[Archive] another Castellan

RichardC1967:

Hi all, just purchased this guy…I think with a bit of tweaking he would make a good castellan, I now officially have more Castellans in my army than CD units…

brotsorrow:

This is a great looking model… please post a comparison pic to FW IG when you get it :slight_smile:

RichardC1967:

This is a great looking model.... please post a comparison pic to FW IG when you get it :)

brotsorrow
ok..will do

Nicodemus:

He’s somewhat oversized compared to 28mm scale models.  If you’re putting him on a 20mm base he’ll cover it completely, so make sure you have his neighbours in any unit setup appropriately so that they can still rank up.

~N

RichardC1967:

He's somewhat oversized compared to 28mm scale models.  If you're putting him on a 20mm base he'll cover it completely, so make sure you have his neighbours in any unit setup appropriately so that they can still rank up.

~N

Nicodemus
I'm thinking about grinding down the beard and replacing it with a proper chaos dwarf one..in your opinion does this look like it will be easy to do, or should I just greenstuff over the original?

Nicodemus:

Grinding down will be hard, but if you have clippers that will be enough to get most of it clipped off, I’d suggest leaving the moustache etc around the face as the face has pretty fine features on this model and would be easy to mess up.

~N

RichardC1967:

Grinding down will be hard, but if you have clippers that will be enough to get most of it clipped off, I'd suggest leaving the moustache etc around the face as the face has pretty fine features on this model and would be easy to mess up.

~N

Nicodemus
I guess what I meant was, smoothing out the beard under the points of the mustache with a dremel tool...I will get a better idea once I have the model in hand..and will post pics of my progress once i get started

Thanks