[Archive] A pack of 5...what to do?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

:ideaYesterday I bought a 5 pack of Black Orcs from The Sentry Box. (They open larger boxes and source out the parts.) It’s not a large unit, but the CD list says 5’s the minimum. It will be a good start until I can buy a box of 10 for a unit of 15.

Until then…just a question for you guys to help me consider when building these guys.

I have 5 and I’m allowed the option to make 1 as a Musican, 1 as Standard Bearer, and 1 as Champion. Should I bother with a full command unit, or just build 1 as the Champion and the rest as regular Black Orks until I can buy a box of 10 Black Ork’s?

What would you do?

Pyro Stick:

How much was this pack of 5? I would be tempted to buy a pack myself if its cheap enough. Do they have an ebay shop?

If you dont like the look of the musician and standard bearer then dont make those but i would definately make a champion. But if you are planning on buying a box of 10 eventually then it doesnt really matter what you do because you are going to end up with the exact same models in the end.

Kera foehunter:

so are these black orc of 5 are they metal

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It’s a plastic Black Ork box of 10 with the parts for 5 warriors removed. They were $15.00 and a regular set of 10 was $30.

Not much of a savings, but I figured they’d add to my army.

Pyro, I meant from a game play perspective. Should a group of 5 bother with the musician and SB for the extra points and bonuses to support 2 non command warriors, or should I not bother and just fight with 4 warriors and 1 champ?

Ancre:

With 5 black orcs, I would say no banner, they’re too small to keep it, and it’s 100 vp easily caught, so it suddenly makes them an interesting target. The musician I won’t take because they are a support unit and if they run they’re likely never going to regroup or be to few to do anything useful, so it’s a bunch of points badly used. The champion could help, one more attack is always good. I would say gamewise go for a cheap unit if you take 5. They’re a very fragile unit, so keep the points low to minimize the risks.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX! This sounds like a good plan. Once I get more troops, I can always add the rest of the missing command figures.

GRNDL:

Put big hats on them. What else is there to do?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

But that would require…skill! LOL!

GRNDL:

Nope, just big hats.

And glue…

Willmark:

Black Orcs never leave Zharr Naggrund without them…

Quite possibily our best infantry choice, bug definately increase their unit size.

crador:

I also won’t take a musician. If they panic, they keep running from low unit size

Kera foehunter:

Nope, just big hats.

And glue...

GRNDL
yea big pirate hats !!!!:yar:yar