[Archive] Almost a complete whirlwind

zobo1942:

Just saw this - thought someone might be interested.

I was considering picking it up, but decided otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300553526840&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1004wt_905

(not the seller, not affiliated with the seller, don’t know the seller, etc…)

Pyro Stick:

Missing the wheel scythes, one main scythe, boar centaur body, faceplate and the axle looks in poor shape. I think if anyone bought this it would take them a long time to find the spare bits if they dont already have them. I wouldnt pay more than £10 for it.

zobo1942:

I thought someone might want the parts to customize a ‘doom harness’ - after all, the boar centaur could be replaced with a bull centaur (or something else), the ‘faceplate’ could be built with some plasticard, and a couple of horns or swords could get glued to the wheels and replace the missing scythe…

Abecedar:

Just saw this - thought someone might be interested.

I was considering picking it up, but decided otherwise.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300553526840&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1004wt_905

(not the seller, not affiliated with the seller, don't know the seller, etc....)

zobo1942
Missing the wheel scythes, one main scythe, boar centaur body, faceplate and the axle looks in poor shape. I think if anyone bought this it would take them a long time to find the spare bits if they dont already have them. I wouldnt pay more than £10 for it.

Pyro Stick
It,s mine now and pretty sure I have got some odd spares (spare leadbelcher face plate might work) and I think a boar centaur body to complete it. Biggest problem normally is fixing broken chains.

G.2:

It,s mine now and pretty sure I have got some odd spares (spare leadbelcher face plate might work) and I think a boar centaur body to complete it.  Biggest problem normally is fixing broken chains.

Abecedar
Congrats on the win. I look forward to seeing photos the finished item.

Abecedar:

Thanks, as for photos = You and me both. Building projects I’m getting on top of slowly, painting on the other hand, well lets say that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting further away.

G.2:

... well lets say that the light at the end of the tunnel is getting further away.

Abecedar
Don't Let It!!

Pyro Stick:

I think you got it for a decent price at least. I think my first whirlwind (only missing the wheel scythes and one main scythe) only cost me £13 or something. Hope you can complete it eventually.

Lord_Nagash:

if you can, get rid of the broken chains and redo them with some jewelry chain. pretty inexpensive and you wouldn’t have to worry about painting them

zobo1942:

Awesome idea - but how would you do that? Dip the chain in superglue, and hold it in place with pins, or something, until it dries?

I’d be curious to know!

Borador:

Haha I was bidding for this one aswell, you must have outbid me in the last minutes or so.

Congratulations on winning, looking firward to seeing what you’ll do with it!

nitroglysarine:

Awesome idea - but how would you do that? Dip the chain in superglue, and hold it in place with pins, or something, until it dries?

I'd be curious to know!

zobo1942
I've done it with two pins on a board, hang so the chain forms a natural 'U' shape, and then add superglue along it, perhaps twice if I recall correctly, and let it dry it forms quite a good shape, but I find it still needs painting.

Abecedar:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll practice on something inconsequential, like a doomseeker or something.