[Archive] Ahh to be a newbie again!

Benjiman:

Right at the risk of sounding horrendously idiotic I need some help, I’m new to the site, and new to Chaos Dwarf’s in the sense that i’ve only made four warriors… I don’t like what i’ve made since the beards have turned out all wrong and they just look like dwarf’s with chaos insignia and helms :S in other words, they look awful. If anyone, anyone at all has got any tips of the trade, please feel free to pummel me with it, i accept that there will be a few snide comments haha, but to be expected for someone crying out for help.

Thanks All

Canix:

Hi welcome to the site i dont think you’ll get many snide comments here.I think not many of us have a need to feel superior by belittling others.:hat

If you post pics people can see whats going wrongwith your beardsbut it may just be easier for you to watch xanders vids

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5711

Benjiman:

cheers very much canix, shall do so, when i can find my camera :S, and watching xander’s videos as i type, thanks for the advise. Much appreciated

Kera foehunter:

I say watch the vidios and search the whole site for ideas. These guys are great!!!

Hammerhand:

I get by with a little bit o’ trial and error. And xanders vids of course!!!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

And keep trying. I didn’t plan my CD much in detail, I just started sculpting and eventually liked (most of) the results in the end. ^^

Malificant:

i feel your pain brother. start off simple. dont try doing the crazy creative ornamental beards until you really have the hang of everything. and, xander’s videos of course.

WarplockMonkey:

I just studied various pics, was inspired by other people’s great work, tried it out for myself and your unique style will come through eventually

A bit rich from someone who has only been collecting CDs since Conflict North! :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

Just buy you some green stuff and go for it . Just surf the site and you will find everything you need to know

cornixt:

Make sure you check out [[Chaos Dwarf Warrior Conversions]] on the wiki