[Archive] And suddenly it hit me... K'daai destroyer

Necrotique:

I think anyone who thinks they're buying anything legitimate from China is a fool. That said my brother maybe a fool. I've seen castings from this site, that my brother bought. Ironic but they're the only place where you could get the FW twin-linked autocannon for the left(or right?) side of the basic dreadnought... at least they were for a while.

I think the castings were actually pretty decent; I  have seen FW castings that looked worse. These castings tend not have tell tale signs of recasting, like double mold lines; what is apparent is that they use this harder more brittle resin, similar to what Epicast used back in the day.

aka_mythos
I just wouldn't feel right doing that, though can see why people (especially fellow Aussies) would. A box of minis costs almost two days' rent. I know people can argue that you'll spend more time on them than that but that's besides the point.

I'm mostly bummed about the FW Titans because I made a legitimate side-line for cash by building and trading, selling, painting, etc, FW models. Now if I choose to sell one titan to get my buying price back (the beauty of FW products, really) then it may not garner such a good price anymore.

I now understand why there are so many very cheap eBay stores selling FW products.