new take on the empire

ross_lionheart:

I have created a number of tactics that should allow me to be sucessfull against the empire with my current list…

Dealing with Flagellants:

During my last encounter with the Empire a unit of 20 Strong Flagellants who were frenzied ripped through both of my bolt throwers, my Earthshaker and cut down a unit of my wolfboyz because I underestimated them…

This time around I have a plan… Since they suffer from frenzy they must charge the unit which is closest to them. I intend to place a unit of hobgoblins within their charge range and then flee…the next turn I will smash into their flank with a unit of 20 strong big uns with 2 choppas…This means I will be hitting on 3s and killing on 2s during the first round of combat with 11 attacks…Since the unit is unbreakable it will only be a matter of time before the Big Un’s wipe the unit out.

Empire Artillery:

Again I’m just going to concentrate my earthshaker at his artillery to prevent it from shooting. During my movement phase I’m going to match towards his artillery with my wolf boys lead by the BC hero. Once I engage in close combat It should only be a matter of time before he dies…

Foot troops and detachments:

To prevent the detachments from taking away my rank bonus, I’m going to charge into them with a unit of 20 strong hobgoblin warriors whilst simultaneously Charing into his footroops. My CD unit which is 25 strong is lead by a FCMD as well as a CD Hero. They should be enough to break his unit…

Knights and heavily armoured troops:

To overcome this problem I’m simply going to bombard them with hobgoblin bolt thrower bolts. If I position them correctly I should be able to smash through the ranks…

Davido:

your plan to deal with the detachments will depend on the skill of your opponent. With empire it it quite possible to make your detachments unchargeable by ranked up infantry. Also if your opponent gets wise to your attempts to this he will put his detachment 3 inches back from the front the parent unit so the hobgoblins fail their charge and the detachment can still counter charge. The way to deal with detachments is to shoot them. which should be reasonably easy with blunderbusses.

Uzkul Werit:

The Great Taurus is the key to getting rid of the Empire Cannons. Eartshake them on the first turn and when the Great Taurus is getting stuck in, shake the infantry so you have more time to shoot them.