[Archive] Amarynth's New Norse Army Project

Amarynth:

Hello everyone who might stumble upon this post, here I will share my progress with this new project of mine. I will mostly be using miniatures from Warlord Games, the value in their boxes is simply incredible. I bought 1 box of their Viking Hirdmen for 20£ in the box you get a total of 44 miniatures which has a lot of weapon choices ranging from spears, axes, swords, throwing axes and long axes which is pretty amazing. 1 box is pretty much a small starter army. I will be using the ruleset from the free peoples range in the Age of Sigmar format, since they are the army that fits the miniatures the best equipment wise. My army as it stands now consists of 42 miniatures.

1 Norse King �?" Freeguild General �?" (Sigmarite Weapon and shield)
The most powerful man in the norse society is the King. Most Kings was once Jarls, but in some occassions one inherits the title of King from their dying farther as their last wish, before ascending to the gods realm.

1 Norse Jarl �?" Freeguild General �?" (Great Weapon)
The Jarl is a mighty warrior loyal only to the tribe’s King. In exchange for his devotion, the King grants the Jarl, warriors, plunder, thralls and private hunting grounds.

10 Bondsmen �?" Freeguild Guard �?" (Spears and shields) x2
The many Bondsmen are young lads who are inexperienced. They are warriors in service to a Jarl or to their King, these men live on their employers land. In exchange for their uttermost loyalty, the employer of the bondsman, rewards them with gifts, such as armour and weapons.

10 Reavers �?" Freeguild Guard �?" (Axes and shields)
The cold seas of the Old World are full of horrors, among the most feared mariners are the Reavers, brutal and cruel warriors who plunder the coastlines in search of riches, slaves and provisions. They are not keen to give mercy, hardened from their many raids with the imperial ships and sailors. The Reavers sail the seas to bring back the plunder to their villages in the cold north.

10 Huscarls �?" Freeguild Guard �?" (Sword and shields)
The Huscarls form the warrior elite of the Norscan armies. They vary in background from accomplished veterans to minor nobles. Of all the Norse, the Huscarls have the most experience in combat. They can charge headlong into the enemy with the rest of the warband, or they can slowly advance under the cover of a well made shield wall, allowing them to strike deep into the enemy’s army.

I went to visit Zhatek to play some games against his bighats, it ended out with a Norse victory with 2 wins out of 3 for me. :slight_smile:
More pictures and updates soon to come, back to the painting desk with me.
Have a nice day everyone. ~Amarynth

Amarynth:

Hello, everyone :hat off
Here are a few wip pictures of my king and jarl for the army, I still need to give them a wash and settle on which type of basing to use for the army. The models are fairly easy to paint up quick, which is a relief for me since I prefer playing over painting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I really like the many shield heraldry designs that exists. But without further ado here is King Erik of the Jutlanders.

Next up his Jarl Bjorn, The Jötunn Slayer armed with his trusty dane axe.

My Reaver unit will be the next thing on the list, more to come :slight_smile: ~Amarynth

Abecedar:

Looks good. Are you going to put some washes on them?

Some of the lads here have used the Warlord figures for their armies in Saga.

For my Irish army, I did a lot of differing bases colours, then painted on an Army Painter dip, all over for shading then did them again with Dullcote.

This is them here.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15821

Amarynth:

Looks good. Are you going to put some washes on them?
Some of the lads here have used the Warlord figures for their armies in Saga.
For my Irish army, I did a lot of differing bases colours, then painted on an Army Painter dip, all over for shading then did them again with Dullcote.
This is them here.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15821

Abecedar
They will get a wash as soon as my order from games workshop arrives in the mail, restocking paints and washes ;P. Your Irish-men looks really cool, I will be posting some more wip pictures soon. ~Amarynth