[Archive] Alternative Army Lists for free download

Willmark:

For interested in either playing or collecting models for army’s that appear in the fluff but not in GW’s plans here ya go:

the Army of Nippon
the Army of the Norse
the Army of Estalia

I wrote these years ago @ the dawn of 6th edition, little play testing has been done. But from a sense of accomplishment I think I did an OK job. :slight_smile:

They are in PDF form so fell free to peruse.

http://www.darkshadowgames.com/index.htm

Once there click on the wargaming tab and army lists are there (sorry direct link isn’t working).

Willmark:

BUMP!

What now love here??? :frowning:

Thommy H:

Looking through the Nipponese one, it seems extremely well-researched. My only thought is that it reads a bit too much like a Japanese historical army, rather than a Warhammer army inspired by a real culture from history. Bretonnia is not just a medieval French army and The Empire is not simply renaissance German, for instance.

Willmark:

Valid. Still would be fun to field it though!

Canix:

Awesome work there friend like the araby list most but its all good do they really need kamikaze rocket men lol:hat

Zarek:

hey i found an army list on this website www.rgmw.org/fantasy/rgmw-wfb-IceDwarf.html - 66k. unfortunatly it has long since been deleted. anyway it took the choas dwarf army list and applied it to a group of dwarfs from the mountains of norsca that had fallen to chaos. The man who made it filled it with conversion ideas and the like. The reason i liked the lists was that you were completely free with how the army could look. For example in place of a lammasu he called it a wrymm of the north. it functioned the same and could be easily by the wyvvren orc model. This kinda got me excited becuse and i mean no offense, i hate what the lammasu look like and i really like dragonish things. Thats just an example of this did. i have a printed copy of the list and i intend to base my army off of the idea that he suggests. any thoughts???

Zarek:

sry about the missing words… i think faster than i type uhh lets see here…

“and could be easily repersented**** by the wyvvren orc model”

"thats just an example of what this guy*** did"

there all fixed!

Theory_Man:

Nice job.

Willmark:

Awesome work there friend like the araby list most but its all good do they really need kamikaze rocket men lol:hat

Canix
Thanks. I can't take all of the credit though. A number of things ate from 3rd efition (as noted) and changed for 6th. They should be fine to use with 7th as well.

I am a bit puzzled by the kamikaze bit? Are you talking about the Nippon list?

Zarek- paint and/or model however you want to... Its your army.