[Archive] About Hashut

Sargoth The Enslaver:

Ok so as this topic has come up alot I think it dose no’t hert too bing it up again and I have two points that should (thats the key term should) dispell most things about him

1#:What dose Hashut look like?

Well I am shocked that only a few people have no’t seen this:Hashut looks like a Bullcentuar!But with a bulls head and no beard.Now I do here you saying the words WTF?!But think about it if CDBCs are indeed his choisn few they would be in his likenes I think but being Dwarfs they are only half Dwarf half bull.And as he is the bull headed god we may slafly say that has a bulls head but the boddy of a man

a minotor on bulls legs I guss.And as for him haveing no beard in the Mathias Thulmann short story Meat Wagon there is a dwarf who says the words “HASHUTS BALD BEARD!” and too dwarfs bald beard means "he has no beard"

2#:God or Deamon?

Well I fell he is a Deamon who has asended too god hood

why?well if the CDs where indeed driven underground and that they “found” Hashut that may say that he is a Deamon who was inprisond in the rock like and I must bring this up again like the minotor in the labrinth of greek mitholgy.And though he is the god of darkindristriy he may have a Deamon of Slanech as the CDs are veary greedy and headhonist or a Deamon of Tzeentch due too the Sorceror-Prists of Hashut and there Sacrificial rights of blood and magic

Nuf’ said:hat off

Thommy H:

There’s no canon information on either of these topics. There is the suggestion (mostly from the Shadows of Hashut spell in the old magic cards) that he looks like a bull, but it could be metaphorical, and Chaos gods can change their appearance.

As to what Hashut actually is, there really is nothing to go on besides dubious, sometimes unpublished sources that weren’t written by anyone on the actual design team.

cornixt:

It doesn’t say in the fluff that they were driven underground. They might have been, but it doesn’t say so. The difference between gods and daemons is only in scale.

I’d say he was more bull-like than bull centaur, because the Taurus is even more revered and it is almost purely bull.

Alric:

From the Chaos Dwarf Army book …

The Temple of Hashut

"At the pinnacle of the city is the Temple of Hashut, the bullshaped god of the Chaos Dwarfs who they call the father of Darkness."

From Warhammer Online wiki

"Hashut is a lesser Chaos God. He is the patron of the Chaos Dwarfs. He is usually depicted as a fiery beast with deep black or bright scarlet skin, with the head and sometimes the body of a bull.

There is very little information known about Hashut, especially regarding whether he is one of the Chaos gods or some other kind of god. What is known is that Hashut was a powerful daemonic lieutenant of Khorne who rebelled and was trapped underground to await Khorne’s punishment. The daemon was discovered by the Dwarf clan that traveled east to the Mountains of Mourn, and tunneled deep into the mountain cage of Hashut to protect themselves during the first Great War against Chaos. Hashut protected the Dwarfs who had inadvertently released him, sheltering them from the great war in the outside world.

After this a great schism split the Dwarfs, some staying true to the Ancestor Gods, and many choosing to worship Hashut. Hashut granted the most powerful of his new worshippers magical powers to use against their kin, some would eventually become so mutated that they became Lahmussa or Targus - battle beasts still used by the Chaos Dwarfs to this day. After the two sides had battled, many of the traditionalists were sacrificed to Hashut, thrown into forges and furnaces. The worship of Hashut changed the nature of the original Dwarfs until, over time, they became Chaos Dwarfs, corrupted by their prolonged exposure to a powerful chaotic entity. "

Thommy H:

The stuff from the Warhammer Online wiki has no support in canon, just so you know.

Grimstonefire:

I like the idea of him morphing between head of bull/ humanoid body, humanoid upper body and legs of bull, bull with humanoid head, all bull, all humaniod etc depending on his mood.

As to what he would spend his time doing when he’s not fighting, it would be nice if he spent all eternity forging his own armour and weapons to take down the other gods!  Never quite perfect he keeps going until he gets it right.

With him morphing shape all the time to a lesser or greater extent it’s nigh on impossible.  But being a god that will not stop him trying anyway.

He’d need specific armour against each god as well of course.

cornixt:

These other wikis with non-canon material, tsk…

Revlid:

There’s really very little difference between a gods, daemons and spirits. It’s largely a matter of power and attitude.

Ancient History:

There’s an article on Hashut in WOH#4.

Alric:

There's an article on Hashut in WOH#4.

Ancient History
cool , thx , WoH is really a great fanzine

:hat