[Archive] A new type of gun?

Grimstonefire:

So I’m curious, if you could design a new cd gun, what would it be?

I have two ideas:

Firstly something inbetween the fireglaive and bb. Mid ranged, no combat bonus, basically a more accurate and powerful supressor at range than a bb.

Secondly, some sort of flame thrower unit.

The first one is inspired by my bb champion I’ve been making who I wanted to have a more experimental weapon.

Dînadan:

I think the flame thrower idea sounds like a good one, possibly something akin to Skaven weapons teams - a two dwarf mini on a cavalry base that accompanies a unit rather than being a unit in its own right. Could also have other weapons teams such as one that fires nets (reduces/prevents movement perhaps?), maybe a steam gun (low strength but ignores armour perhaps?), etc

Hill_Billy_Bub:

I think the flame thrower idea sounds like a good one, possibly something akin to Skaven weapons teams - a two dwarf mini on a cavalry base that accompanies a unit rather than being a unit in its own right. Could also have other weapons teams such as one that fires nets (reduces/prevents movement perhaps?), maybe a steam gun (low strength but ignores armour perhaps?), etc

Dînadan
I like the idea of weapon teams, you could even use the old models like the bazooka or even the swivel gun for them.

zobo1942:

How about a ‘Corrosion Cannon’ which sprays acid?

Abecedar:

Heres what has been suggested so far ( just so I can read them all at once)

Standard Firearm - Mid Range but more accurate than a Blunderbuss.

Flame Thrower, Steam Gun or Acid Gun.

Net Firing weapon

Maybe a boosted Blunderbuss. to cover more range but loses part of its bonuses at longer range

The flame, steam or acid gun could all be variations of the same weapon. I do like the two man teams for that.

And the net guns would maybe have a pistol like range and not able to be used once in CC.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

How about a 'Corrosion Cannon' which sprays acid?

zobo1942
that sounds like a skaven or nurgle type of thing

Dînadan:

Not a gun, but how about a grenadier unit? Something like the Skaven Poison Wind Globadiers, but instead of balls filled with poisoned gas they lob explosives.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

Heres what has been suggested so far ( just so I can read them all at once)
Standard Firearm - Mid Range but more accurate than a Blunderbuss.
Flame Thrower, Steam Gun or Acid Gun.  
Net Firing weapon

Maybe a boosted Blunderbuss. to cover more range but loses part of its bonuses at longer range
The flame, steam or acid gun could all be variations of the same weapon.  I do like the two man teams for that.
And the net guns would maybe have a pistol like range and not able to be used once in CC.

Abecedar
i think the best alternative to the netter and\or the grenadier unit it a skirmisher unit or even a detachment like what the empire has. They can be "slavers",they can stand and shoot if if a unit within 4" is charged. The netter can work somewhat like they do with orcs and goblins. the two man team for the flamethrower (template weapon) thing is a solid idea and we can include the bazooka teams as like a D3 strength 5 hits. As for another ranged weapon we can always go for the classic crossbow or use dwarven hand gun rules with flaming attacks added.

Hill_Billy_Bub:

perfect flame thrower team and bazooka team

flame thrower can use the warpfire thrower rules

the bazooka can use the poisoned wind mortar

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/cl_clam/Chaos%20Dwarfs/Coloured%20Classic%20Collection/SwivelGun1.jpg

can use the rattling gun rule except with a D3 instead of D6 and doesn’t explode to represent a shotgun/ grapeshot type fire

if you want tme to post the rules to them tell me

gsteelwraith:

A machinegun team could be interesting, using the old Ratling Gun rules perhaps. While we’re at it, how about a CD version of a Warplock Jezzail? Longer range, but with enough pop to hurt a high Toughness enemy. Of course, the old bazooka team could do that.

Carcearion:

I feel like the CD are a little light on slave capturing gear all around, I could see like a duel-barrel chain bolas firing contraption being cool. That that has always been disappointing with the slave capturing races like Dark Eldar and Chaos Dwarves, there hasn�?Tt really been a mechanic for it for a long time.

ashur:

How about a harpoon type weapon to bring down large creatures?