[Archive] Alright, who has $600 kicking around?

Willmark:

One of a thousand that were made, that’s right 1,000 and they only come up every once and a while on eBay…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112280785871?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Carcearion:

Ugh man I’m sorry, great collectors item or not that sculpt is… lets say rough.

I’d take this 9$ reaper bones giant over him any day.

Slavemaster Hod:

Classic mini, but not $600 worth of classic.

Abecedar:

It has the same expression my wife would have if I bought it and she found out.
not my cup of tea though. got away once

Herby:

Still looks better than that ugly plastic giant.

But not worth $600! Are you kidding me…

Even as a collector of old Citadel miniatures you’ve got to have an extra useless hole in your head to pay that price for such a piece of…

Sjoerdo:

I’m not particularly font of the mini, but is definitely worth 600$. It’s a classic, same like the chicken dragon, which even fetches much more.

Bloodbeard:

I hate that sculpt. I get that some iconic, rare miniatures are worth a lot. But for me they still have to be good looking miniatures. … The board centaurs, some old marauder dwarfs - great pieces. This - I don’t like it. The later metal giant is much better.

Willmark:

I think the other part that’s getting missed is this was created in 1982. For reference slotta bases weren’t even a thing yet or we’re just starting around 1984. I think it’s a fine “mini” considering the time frame.

That said Sjoerdo is right, this is the lower end of what I’ve seen. As I recall last time it went for $1k.

And lastly, unlike a lot of minis on eBay this actually is rare. Unlike when a buyer says “1990s big hats are rare and OOP”. That’s partially right they are OOP, but not rare.

There is only 1,000 of them, probably less now. Big Hat CDs were mass produced by comparison.

Fuggit Khan:

The later metal giant is much better.

Bloodbeard
Yes! Still the best giant model in my (old school) opinion.
Definitely rare, this is the first one I have seen since '85 or '86...but rarity is not enough for me (personally) to spend $600. If it was a better sculpt, with a free hat and bowl of soup, then maybe.
But I'm sure a devoted collector (perhaps Doombeard?) will happily buy it.

Willmark:

Which metal giant are you guys talking about? For a long time gamer like me a “the later metal one”. Could mean any number of Giants. I want to make sure I’m on the same page.

Bloodbeard:

This is the one I’m thinking off.

Slavemaster Hod:

This is the one I'm thinking off.

Bloodbeard
Best giant ever. My brother had one of these I hope to get off him one day.

Kamphre:

I think that Giants of Albion are the latest :slight_smile:

Fuggit Khan:

Bloodbeard
Yep, this one. Best giant model ever :)
Back in the good ol' 5th edition days I had three of these bad boys in my army. I named them Master, Blaster and Disaster and it was so much fun in the game store as all the kids watching would yell "jump up and down!" during combat.

Willmark:

Bloodbeard
Best giant ever. My brother had one of these I hope to get off him one day.

Slavemaster Hod
Gotcha. The Marauder Giant as it is commonly known.

I've got one of those, serves as a mercenary in my 3rd edition chaos Army.

Carcearion:

That’s a cool mini, he looks really huge.

Willmark:

About it the size of the of the plastic one. I’ve got both.