[Archive] Additional CD Train Cars

Skitter-Smash:

As we all know by now the rules for the Iron Deamon and the cars are all out and unfortunatly (at least I think unfortunatly) there are too few train car options…Something we on this grand forumn should fix!

So some ideas for cars would be the rumored but scrapped Bunderbluss tower/transport car, a supply car (could give buffs to nearby units, gives a bunch of vp points to enemy, just mainly adds fluff), a Alter to Hasut, a train car/stable transporting feral Chaos Warhounds/Wolf riders (would protect the squishy light calvlry until within striking distance), etc…

These are just some random brainstormed ideas…As I don’t have the book I am kind of relying on you fine people who do have the book so any thoughts or ideas would be greatly apprciated…

So lets make this CD train like a Big Hat and make it HUGE!!!

Thanks again

Abecedar:

Not much more to add to those. Using what models I’ve got, I thought about having a flatbed ( or similar) with all my swivel guns on it. There’s also the old prison cars that I remember seeing somewhere once.

Ugly Green Trog:

Slave cars would make for a good fluff game, with the attacker trying to capture the train cars to rescue slaves without killing those inside. I also like the flatbed waggon/blunderbussers idea.

aka_mythos:

I don’t know what you’d do rulewise, but you’d think they’d need more of a supply and fuel car. Or how about a mobile throne room and workspace for a daemonsmith/prophet on the go? How about a big drilling machine?

Nicodemus:

I don't know what you'd do rulewise, but you'd think they'd need more of a supply and fuel car. Or how about a mobile throne room and workspace for a daemonsmith/prophet on the go? How about a big drilling machine?

aka_mythos
All very excellent ideas!! I was thinking a forge, but that nicely falls into your 'workspace' category for the daemonsmith/prophet. A drilling machine that drills straight down and is basically a deployable oil well design would look good. Basically haul it into position, then uncouple it and deploy the drill. Could have storage tanks on it as well so that it's totally self sufficient.

Cell for storing and capturing slaves while on the go
Mobile armoury filled with armour, helms, the odd bighat, weapons and blunderbusses/fireglaives
Altar to Hashut that doubles as a forge

aka_mythos:

All very excellent ideas!!  I was thinking a forge, but that nicely falls into your 'workspace' category for the daemonsmith/prophet.  A drilling machine that drills straight down and is basically a deployable oil well design would look good. Basically haul it into position, then uncouple it and deploy the drill. Could have storage tanks on it as well so that it's totally self sufficient.

Nicodemus
That's a really good idea too, but I was thinking... what happens when they come up to a mountain that's in their way. They'd just drill and keep on going. So maybe it'd be a drill that can swivel to aim forward or straight down combining both our ideas. In my head I had it doubling as a weapon.

cornixt:

A terrain flattening machine would come in handy, not much suspension on those carts so you’d need a smooth path

ryanamandaanna:

The train itself already flattens everything that comes up to it’s wheel height or less…

Abecedar:

wouldn’t our slaves be out front digging the lumps out of the way? and any that fall over would just make for a softer ride.

aka_mythos:

wouldn't our slaves be out front digging the lumps out of the way? and any that fall over would just make for a softer ride.

Abecedar
And couldn't we just have our slaves pushing and pulling our land trains? Sometimes expedience is a virtue that trumps the joys of slave driving.

Abecedar:

Mythos you spoil sport. Whats the point in having a steam train if it can’t run over something? I admit any enemy would be nice but on the way there… well accidents do happen

Skitter-Smash:

I like the idea of a fuel car perhaps the rules for that could be as simple as allowing the iron deamon to march because (correct me if Im wrong) the iron deamon only moves 6in. per turn so adding a fuel car and be able to march ever turn would be good.

Or if it can march already than perhaps giving it a move and shoot rule to show how the abundance of fuel allows faster movement giveing more time to set up and tear down weapons and such…

Just some thoughts…