[Archive] [AoS] Age of Sigmar- Baggnarond's Legion

gsteelwraith:

I’ve been slowly assembling a Chaos Dwarf force since I lucked into finding Titan Miniatures website a couple years ago, and also scored a bunch of big hat Chaos Dwarfs at our local gaming con last year. The legion is composed of these miniatures, and I’ve added scutum-style shields from Warlord Games so the whole force has a unified look across the ranks. Wearing bright red tunics and carrying their distinctive scutum shields and fire idols into battle, nobody has a force which looks even remotely close to them, and they certainly stand out.

My current force looks like this:

�?oBaggnarond�?Ts Legion�?�

�?oHigh Hat�?� Infernal Guard Ironsworn (18 models), (18 Wounds) Ashsteel Weapons and Spiteshields. With Deathmask, Musician, and Icon Bearer

�?oHellsworn�?� Infernal Guard Hellsworn (6 models) (6 Wounds), Ashsteel Hand Weapons and Spiteshields, with Marrog Blackhand (Deathmask), equipped with a Pyrelock Pistol and Ashsteel Hand Weapon.

Daemonsmith Jeddak Skulltaker (1 model), (5 Wounds)

�?oPyredrakes�?� Infernal Guard Fireglaives (19 models), (19 wounds) with Fireglaives

with Grulka the Pyreborne (Deathmask) with a Fireglaive, Icon Bearer and Musician.

K�?Tdaai Fireborn (3 models), (9 Wounds)

Currently on my painting table is enough Titan Minis Heavy Infantry to build the ‘Hellsworn’ regiment out to a total of nineteen Dwarfs (the High Hats being original 4th ed. GW Chaos Dwarves), as well as a second Daemonsmith to help take up the load of spellcasting. I have three Bull Centaurs and a Dreadquake Mortar, an additional Daemonsmith, and Baggnarond himself still waiting in the line. Because I’ve worried more about putting boots on the ground, Grulka has been acting as my General, though once the man himself gets his day on the painting table, he will take command of the legion.

As you can see, it’s quite a compact force, and the Pyredrakes throw a lot of lead downrange. With the con coming next month, obviously I’m compiling a shopping list, and my legion has needs. What should I be looking for?

Abecedar:

Which system will you be playing?

One more Bull centaur or Tauru’k to make a squad of four and I have heard a lot of pro’s for taking Death Rockets over the Dreadquake (no personal experience though)

gsteelwraith:

We’re using the original AoS system. I’ve heard about the new point system, but know nothing about it, nor where to find it.

gsteelwraith:

Silly me. I’m hoping to get a force of at least six Bull Centaurs, and fill out my infantry blocks to 28 dwarf regiments, as well get a full 22 dwarf shooting unit. I’m hoping to score a Death Rocket at the next con, or scratch-build one.