[Archive] Alternate Rule Books

snowblizz:

The warriors, is that just with a hand weapon, no shield or spear?

If it is that's 4pts for a repeater crossbow, which I believe is S3 AP 24".  IMO that is too cheap, but I guess elves are not as tough as chaos dwarfs.

Having re-read the rules on Multiple shot weapons, and that they are -1 to hit all the time if you opt to shoot multiple times, I think overall that 15pts/ model with light armour and no option for shields would be reasonable?

Grimstonefire
Ah, the warriors always come with spear so 6p buys you LA,spear and a DE.
10p a warriors with LA and crossbow.
DE are cheap, but they sort of "pay" for it in other places. That's why it is difficult to make straight comparisons between units in different armies.

I'd keep HA on the BB. I've always been of the opinion that people like elfs and dwarfs that are "small populations" and excellent artificers would prefer heavier armour for protection.

Grimstonefire:

That would be 6 pts for repeater crossbow, which is to be expected considering they’re BS4.

As hobgoblyn reminded me, Dwarf missile units only have light armour (with option for shield).

Ok then. 15 pts/ model with LA and option for shield.

8" shorter range than Thunderers

Double the shots, but effectively -1 to hit (long range) -2 to hit (at close range) compared to a dwarf handgun.

Both are S4 AP.