[Archive] A rumor I hope is untrue!

Uzkul Werit:

Araby does have models in the current edition however. The Desert Dogs with the little blind boy.

Lord Zarkov:

And they have the warmaster models as well

Canix:

I think it would be very profitable for them to release cathy and araby or nippon for that matter especially if they had loads of cool models and monster choices ,i think they would sell very well to all .Imagine the possibilities Choas dwarfs may still well be released in 2009 as thought .More choices would encourage more sales as people who do play tend to collect multiple armies:hat

Also with warhammer historicals rising popularity there is probably a demand for 25mm historicals that could also be fantasy,this is all pure speculation of course but could make sense;)

Arlon:

araby should have elelphants,cammels,flying carpets, and genies

elephants: stegadons with a rampage rule

camels : horses thet cause fear in horses

flying carpet: flying chariot without impact hits

genies: a exalted demon thats a level four wizard

Gilzam:

Thats like GW reserecting my old Norse Army and saying that all Norse aren’t chaos orientated again… never going to happen in a month of Sundays but then again look at OK, I never knew they were coming until they were in White Dwarf as previews, so never a possibility, anything for GW to not give us CD a proper army book.

Willmark:

I think it would be very profitable for them to release cathy and araby or nippon for that matter especially if they had loads of cool models and monster choices ,i think they would sell very well to all .Imagine the possibilities Choas dwarfs may still well be released in 2009 as thought .More choices would encourage more sales as people who do play tend to collect multiple armies:hat
Also with warhammer historicals rising popularity there is probably a demand for 25mm historicals that could also be fantasy,this is all pure speculation of course but could make sense;)

Canix
No one is doubting they are cool or would be cool. Its simply a case of how do you squeeze all this in if you are GW? Production being such that it is it will be time for 8th edition by the time they add 2 more armies that haven't either been A) in production for a while (chaos dwarfs) or B ) never had their own army list before. All the while with no guarantee of success. Its easy for us to say "Do it, we'll buy 'um", quite another for that expenditure of capital to translate into profitable sales.
Araby does have models in the current edition however. The Desert Dogs with the little blind boy.

Uzkul Werit
True, but one unit does not and army make.

wallacer:

GW are not in a good place financially at the moment.

That’s why there have been so many space marine releases recently, not to mention Apocalypse where you could literally buy a crate full of marines.

In the current climate GW are never going to take a gamble on such as unknown quantity as Cathay, Nippon or Araby.

Even CD may be seen as a risk…

Willmark:

CD may be seen as a risk....

wallacer
x2

Its not a good climate for any figure manufacturer right now. GW is simply more isolated from it by being in a (relatively) better position in the market.