[Archive] Any Regrets?

nitroglysarine:

A was wondering if anyone else on here had sold off or rejected expensive miniatures years before they were worth the silly amounts they go for on eBay nowadays.

I had an army stolen at my school, it was a dogs of war army and its RRP was about £400, on eBay nowadays it’d be nearer double that.

Also about 10 years ago a friend of mine gave away his Legion of the Dammed army and I turned it down having moved to fantasy. I must have been a looon!

I also recall a friend selling the ass cannon in school, and I (as the time) though it was stupid and didn’t want it for the £5 he wanted for it.

furrie:

The biggest regret I have, is that I didn’t start buy the big hat CD’s sooner

warh:

I had an army stolen at my school, it was a dogs of war army and its RRP was about £400, on eBay nowadays it'd be nearer double that.

nitroglysarine
thats not a regret, right?

I dont regret much but I think I should have bought more minis when i was youngerx.x

nitroglysarine:

well i regret taking them to school, so kinda.

snowblizz:

well i regret taking them to school, so kinda.

nitroglysarine
Sure, but in this you're not culpable as such, so it's not the same kind of regret really. It was not your choice to have it stolen after all. Outside forces acting and whatnot.

Trying to have a think and besides a lot of regrets I can't think of any related to miniatures. Right now at least. None of the stuff in my "hobby youth" (I started out when 18-19) are really of any particular worth.

Maybe a general, "shoulda realised how cool the old metals were".

Well maybe there's one. When a friend had a GW sales staff mailorder him things I should have gone the whole nine yards. It was only after the fact I was told we got the staff discount. More importantly GW then dropped the bitz service. But that's again sort of external forces working.

Bolg:

Well I had some 4rd ed CD’s back in 1994 (ish) a unit plastic warriors death rocket Army Book and some more bits… I sold them for something around 25 gulden (less than 15 euro’s). But the most GW related regret I have now is that I never bought the Karl Jerico Inquisitor model when it came out, I really loved it but couldn’t really afford it (as I didn’t need it for anything). now Its very hard to come by and cost a fortune (and I still want it)

Khan!:

I dont regret much but I think I should have bought more minis when i was youngerx.x

warh
I think I'm the opposite! I have far too many minis from when I was a kid/young adult and I don't know what to do with them all :(

I also, ironically, regret not convincing my Dad to buy the plastic "Terminators and Tyranids" box-set when I saw it in our FLGS 17+ years ago when I was 8 or 9. Because that kit was awesome.

Nicodemus:

Regrets, I’ve had a few.

But then again, too few to mention.

Pyro Stick:

I was offered a Juggernaut one time for around £100-125. I regret saying no to the offer, thinking it was too expensive and this was probably just 3 years ago.

Thorne:

My deepest hobby regret is selling my tyranid army, If I recall off the top of my head I had 18 carnifex 500+ termagants 400+ genestealers 120 tryanid warriors and 6 hive tyrants… The size of the army alone would fill 6 large toolboxes possibly tripple if foam cases existed at the time. Secondly my Necrons. That was a great force and I was totaly unbeatable with them amazing what you can do with a white dwarf army list.

Joshmohr:

Im not sure about my regrets. At my shop, here in Colorado you can leave things and expect them to be there for a week or two. I remember losing a amazingly converted tzeentch wierd boy, and finding it two weeks later at the shop.

But, i suppose not following through with my plans of making a nurge ogre army.

zobo1942:

I have tons of regrets.

Oh, wait - we’re talking about miniatures! I just give all my stuff away every five or six years as I attempt to ‘get on with my life’.

Still waiting for that life. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU )

G.2:

I don’t have any purchase regrets. Actually I am kinda glad that I started buying my Big Hat CDs when I did (about 3 years ago), as they are SO overpriced at the moment, that if I bought them now, I simply wouldn’t be able to afford them.

I have two regrets, the first is, that I should have started painting my minis a lot earlier, rather than wait and wait and wait and wait. Giving myself every excuse possible for not painting. I am now painting, and I have realised that it is experience which makes you a better painter…so ‘IF ONLY I HAD STARTED EARLIER’.

My second regret is, that, I had a box of Rouge Trader Space Marines, which I “Butchered” in an attempt to convert them, well now days the same Rouge Trader Marines are very collectable. Oh Well!!!

dncswlf:

I guess I’d say one of my biggest regrets, as G.2 said, is not painting… I took nearly a 10 year hiatus as life took me in other directions… but… here I am now… only thing we can do is look forward and live today! (Though I say that from atop my mountainous pile o lead… )

Bassman:

I do not have many regrets on miniatures. Yes, I’d like to have boight more miniatures when I started in 1997… now most of them are OOPs and worth many bucks but actually did not have the money at the time!!! My only and great hobby regret are 6th edition metal demonettes. Why, why I did not have bought them? They are awesome miniatures and so expensive right now :frowning:

snowblizz:

Why, why I did not have bought them? They are awesome miniatures and so expensive right now :(

Bassman
Na na na naaah na.

That's the one thing I *did* do. I bought every metal Demonette I could get my hands on.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, like leaving my Jo-Han 1963 Plymouth Fury model car kit in Denmark with my first girlfriend. I bought it for $15 Canadian and now it’s worth over $200 US!

nitroglysarine:

I once picked all the resin out of a metal model just to find his face had been filled off.

That was a few hours of my life lost that i’ll never get back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Zanko:

No real regrets!

Perhaps not playing more games in my youth when I had plenty of time … :mad

:hashut

nitroglysarine:

Why, why I did not have bought them? They are awesome miniatures and so expensive right now :(

Bassman
Na na na naaah na.

That's the one thing I *did* do. I bought every metal Demonette I could get my hands on.

snowblizz
...Yeah I can see why they are awesome :D