[Archive] A TOFG for CDO?

AGPO:

This is something i’ve seen work really well on other sites. Basically, its a series of posts following the format of the “A TALE OF FOUR GAMERS” format from White Dwarf. Four members would make a monthly post detailing their army from inception to ‘completion’ and how they managed it.

If people would be interested we’d obviously need 1) three or four others to take part - four gamers and one person to bring the thing together every month (this might be one of the gamers or someone else). Also 2) I’d appreciate some feedback on what format this should take. option one is to have four different WFB races featured, one of which would be chaos dwarfs. The other would be a showcase of different styles of collecting chaos dwarfs. E.g. you could feature someone’s marrauder army, some 4th ed big hats, a new mask-hellcannon style army and some new chaos warrior helm style models.

If you’d like to take part PM me with your pitch for a new army and why you think people would want to read about it. I’ll get back to you about what would be invlolved in more detail. The door will stay open for new pitches for a couple of weeks and then pick the four best. At this point we can agree a monthly budget, completion deadlines etc.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT COMMIT TO TOFG UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO GO THE DISTANCE. THIS WILL INVOLVE A MONTHLY OUTLAY ON FIGURES AND PAINTING TO A DEADLINE. DON’T AGREE THEN LET YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS DOWN

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

I would do this, but sadly I don;t no how to post pictures online.

Khan!:

It definitely would be a cool idea. I support the project, although I don’t have the models/funding to participate functionally. I could do a half-finished army :smiley: ! But no it would be far better to start them from scratch. Certainly I would read the log.

Willmark:

Tale of 4 gamers would be a good thing to do, but as AGPO mentions it will take 4 members of the site to be super dedicated and be willing to put the effort into it. The problem for most people is that it needs to be a SUSTAINED effort, and that is where many people fall by the way side.

Than- If need be one of the staff can help you with getting photos online, and teach you how to do it for yourself, its surprisingly easy.

furrie:

I just don’t have the time to do it.

AGPO:

Well I’d be happy to committ to producing one army, and to compiling the whole thing each period. I is possible to set a longer time limit (say every two months) if people have budget constraints.

My idea would be similar to that used by ogre stronghold. There would be one WIP thread for the four gamers to post WIPs and ask for advice and feedback. In addition each month the gamers would PM or email their contribution to the compiler, who would structure the wole thing and post it up as an article (i.e. a locked thread like a gallery).

Auretious Taak:

I’m actually starting a Chaos Space Marine army themed around Fabius Bile for 40k currently and focusing on that, my own CD army will take a long time to construct though my brother is still wanting to construct a mechanical dragon for my General to ride atop. I don’t have the time to commit to this, it would be a great motivator to get my Orcs & Goblins finally painted, I have 3-4,000 pts of Orcs and Goblins largely unpainted mostly off a mate that would love to be painted and fixed up. I’d do them if anything and budget in each month to equivalent boxes of stuff and go from there. But as I said, no time. Shame really.

Here’s a suggetsion for it:

If other forum members get some sort of work on their own armies or own special modelling/painting projects during the time each month then they can also feature these as a back of article kind of submission. It could work?

Hmm,

Auretious Taak.

Grimstonefire:

I would say aim for 4 members, with as many as possible collecting Chaos Dwarfs. If you can’t get 4 then open it up to other fantasy armies.