[Archive] Another earthquake has struck Christchurch

Borador:

Just saw on the news that an earthquake (6,3 Richter) has struck Christchurch.

Hope that everyone from CDO is fine, since there are more casualties than back in September!

Grimstonefire:

It looks quite bad so far.

Half my relatives (more like 90%) are in NZ, so I hope they’re all ok.

Father Grumpmas:

Poor old Wallacer is in Christchurch - hope he is okay.

I’ve heard from most of my friends there - one or two bumps and cuts but they seem to have scraped through in one piece.

The city is trashed though - very sad as I was through during Christmas and they were just beginning to sort things from the September 2010 shake.

wallacer:

Poor old Wallacer is in Christchurch - hope he is okay.

Father Grumpmas
I'm ok but my house isn't.  Part of the ceiling came down, there is now a small spring bubbling up from my back yard and a stream of water running down the driveway and my miniatures cabinet fell over destroying most of my Warhammer minis.

On the bright side my Chaos Dwarf and Fallen Realms armies are intact and nobody I know has died (that i'm aware of).

As my house is currently without power I'm sending this from a friend's computer.

Been an interesting couple of days. The aftershocks make it impossible to sleep so I spent most of last night reading the fellowship of the ring by candlelight.

Thanks for the kind thoughts Mike (and others). I'll catch up with you at Natcon if you're coming down for it.

Father Grumpmas:

Glad to hear you are okay and that at least you have part of a house left.

So sorry that you guys had to go through this twice - hopefully things might look a bit brighter come Natcon.

I didn’t have any fun playing with my new Mantic CD’s because of this bloody quake.

Da Crusha:

glad your alright wallacer.

vulcanologist:

Phew a close one! Glad you’re ok!!

nitroglysarine:

Glad to hear you are okay.

Borador:

Luckily your okay! Hang in there mate!

richard barby:

hey wallacer im at city guard in auckland im trying to get a warhammer fund riaser day going to raise money for christchurch wargaming for a good cause .

hope your ok hang in there mate

wallacer:

hey wallacer im at city guard in auckland im trying to get a warhammer fund riaser day going to raise money for christchurch wargaming for a good cause .

hope your ok hang in there mate

richard barby
Thanks, that's a great idea.
Glad to hear you are okay and that at least you have part of a house left.

So sorry that you guys had to go through this twice - hopefully things might look a bit brighter come Natcon.

I didn't have any fun playing with my new Mantic CD's because of this bloody quake.

Father Grumpmas
Hi Mike,

The people i'm aware of who are OK are:

Mal Patel
Basil Moskovis
Al Dennison
John Davis
Damon Quaid
Mike Stewart
Darren Urquhart
Mark Ottley

Willmark:

Glad to hear you’re OK dude.

At first I thought ok Wallacer is in Oz. Then remembered correctly!

Swissdictator:

Also happy to hear you are safe. Hopefully no news is good news on friends/family. Sorry to hear about the house and armies…

Hopefully the costs of any repair work will be within tolerance.

Thorne:

Damn good news bud great to hear that your all good.

Abecedar:

I'm ok but my house isn't.  Part of the ceiling came down, there is now a small spring bubbling up from my back yard and a stream of water running down the driveway and my miniatures cabinet fell over destroying most of my Warhammer minis.

wallacer
Very glad you're OK neighbour. House and mini's you can fix, people not so easy.