[Archive] Abyssal dwarf berserkers

Mr Saturday:

Anyone seen these yet? Interesting.

http://www.manticblog.com/?p=3201

Golder Goldeater:

For me champion = Win, the rest= Fail.
Really I was expecting them to look more like half naked guys with tiny horns and crab claw mutations.:frowning:
Now it would be easier for me to buy normal berserkers and convert them up. Not that I am planing on creating a chaos dwarf slayer unit but…

Da Crusha:

Im not a fan of the forward turned horns, but other than that I like the models.

Mr Saturday:

I like the champion too, not sold on the rest. Personally the avatars of war slayers have more potential for me, as they come in so many parts it would be a breeze to convert them.

clam:

I prefer the naked version to these. Like others helmet is a big ‘fail’ IMO

tjub:

I have to agree, though I dont think the helmets are that bad. But I do prefer the “normal” Mantic slayers over these…

Father Grumpmas:

I think they look okay, but there isn’t really anything overtly ‘chaotic’ about them.

I quite like the helmets.

nitroglysarine:

Yup, I’m in the like champion, hate the rest camp.

Glimpse the Void:

Eh, I kind of like 'em.  I find the helmets unique, and feel like they evoke the whole essence of the bull, as the horns point forward rather than randomly into the air or back.

The rest of the models are kind of plain, otherwise, I could have considered these as my Obsidian guard.

Xander:

Personally the avatars of war slayers have more potential for me, as they come in so many parts it would be a breeze to convert them.

Mr Saturday
I agree.

Felix says they'll be accepting pre-orders for those tomorrow!

Shinobi:

OK, just a quick note… negative unfortunately, because I normally have good things to say about Mantic.

These look like modified Beserker figures for the ‘normal’ Dwarfs… as such be prepared because those ‘normal’ Beserker minis are tiny when compared to the other Mantic Dwarf figures. The image below shows you the size difference, and on the table it is even more obvious.

(Beserker, Character, Shieldbreaker)

Sorry to be all negative, but I am happy with virtually everything else I have from Mantic, but I think people should be aware of this… :wink:

Mr Saturday:

Felix says they'll be accepting pre-orders for those tomorrow!
Great. I'll be having me some of them. War machine crew, conversion parts, mutants and fillers here we go.

nitroglysarine:

@Shinobi, wow, okay I can see everything as the same scale apart from the heads, the plastic ones are WAY bigger.

Golder Goldeater:

Sorry to be all negative, but I am happy with virtually everything else I have from Mantic, but I think people should be aware of this........ ;-)

Shinobi
Same here. I was expecting something nice because I liked everything else mantic has released. :(
(Except the elves.Then again I hate elves no matter the manufacture. They look sick and skinny)

CheTralfara:

They seem almost human proportions, I think that’s my problem with them.

If the heads and arms come seperate they would make some nice conversion bits for adding to the new AoW plastic berserkers. Regardless, that would probably be cost prohibitive anyway.