[Archive] An alliance to watch the Old World burn

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

Got a few more additions to my Chaos Horde. I had an hour to get these bad boys painted and based :wink: Well they aren’t hobby masterpieces but hey 300pts of Deathshriekers will nail anything :wink:

Yodrin:

Wow, niiiiiiceeeee!!!

RedRaven:

Your custom-scratch-built-dakka is top notch. Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing it.

Bloodbeard:

Good work ethics to get that many deathshriekers done quickly! A pretty nasty thing to bring into a game.

tjub:

Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on something small to make them pop?

Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on sorting small to make them pop?

tjub
So true, and thanks for being honest. When i started repainting my Chaos forces i was using Red for capes etc... as i have gone through newer units i have definately neglected them. Just 1 extra colour does bring a lot to the model and in the grand scheme of things i could still do the 2nd colour just after the metal drybrush and just before i start throwing washes on... i think you have inspired me again ;)

Ben Saunders:

Nice Deathshriekers indeed. I see that they’re based on CSM Havoc Missile Launchers - any other tips on how you built them?

I think the fairly limited colour palette works well too, though perhaps a bit of red or some other spot colour would help them pop more.

took some advice and added an extra colour to my recent batch :wink:

Been busy with some more Chaos Dwarf stuff :wink:

Great Weapon Infernal Guard block

Sorcerer Prophet on magic carpet. This badboy hangs with warmachines for his 2++ LOS roll then deathsnipes punks as they break my line

Castellan outdoor slaver outfit

Fire daemonsmith

Prophet that rolls with IG sword and board, nice and safe until he miscasts…

Fire daemonsmith

Castellan BSB

“Hobgoblin wolf riders”

“Hobgoblin Khan”

Admiral:

The paintjob is a bit rough, but it’s shaping up nicely. Well done! :cheers

Finished up some ‘Fireglaives’ and an Earthshaker Cannon today. Puts my painted Chaos Dwarf allies at over 6k :wink: Usual fuzzy phone pix and underwhelming paintjobs incoming!

Fuggit Khan:

I know I’ve said it before…but I’m going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint…could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.

It really is a marvelous arcane construct :cheers

I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct :cheers

Fuggit Khan
Thanks Fuggit Khan, your work has been very inspirational to me so it means a lot :) i've been taking all the dodgey pix with my phone but i have all the equipment to take real nice photos so i'm going to get onto rephotographing everything. I just finished up my 2 iron daemons so new pix will be up soon :)

Doombeard:

pls take some nicer pics with good lighting, want to see all the details and cool stuff you have done!

Bloodbeard:

Your army is growing pretty large and fast Vantraxx. Good work there. I too would like some better pictures deserves it. But you mobile can do better than it does. Put the miniatures on a sheet (so there’s no distracting colour around) and take the pictures outside on in day light. That’ll do wonders even for phone photos.

You must have a pretty large Army Medal in there. Mae a legal army list to accompany an army photo, then post a link to Nicodemus. Get your virtual bling.

Get your virtual bling.

Bloodbeard
I did a few test pix with my iron daemons and the earthshaker. I'll post them tonight... i'll need a bigger area for the armyshot but i'm working on it :)

Here is one of my Iron Daemons. This one will stand in as a Skullcracker if i was to ever use it but it also has guns because hey, they are just better :wink: I’m playing around with different ways to take photos so i hope you enjoy my shoddyness up close and personal :wink:

As far as the model itself, well it is a mashup of a lot of different bits. It’s not like i don’t like the Forgeworld model… that this is brilliant but way too overpriced in my books so i started making 2 :wink:

Here are some more pix of my Earthshaker Cannon.

Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids :wink: Also, Mitch gave me a limited edition slayer Dwarf that i converted into the extra Ogre crewman (thx Mitch), enjoy!

Admiral:

Great warmachine conversions. :slight_smile:

Fuggit Khan:

Thank you for sharing more pics with us of your war machines, good to see some close up pics of all the imaginative details.

You have a very interesting style of scratch builds, they really look like a Daemonsmith built them…I love them!

And the red snow is awesome :cheers

Bloodbeard:

That’s the way to take photos of aweaome miniatures. Nice!

Have do you do the white background?

Anyway. Good job. Takes some slaves for more red snow.