[Archive] Amarynth's Chaos Dwarf Project

Amarynth:

Hello everyone :hat off

I have been thinking for quite some time about what type of chaos dwarfs I want to collect and after lurking here on the forum and browsing through the vast virtual plane known as the internet, I came to the conclussion that I prefer the old look of the marauder chaos dwarfs. I quickly realized that they were a little far from my current budget, so what I think im going to do is to individualize the normal dwarf warriors with random left over warriors of chaos bits and greenstuff to make them mostly unique to get the old marauder chaos dwarf look. I am happy to finally get this project on the way. More updates to come in the future, kind regards Amarynth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

BABIS:

good luck with your project!

TheHoodedMan:

Very good!

There are also the Ewal Dvergar models if you`re looking for that old school look.

Good luck :cheers

Amarynth:

Thank you Babis, will be sure to check them out TheHoodedMan :wink:

After experimenting in my chaos workshop I created my first chaos dwarf from a left over Chaos Warrior and I am fairly happy with the result :slight_smile:

I am also working on my non chaos worshipping norscan army, I fininshed a jarl for the army, he looks like this. He is made out a chaos marauder and a chaos warrior. I tried to remove as much of the chaos iconography, skulls are ok tho :stuck_out_tongue:

¨

This is all that I have to show for now, more updates to come :slight_smile:

Jackswift:

The dwarf conversion looks good.  He’s a bit on the tall side (I think; without seeing a side by side it’s hard to tell) but frankly make them as you like.  Dwarf model height varies quite a bit between manufacturers and ranges.

The non chaos norscan army is a good idea, and the model is a good start.  If you are a miniature company agnostic, I would suggest taking a look at Redbox games models, or picking up a copy of Blood Rage for the models (though it’s actually a fun game too).  

Cheers, JR

Amarynth:

The dwarf conversion looks good.  He's a bit on the tall side (I think; without seeing a side by side it's hard to tell) but frankly make them as you like.  Dwarf model height varies quite a bit between manufacturers and ranges.

The non chaos norscan army is a good idea, and the model is a good start.  If you are a miniature company agnostic, I would suggest taking a look at Redbox games models, or picking up a copy of Blood Rage for the models (though it's actually a fun game too).  

Cheers, JR

Jackswift
Thank you for the kind words, here is a side by side picture :)

Amarynth:

Im sorry for double posting but I have finished assembling my first 5 chaos dwarves :smiley: and I just could not wait to show them to you all :slight_smile:

Fuggit Khan:

Welcome aboard CDO Amarynth :hat off

And thank you for sharing pics of you conversions with all of us…it really works well to chop down the chaos warriors to dwarf size, a surprisingly nice effect :cheers

Have you tried possibly spacing their legs/feet a small bit further apart from each other? I’m thinking that may give them a more solid “squat” dwarfish look?

Either way, they are very nice :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing more of them when you have time to share more :hat off

Amarynth:

Welcome aboard CDO Amarynth :hat off
And thank you for sharing pics of you conversions with all of us...it really works well to chop down the chaos warriors to dwarf size, a surprisingly nice effect :cheers
Have you tried possibly spacing their legs/feet a small bit further apart from each other? I'm thinking that may give them a more solid "squat" dwarfish look?

Either way, they are very nice :)
Looking forward to seeing more of them when you have time to share more :hat off

Fuggit Khan
Thank you Fuggit :) I have been tinkering with the feet sadly if I space them out, then they become impossible to rank up in the unit. I finished painting them up, I just need to base them and my first 5 will be done :)

Abecedar:

Even though I don’t generally like chaos warrior heads for CD’s, I do like yours. Maybe it is the whole body transformation.

As to what Fuggit said about spreading the feet. I think you should consider it.

If you cut the feet/legs off flush with the bottom of the armour and then bring each one out by literally only a couple of millimetres it would make a huge difference. and that wouldn’t change how they rank up.

Helblindi:

These are some nice conversions, but aren’t you forgetting about beards?

Amarynth:

These are some nice conversions, but aren't you forgetting about beards?

Helblindi
Beards will be added soon ;P so no worries, theres no dwarf without beard. :D

Admiral:

Beards to come? Then they’ll be perfect conversions. Updated versions of the old mini-Chaos Warrior Marauder Miniatures CDs. They look good, and dare one even say a bit cute? “Mini-me, you complete me.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking forward to future progress here!

Mrowa:

They look pretty awesome! :slight_smile: So original even if it’s “just” smaller chaos warriors, looking forward for more :slight_smile:

Nicodemus:

Off to a great start!  Glad to hear you’re going to beard them up, otherwise they might be mistaken for elves :o

Zhatek The Weird:

Good to see my ramblings about chaos dwarves finally got through ha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Cant wait till your army is finished so that we can have a chaos dwarf standoff hah :smiley: